The need to cancel your Carnet before leaving Peru?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

The need to cancel your Carnet before leaving Peru?

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:10 pm

I am going to be leaving Peru permanently with my family for Ireland during the next couple of months, I was looking on the migrations website regarding information as to if my kids (who have Peruvian & British nationality) would require a Peruvian passport to leave Peru? as they only have British passports at present.

anyway as I was browsing the migrations website I came across this: https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php/aviso-ciudadano-extranjero-residente-en-el-peru/

According to this any foreign resident that is leaving the country on a permanent basis needs to take the required steps to cancel their Carnet in advance to leaving Peru!

Below are some of the steps that are required:

To leave the country as PERMANENT, in advance, you must request the "CANCELLATION OF RESIDENCE AND ISSUANCE OF THE FORM OF FINAL OUTPUT" on MIGRATION Headquarters and / or Zonal Headquarters, presenting the following requirements under TUPAs:

- Form F-007 (Free).
- Receipt of payment of the Banco de la Nación for processing fee (S / 20.80.)
-. Carné Aliens extension of residence and pay the Annual Rate of Immigration (TAE) to day.
- Notarized letter of guarantee or tax clearance issued by the SUNAT (only for adults).

The migrations at the airport can see on their computer anyone that owes money for outstanding tax payments as they are leaving Peru & can make them pay upon leaving at the airport.

For me this is a hassle I certainly do without as what If for whatever reason the person that had left Peru had to return within 6 months? They would have to go through the whole process of applying for a new Carnet!

Why can't it be if you leave on a valid Carnet you have 6 months to return to Peru or your Carnet is canceled? (I Always thought thats how it worked?)

mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The need to cancel your Carnet before leaving Peru?

Postby mammamia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:33 pm

Back in 2009 I stayed outside the country for more than 6 months and I hadn't applied for cancelation before leaving Peru (simply didn't know I would be away for so long). When I came back I applied for a new CE and nobody at migraciones mentioned anything about the cancelation procedure. I was issued a new CE and gave up my old one. No drama.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:07 pm

You can get a paper saying your tax and everything is paid and up to date. That way you can leave the country no problems.

If you come back within 6 months then your carnet is still valid.

If not, then you simply start again and do the cancellation of the expired card as you start the process for the new card.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Hello Chelsearob77,

my experience almost the same with Mammamia, the different is when I came back to Peru (after more 8 months) and applied new CE, I have to cancel first my old CE in Digemin, then the same procedure like for the first time. My old CE and new CE have the same number.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:36 am

Lloyd007 wrote:You can get a paper saying your tax and everything is paid and up to date. That way you can leave the country no problems.

If you come back within 6 months then your carnet is still valid.

If not, then you simply start again and do the cancellation of the expired card as you start the process for the new card.

So if I don't cancel my carnet, but don't have this Notarized letter of guarantee or tax clearance issued by the SUNAT they could stop me leaving Peru?

I just want to be able to leave without any problems.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Well, you can leave without canceling it. But getting a new one when you come back becomes a hassle.

I would suggest do it right.

There is a form that you can just tick a box and sign it saying you haven't been working and haven't had to pay any tax. Obviously, if your carnet is category ''worker'' you will definitely need the right tax form. If you are ''Family Resident'', you could get away with it. Let me see if I can find the form... Will let you know.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:09 pm

Lloyd007 wrote:Well, you can leave without canceling it. But getting a new one when you come back becomes a hassle.

I would suggest do it right.

There is a form that you can just tick a box and sign it saying you haven't been working and haven't had to pay any tax. Obviously, if your carnet is category ''worker'' you will definitely need the right tax form. If you are ''Family Resident'', you could get away with it. Let me see if I can find the form... Will let you know.

Yes I would come under the Family Resident category.

Thanks
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:16 pm

Sunat Forms on this website:

http://orientacion.sunat.gob.pe/index.p ... Itemid=539

On the lower part of the page and for those of us paying taxes, there are three forms, but probably only two apply to most people, Formularios 1492 & 1494

If you have NOT made income in Peru but have a CE, you use this form when going through the airport, just tick the boxes and sign, handing it in as you go through the airport/passport control, and off you go:

Formulario 1495:

http://orientacion.sunat.gob.pe/images/ ... rm1495.pdf
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:36 pm

Lloyd007 wrote:Sunat Forms on this website:

http://orientacion.sunat.gob.pe/index.p ... Itemid=539

On the lower part of the page and for those of us paying taxes, there are three forms, but probably only two apply to most people, Formularios 1492 & 1494

If you have NOT made income in Peru but have a CE, you use this form when going through the airport, just tick the boxes and sign, handing it in as you go through the airport/passport control, and off you go:

Formulario 1495:

http://orientacion.sunat.gob.pe/images/ ... rm1495.pdf

the latter Formulario 1495 apples to me, I suppose I would tick the box that says Carnet not Passport correct? & there is no box that says Family Resident? I suppose I would tick the box that says Migrant?

The Migrations website says the letter needs to be notarized is that correct?

