Peru to Bolivia by Bus

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
LJK

Peru to Bolivia by Bus

Postby LJK » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Has anyone had any experience with this?

I know it´s going to be a long busride (28 to 35 hours) but I really don´t want to pay hundreds of dollars to get to Bolivia by airplane.

From one traveler´s account, it sounds like Juno to La Paz may be the best route.

If anyone could share their experiences with me, or recommend a reputable bus company for this route, I would appreciate it very much.

danjaker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peru to Bolivia by Bus

Postby danjaker » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:46 pm

I have from La Paz to Cusco in the past.. pretty average, nice scenery, boring... not much to say really. I would suggest just flying though. - Cruz del Sur is the most common bus company, but any is fine really.
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:50 pm

Before I cam to Peru I saw a documentary on Nat Geo channel, Most Dangerous roads in the World. If I recall correctly a road from Bolivia to Peru was featured in one of the episodes. Since then I have vowed to use air travel only, even tough the air travel prices are ridiculously expensive. They need a budget airline in Peru!

Also note that Peruvian (and perhaps Bolivian) buses are not made for tall people.
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:38 pm

i see a lot of Cusco- La Paz bus routes. they charge 55 usd one way, and it's an 11 hour trip. are you in Cusco?
http://www.perucusco.com/bus-la-paz-pun ... abana.html
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
Niko

Postby Niko » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:28 pm

An alternative could be a flight from Lima to Juliaca, Avianca has sometimes good promotions (only for residents) for around 50$ one way (which is cheaper than the bus). Then take a bus to Copacabana or La Paz. Prices start at 20 soles from Puno. From Cuzco there is a bolivian bus company called translitoral which takes you to La Paz directly. It takes 13 hours and costs around 80 soles.
danjaker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby danjaker » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:25 pm

FDih - The most dangerous road in the world is in Bolivia, it does not go to Peru, its only driven by a handful of truckers and biking outfits, (ive been on it) he would never be on a bus on that road.
JanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby JanD » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register