Where to buy electronic components here in lima?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
leosmutter

Where to buy electronic components here in lima?

Postby leosmutter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a place to find electronic components. Not Radioshack-stuff. I need resistors, capacitors, voltage regulators and things like this. Does anybody know a good place?

Regards,
Leo

randomperson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Where to buy electronic components here in lima?

Postby randomperson » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:38 am

Those types of electronic components can be found in several stores on a street called Jiron Paruro in the Cercado de Lima-area here is a link to Digitronic, located of the 1300 blk of that street:

http://www.digitronik.pe/catalogo/compo ... ectronicos
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:40 pm

SODIMAC

HOMECENTER (MAESTRO)
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Close to Miraflores
- The shop is called 'Electronica' in Jirón Dante 708, Surquillo. Thats like 2 blocks to the right from the Via Expresa into Av Angamos going east.

- Also many shops around Calle Central and Petit Thouars. It is where in Av Arequipa there is a grifo. They are also specialized in installation electronics, better than Sodimac or Maestro.
leosmutter

Postby leosmutter » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:09 am

@randomperson

thank you, that looks really promising.

@Chi chi

Sodimac or Maestro are not the places to go. I was asking for electronics like when you open your led-tv and look on the pcb.
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby craig » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:40 pm

fanning wrote:Also many shops around Calle Central and Petit Thouars. It is where in Av Arequipa there is a grifo.

On a nostalgic note...

Fifty years ago, when I was a teen, there was one electronics shop there on Petit Thouars. It was one of two places in Lima where I could get parts. The shop was still there, with the same original sign over to door from 50 years ago, until a few years ago. However, it only offered a pale imitation of selection of parts I was able to get there as a boy. Only recently was the sign taken down and the store closed.

All the other electronics stores now in that same block of Petit Thouars (and nearby streets) must have been attracted to the area by that original store in the intervening years.
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register