Thanks again.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:56 pm

You're right - tick the migrant box.
Forget about notarizing it. Just sign it and hand it in.
At least, that's what I did when I was a ''Family Resident''
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:09 pm

Lloyd007 wrote:You're right - tick the migrant box.
Forget about notarizing it. Just sign it and hand it in.
At least, that's what I did when I was a ''Family Resident''

So you did that without having to cancel your Carnet?
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:26 pm

Lloyd007 wrote:
If you are ''Family Resident'', you could get away with it. Let me see if I can find the form... Will let you know.

Only once I had a problem with the form: last year when I was leaving the country with my son the officer asked me to hand in the tax report or the guarantee letter. I had none of those (and, actually, that was the first time anybody asked me for one), so I told him I didn't know anything about the said form... the officer showed me a copy filed by another foreigner and said that the next time I'm leaving Peru I'll have to fill one in. That was it. Nobody was trying to prevent me from boarding a plane or things like that...

But since you mentioned that there's a contradictory statement on the migraciones site:
https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.ph ... n-el-peru/

Para las calidades migratorias de: Familiar de Residente, Estudiante, Religioso:
– Documento de viaje vigente ( Pasaporte /o cédula de identidad, según corresponda)
– Residencia vigente ( Carné de Extranjería: Prórroga y Tasa Anual de Extranjería al día)
– Tarjeta Andina de Migración

Para las calidades migratorias de; Trabajadores Residentes (WRA), Inversionista (IIA), Rentista (RXA), además de los requisitos generales, deberán presentar:
– Certificado de Rentas y Retenciones. (Formulario N°1492, 1692, 1494, 1495, según corresponda)

Nota:
1- Se encuentran exceptuados de presentar el Certificado de Rentas y Retenciones; los menores de edad, Estudiantes, Religiosos, Inmigrantes, Diplomáticos y Oficiales.
2- Menores de Edad: Deberá presentar la Autorización de Viaje, Judicial o Notarial. La Autorización de viaje expedida en los Consulados en el extranjero, debe ser legalizada por el Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores del Perú.

First, they say that Family Residents have to present only the passport, CE and TAM but then in the list of the exonerated the Familiar de Residente isn't mentioned at all.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:37 pm

mammamia wrote:
Lloyd007 wrote:
If you are ''Family Resident'', you could get away with it. Let me see if I can find the form... Will let you know.

Only once I had a problem with the form: last year when I was leaving the country with my son the officer asked me to hand in the tax report or the guarantee letter. I had none of those (and, actually, that was the first time anybody asked me for one), so I told him I didn't know anything about the said form... the officer showed me a copy filed by another foreigner and said that the next time I'm leaving Peru I'll have to fill one in. That was it. Nobody was trying to prevent me from boarding a plane or things like that...

But since you mentioned that there's a contradictory statement on the migraciones site:

Para las calidades migratorias de: Familiar de Residente, Estudiante, Religioso:
– Documento de viaje vigente ( Pasaporte /o cédula de identidad, según corresponda)
– Residencia vigente ( Carné de Extranjería: Prórroga y Tasa Anual de Extranjería al día)
– Tarjeta Andina de Migración

Para las calidades migratorias de; Trabajadores Residentes (WRA), Inversionista (IIA), Rentista (RXA), además de los requisitos generales, deberán presentar:
– Certificado de Rentas y Retenciones. (Formulario N°1492, 1692, 1494, 1495, según corresponda)

Nota:
1- Se encuentran exceptuados de presentar el Certificado de Rentas y Retenciones; los menores de edad, Estudiantes, Religiosos, Inmigrantes, Diplomáticos y Oficiales.
2- Menores de Edad: Deberá presentar la Autorización de Viaje, Judicial o Notarial. La Autorización de viaje expedida en los Consulados en el extranjero, debe ser legalizada por el Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores del Perú.

First, they say that Family Residents have to present only the passport, CE and TAM but then in the list of the exonerated the Familiar de Residente isn't mentioned at all.

Maybe my best bet is to ask Migrations if the form needs to be notarized or if anything else is needed?
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:30 am

I didn't cancel my carnet because I was coming back within the 6 months and I certainly didn't notarize it. If you're so worried about it, just go and notarize it.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:22 am

chelsearob77 wrote:
Maybe my best bet is to ask Migrations if the form needs to be notarized or if anything else is needed

I have just received this email from Migraciones Contacto:

Buenos días Usted como residente con la calidad migratoria de casado con peruana no necesita ningún documento de la SUNAT .

Le adjunto el link donde se encuentra la información:

Este correo es informativo, favor no responder a esta dirección de correo, ya que no se encuentra habilitada para recibir mensajes

So, looks like you, as a spouse of a Peruvian citizen, won't need to hand in any SUNAT documentation leaving the country.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Lloyd007 wrote:I didn't cancel my carnet because I was coming back within the 6 months and I certainly didn't notarize it. If you're so worried about it, just go and notarize it.

Thats why I want to leave without canceling my Carnet, as it gives me that option to come back within the 6 month period should I need to.

