renewing my carnet - no more sticker space in the back

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

renewing my carnet - no more sticker space in the back

Postby agantuk » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:32 am

hello everyone, all the sticker spots at the back of my carnet are taken. paid my prorroga in november, and with tasa anual coming up and no space to put that sticker. wondering what is the process to get a new carnet in this situation. any information is appreciated.

gracias! :)

marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: renewing my carnet - no more sticker space in the back

Postby marlia » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello all,

I would like to know also about this.
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:47 pm

I believe you will need to get a new copy of you CE. The following links will help you.

https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.ph ... ecanizado/

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26945&p=139247&hilit=renewal#p139247
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:05 pm

It's good that you mentioned it. What does "Cambio de carné de registro manual a carné mecanizado" mean?

Thank you.
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi I never filled mine , but I understand you are required to have a new card issued. The details are taken from your file/old card and a new one provided. The cost is in the region of 35 soles. (Manual changes and production of new CE)
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby agantuk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:22 pm

thanks adrian :D
Huayruru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Huayruru » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Can anyone provide more details on this process?

In particular, I'm confused by the fact that form F-007-A, which is referred to in the Digemin instructions for "Recarnetización" does not appear to contain a section for "Recarnetización". There is, however, a section for "Duplicado del Carne", so perhaps in fact it is the "Duplicado del Carne" process that needs to be followed, as described here:

https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.ph ... tranjeria/

Very grateful if anyone can shed light on this.
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby agantuk » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:45 am

does anyone have an answer for huayruru's question? or, now that they are not giving stickers, we don't need to renew the carnet?

many thanks in advance....

:)
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:36 am

agantuk wrote:does anyone have an answer for huayruru's question? or, now that they are not giving stickers, we don't need to renew the carnet?

You have a very good point. I do not think this problem has occurred before. You will need to talk to Digemin.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:20 pm

agantuk wrote:
does anyone have an answer for huayruru's question? or, now that they are not giving stickers, we don't need to renew the carnet?

Looks to me they're cost cutting on stickers. Starting this month they no longer issue stickers for tasa anual, and therefore, I suppose, there will be a change in CE design (the space for TAE will be eliminated) and maybe they'll come up with something new for extension stickers, who knows?
Huayruru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Huayruru » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Having just completed this process I can answer the original question. The "Duplicado del Carne" process is indeed the correct one; you need form F-007-A together with the receipt for payment (49 soles) at Banco de la Nacion and a photocopy of your carnet. You also need to have paid (or been exonerated from) the carnet tax and to have completed the prorroga process (up to the point of picking up the new prorroga sticker). When you go to DIGEMIN to pick up the prorroga sticker (third floor), you hand in the receipt they gave you for the prorroga and also the "Duplicado del Carne" documents. Then you get directed to a room where they take your photo, fingerprints etc. and - instead of getting a sticker - you get a new carnet.

Unfortunately DIGEMIN, in their infinite wisdom, have apparently not (yet) removed the spaces for tax stickers from the backs of new carnets, so as others have mentioned it may be necessary to carry around the receipt(s) for tax payment to avoid problems with officialdom.
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby agantuk » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:12 pm

thanks huayruru for posting your experience.

i also just returned from DIGEMIN after completing the Duplicado de Carnet process and it is exactly as huayruru described. the only comment i will add is that it is possible DIGEMIN would go back to the sticker system in 2016 because the new carnet has sticker space from 2016 onwards.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register