horario del pago de la Tasa Anual de Extranjería

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

horario del pago de la Tasa Anual de Extranjería

Postby mammamia » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:05 pm

Hello,

What are the actual hours for pago/exoneracion del pago de la tasa anual de extranjeria in Lima office? Last year the hours were from 1 to 6pm but I hear they changed them again. Has anyone done the tramite this year yet?

Thank you.

Huayruru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: horario del pago de la Tasa Anual de Extranjería

Postby Huayruru » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:25 pm

According to the link below the hours are now 8am-1pm and 2:30-4:00pm.

https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.ph ... tranjeria/
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:41 pm

Thanks a lot for the info. According to this ad, there won't be stickers any more. Or as usual, they're out of stickers!
Huayruru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Huayruru » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:53 pm

I think they may have stopped issuing tax stickers altogether. They register that you have payed, but there will no longer be proof of this on the actual card.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Huayruru wrote:
but there will no longer be proof of this on the actual card.

That's what I'm worried about. Most people don't even bother to look at the back of the CE but there's always a "black sheep" working at a bank, mayor's office or elsewhere who will try to have a look and check every damned detail about your carnet. I remember trying to wire some money abroad via Western Union and the teller wouldn't make the transfer because she thought my CE had expired and the stickers at the back didn't seem to mean anything to her.
jontul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jontul » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:11 am

I have paid my 2015 Tasa, and Migraciones now issues only a paper saying this has been done. They no longer have stickers. My advisor suggested copying both sides of my Carnet along w/ the paper and then laminating this. I would use the laminated document when necessary (i.e. leaving Peru and returning, etc).
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:12 pm

Thank you. Do they still do it in one day: you pay the tax and receive the constancia at the moment?
jontul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jontul » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:36 pm

I actually had someone else go to the office there to manage this for me. He took my Carnet in the morning and returned with the Carnet and my "Constancia de Exoneracion de Tasa Anual de Extranjeria Año 2015" paper the same day.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Hello all,
I just got my Constancia de Exoneracion de Tasa Anual de Extranjeria 2015 today as soon as I submitted the requirements. My question is since Immigracion did not issue anymore sticker as a proof that we paid the Annual Tax, do we need to bring this Constacia all the time together with our CE?
jontul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jontul » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:06 pm

It was suggested to me that I copy the letter, having it shrunk down to wallet size, laminate it, and carry it with me along with my CE. That's what I'm doing just to be on the safe side.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:13 pm

Thank you for the idea, Jontul :)
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:47 am

Folks,

Whilst on this topic, I have a quick question : other than the F-007 filled out with the payment slip from Banco de la Nacion and having your carnet with a copy what other documents do I need to provide?
I have been told that a recent copy of my Marriage Certificate from Reniec and a copy of my wife's DNI should be enough.
But I have also read that I should take a certified letter signed by my wife (Peruana). Is this really needed?

Thanks
Dan
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:56 am

I believe that depends on whether or not you plan on filing for the exoneration. If you're not and you just plan on paying the tax I don't think you need the marriage documents or your wife's DNI. As far as the certified letter from your wife, I remember having my wife write one when I went to pay my Prorroga a few months back. I don't think it's necessary for the Tasa.
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:08 am

ironchefchris wrote:I believe that depends on whether or not you plan on filing for the exoneration. If you're not and you just plan on paying the tax I don't think you need the marriage documents or your wife's DNI. As far as the certified letter from your wife, I remember having my wife write one when I went to pay my Prorroga a few months back. I don't think it's necessary for the Tasa.

Thanks Chris.
I plan on paying the $20 exoneration.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Danny55 wrote:
ironchefchris wrote:I believe that depends on whether or not you plan on filing for the exoneration. If you're not and you just plan on paying the tax I don't think you need the marriage documents or your wife's DNI. As far as the certified letter from your wife, I remember having my wife write one when I went to pay my Prorroga a few months back. I don't think it's necessary for the Tasa.

Thanks Chris.
I plan on paying the $20 exoneration.

That's what I usually do. Although I'm married to a Peruvian, I pay the $20 tasa and save myself the trouble of going through this wedding certificate legalization tramite at RENIEC (unlike in Lima this procedure in provincias takes almost a month and costs about S/.40). So, it's much easier for me to pay the $20 fee.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register