It's not a case of me being worried about it, I just know how awkward the migrations at the airport can be! & I don't want to give them any reasons to try something to stop me from leaving or to try to embezzle money out of me!
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:22 pm

According to the post above, you don't even need the form. Seems legitamite to me.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Lloyd007 wrote:According to the post above, you don't even need the form. Seems legitamite to me.

I've already filled it out & printed & signed it.

I suppose it won't do any harm having it with me just in case they try it on when I'm leaving?
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:10 am

I am going to be leaving Peru permanently with my family for Ireland during the next couple of months, I was looking on the migrations website regarding information as to if my kids (who have Peruvian & British nationality) would require a Peruvian passport to leave Peru? as they only have British passports at present.

I was told that if the child was born in Peru, they have to leave the first time with their Peruvian passport. If they are going out with one parent, they will need a notarized paper of the parent not traveling giving authorization for them to travel.

On all later travels they came in with US and left with the US passport. However the last time they overstayed their visa, to avoid the fee, we just used their Peruvian passport when they left. No one even batted an eye. They did not seem to care about what passport they used coming in. We just filled out a new card as a resident, and we passed through the exit immigration without a problem. Good luck to you!
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:21 pm

captcosmic wrote:I am going to be leaving Peru permanently with my family for Ireland during the next couple of months, I was looking on the migrations website regarding information as to if my kids (who have Peruvian & British nationality) would require a Peruvian passport to leave Peru? as they only have British passports at present.

I was told that if the child was born in Peru, they have to leave the first time with their Peruvian passport. If they are going out with one parent, they will need a notarized paper of the parent not traveling giving authorization for them to travel.

On all later travels they came in with US and left with the US passport. However the last time they overstayed their visa, to avoid the fee, we just used their Peruvian passport when they left. No one even batted an eye. They did not seem to care about what passport they used coming in. We just filled out a new card as a resident, and we passed through the exit immigration without a problem. Good luck to you!

Yes I will be sorting out Peruvian passports for the kids in the coming weeks, that they will leave Peru on.

And they won't require a notarized letter as both me and my wife will be traveling with them. :D
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:40 am

captcosmic wrote:I am going to be leaving Peru permanently with my family for Ireland during the next couple of months, I was looking on the migrations website regarding information as to if my kids (who have Peruvian & British nationality) would require a Peruvian passport to leave Peru? as they only have British passports at present.

I got both the kids Peruvian passports sorted yesterday at the Migrations office at the Ovalo, Miraflores.

We arrived there paid in the bank, waited about 10mins gave the kids D.N.I's for them to take their information from them, got the kids photos taken and was told it take's upto an hour for the passports to be done, so we instead of waiting we went to the local KFC to eat something and the for kids to play while my wife returned to Migrations just before they closed at 3:30pm to collect the kids passports.

Easy :D
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:12 pm

I was at migrations in Brena today doing my Exoneraciòn de la tasa anual de extranjería, it took about an hour but I got the sticker put onto my Carnet there and then :D

I also enquired about me leaving Peru in June without having to cancel my Carnet, I told them I possibly would return to Peru in less than 6 months to collect my stepdaughter to join us in Ireland (as she is staying on here in Peru with her grandmother for a few months until we are settled in Ireland)

They informed me that I would be fine to leave Peru without having to present anything (only my passport and Carnet) and I have 6 months to return to Peru otherwise my Carnet automaticly is canceled!

I will also ask them this via their online service form so I can get an email reply from them also confirming this.

But as it stands I'm good to go without any issues :D
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:25 pm

chelsearob77 wrote:
I was at migrations in Brena today doing my Exoneraciòn de la tasa anual de extranjería, it took about an hour but I got the sticker put onto my Carnet there and then

Do they do the stickers again??? In January I got the slip saying that I paid the tax... no stickers.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:18 pm

mammamia wrote:
chelsearob77 wrote:
I was at migrations in Brena today doing my Exoneraciòn de la tasa anual de extranjería, it took about an hour but I got the sticker put onto my Carnet there and then

Do they do the stickers again??? In January I got the slip saying that I paid the tax... no stickers.

Yes they do, Even opened a new box of them just before they dealt with me.
esteban108

Postby esteban108 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:50 pm

chelsearob77 wrote:I was at migrations in Brena today doing my Exoneraciòn de la tasa anual de extranjería, it took about an hour but I got the sticker put onto my Carnet there and then :D

I also enquired about me leaving Peru in June without having to cancel my Carnet, I told them I possibly would return to Peru in less than 6 months to collect my stepdaughter to join us in Ireland (as she is staying on here in Peru with her grandmother for a few months until we are settled in Ireland)

They informed me that I would be fine to leave Peru without having to present anything (only my passport and Carnet) and I have 6 months to return to Peru otherwise my Carnet automaticly is canceled!

I will also ask them this via their online service form so I can get an email reply from them also confirming this.

But as it stands I'm good to go without any issues :D

Hi, did you left already? How it went? I'm about to leave in 10 days and my Wife is Peruvian.
The only thing I forgot is the Exemption to Tasa Anual that I will go next week to get done.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register