part time jobs in Lima?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
gwiffey

part time jobs in Lima?

Postby gwiffey » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 am

Is it easy to find part-time jobs teaching English in Lima? If so, what kinds of jobs are they? How is the pay? I know I won't be able to support myself fully on that, which is fine, just need some supplementary money.

As for my qualifications, I have a B.A. and 3 years experience teaching English in Korea.

danjaker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: part time jobs in Lima?

Postby danjaker » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Look, look, look. It takes time.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: part time jobs in Lima?

Postby chi chi » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:55 pm

gwiffey wrote:Is it easy to find part-time jobs teaching English in Lima? If so, what kinds of jobs are they? How is the pay? I know I won't be able to support myself fully on that, which is fine, just need some supplementary money.

As for my qualifications, I have a B.A. and 3 years experience teaching English in Korea.

It's nowhere easy to get a job nowadays.

If you apply via the internet then I will be hard to get a response but they best way to get a job is walking in a English language school and hand over your CV.
Your biggest hurdle will be getting a work visa because an employer must be willing to sponsor you.
There are a loads of English teacher that work 'off the record' however without a visa but if you don't get paid at the end of the month or they ask you to work gruelling hours then there isn't a lot you can do.

You can also give private lessons but it will take time to build up a customer base but if you charge a democratic rate and are a good teacher then you can make a decent living.

That you allready have teaching experience is a big plus.

Rates of pay aren't hugh especially compared to the high cost of living in Lima but as in your case, you only need an extra income then you will be fine.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register