Well, since my last thread was locked, I'm back with a new one.
Thanks to sbaustin for the internet suggestion, chi chi for general tips, and teamoperu for recommending Piura and giving his honest opinion.
My follow-up questions:
- I understand that mobile internet coverage in Tarapoto is not so great, but speeds are decent, given that there is appropriate coverage in the area.
- If I bring my own mobile internet device, could I simply buy a SIM card and pay a month's worth of internet subscription for it to work? Please see pic: http://prntscr.com/66dbhd
- I also understand that most internet service providers have a "fair use policy" that limits your speed after a certain amount of usage. Is anyone aware of an unlimited mobile internet plan without this "fair use" limit? I would be needing to stream videos for hours, for work (about 5gb a day). Please see link: https://olo.com.pe/planes-y-servicios/planes-ilimitados
(i prefer this kind of plan at least 5mbps but without the usage cap)
- Please note that while I'm staying for a relatively long time, I'm still technically a tourist (only with a passport and a foreign driver's license)
- I asked my girl, and she says that the only western fastfood in Tarapoto is Domino's. While I can live solely on pizza, and I'd want to try out Peruvian cuisine (or any food offerings for that matter), it would be nice if there were some other default options in case I don't feel too adventurous on some days.
- As I don't really have a fixed schedule and I'm awake at random times, are there lots of 24 hour places and/or do they deliver?
- Just some additional info: I'm 30, from the Philippines, going to Tarapoto in May for 3 months, to see my girlfriend.
- Please keep this thread on-topic, as the previous one got locked.
Thanks a bunch!