Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
User avatar
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Contact:

Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:03 am

Is Touring Club Driving Test Centre in Conchán open on Saturdays?

As I am hoping to go there tomorrow to take my driving test, Also is there a bank outlet there which handles the payments for the tests? (I paid for and already done the written test) and is it true that to take the driving test I would have to go with my own car or hire one from or near the test centre?


Thanks

Rob


Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 am
Location: Sol de La Molina, Lima

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby Danny55 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:31 pm

Rob,

You can hire cars there for 30 soles - the whole process is actually well organised for renting the cars.

Regarding payments - I think you will find that the cost for the written test also covers the practical test.
I did mine last year so my memory is a little fuzzy.

One thing - take foots for the brevete and all the paperwork - that way you can pick up the brevete there and then - bcs you are not in RENIEC then they do not have copies of your picture. I ended up having to go to Lince and queue again the following day just to collect the brevete.

The website says yes for saturdays - see details :
http://www.touringperu.com.pe/centro_ex ... ncion.html

Good luck
Dan
User avatar
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:06 pm

Danny55 wrote:Rob,

You can hire cars there for 30 soles - the whole process is actually well organised for renting the cars.

Regarding payments - I think you will find that the cost for the written test also covers the practical test.
I did mine last year so my memory is a little fuzzy.

One thing - take foots for the brevete and all the paperwork - that way you can pick up the brevete there and then - bcs you are not in RENIEC then they do not have copies of your picture. I ended up having to go to Lince and queue again the following day just to collect the brevete.

The website says yes for saturdays - see details :
http://www.touringperu.com.pe/centro_ex ... ncion.html

Good luck
Dan


So I can rent a car there to do the test good.

I already have my certificate that states I've done the written test, So I will still need to pay S/. 38.20 to do my driving test. (is there anywhere I can pay there?)

So I will take with me my carnet, medical exam certificate, my written exam certificate, the notarized letter confirming my address (as carnets don't have the address of the carnet holder on them, so this letter is required to prove your address) my certificate of studies. (in my case I have a certificate that shows I completed a computer course here in Lima issued by IDAT)

Anything else?

So they don't have my picture on their system? well if I don't have photos & I do happen to pass my test (as it is not guaranteed I will) I actually live about an 5mins walk from the touring club in Lince, So if I do happen to pass tomorrow (the parallel parking is what might fail me in my opinion) I can always go along to the touring club there, (My wife collected her licence there last week & only had to wait 35mins)
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 am
Location: Sol de La Molina, Lima

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby Danny55 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:21 pm

I thought the payment was 24.50. There may have been two payments - as I say it was last year and the exact payments I forget.
Depósito original del Banco de la Nación Cta. 01600 por el importe de S/. 24.50 (Derecho de Emisión de Licencia de Conducir). Tributo al MTC.
http://www.touringperu.com.pe/centro_ex ... ncion.html

As I recall to take the written test you already had to provide proof of secondary education so that should not be necessary.
User avatar
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:30 pm

Danny55 wrote:I thought the payment was 24.50. There may have been two payments - as I say it was last year and the exact payments I forget.
Depósito original del Banco de la Nación Cta. 01600 por el importe de S/. 24.50 (Derecho de Emisión de Licencia de Conducir). Tributo al MTC.
http://www.touringperu.com.pe/centro_ex ... ncion.html

As I recall to take the written test you already had to provide proof of secondary education so that should not be necessary.


The S/. 24.50 is what you pay to get the licence issued when you have passed the actual driving test, for me to take the test tomorrow I will need to pay S/. 38.20 (somehow) as I already have my certificate to say I've passed the written test.

Well tomorrow I will bring with me all documents I mentioned.
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 am
Location: Sol de La Molina, Lima

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby Danny55 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:04 pm

I believe I paid the 24.50 before taking the test.

There are plenty of videos on youtube if you want to memorise the circuit / routes.
User avatar
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Danny55 wrote:I believe I paid the 24.50 before taking the test.

There are plenty of videos on youtube if you want to memorise the circuit / routes.


Thanks I just watched & downloaded 3 videos from there which will come in handy.

in one of the demonstration videos the person parallel parked their car worse than I do!

So there's hope for me yet :D
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby panman » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:49 am

Just curious.

Why would someone who is, as mentioned in another thread, "going to be leaving Peru permanently" go to the trouble of getting a Peruvian Drivers license when, if you already have a UK license you might be asked to revoke it?
User avatar
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby chelsearob77 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:29 pm

panman wrote:Just curious.

Why would someone who is, as mentioned in another thread, "going to be leaving Peru permanently" go to the trouble of getting a Peruvian Drivers license when, if you already have a UK license you might be asked to revoke it?


I don't hold a UK driving licence.

If I was to have a Peruvian driving licence I would be allowed to drive in Ireland on that for up to 12 months, then after that I would need to take a driving test in Ireland.

https://www.ndls.ie/holders-of-foreign-licences.html#holders-of-driving-licences-from-other-countries
User avatar
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Lima

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby fanning » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:16 pm

chelsearob77 wrote:I don't hold a UK driving licence.

If I was to have a Peruvian driving licence I would be allowed to drive in Ireland on that for up to 12 months, then after that I would need to take a driving test in Ireland.

https://www.ndls.ie/holders-of-foreign-licences.html#holders-of-driving-licences-from-other-countries


Just checking the rules in the Netherlands. There you can drive up to 6 months with a non-EU license ONLY if you got it at least 185 days before you left the country where you got that license. So what you are trying to do would not be allowed in Holland. And rules around the EU seem to be kind of similar. I would check it out a bit better, instead of trusting a flyer on a website..
User avatar
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby chelsearob77 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:54 pm

fanning wrote:
chelsearob77 wrote:I don't hold a UK driving licence.

If I was to have a Peruvian driving licence I would be allowed to drive in Ireland on that for up to 12 months, then after that I would need to take a driving test in Ireland.

https://www.ndls.ie/holders-of-foreign-licences.html#holders-of-driving-licences-from-other-countries


Just checking the rules in the Netherlands. There you can drive up to 6 months with a non-EU license ONLY if you got it at least 185 days before you left the country where you got that license. So what you are trying to do would not be allowed in Holland. And rules around the EU seem to be kind of similar. I would check it out a bit better, instead of trusting a flyer on a website..


The link I supplied (NDLS) is the official site for driving licence in Ireland.

On NDLS's website it has this for holders of driving licences-from other countries issued by non recognised states:

If you are not from any of the above countries, (for example The United States), and you hold a national driving licence or an international driving permit from your own country, you may drive in Ireland for the duration of your temporary visit (up to 12 months).

If your stay in Ireland will be more than 12 months you can apply for an Irish driving licence but you will need to go through the full driver licensing procedure. You must first pass a driver theory test , apply for a learner permit, complete a course of Essential Driver Training(EDT) and pass your driving test in Ireland. If you pass your driving test, you can then apply for a full Irish driving licence.


According to the rules in Holland it states: Your current driving licence, if issued in a country outside the EU, was issued after being a resident of that country for at least 185 days.
User avatar
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby chelsearob77 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:56 pm

chelsearob77 wrote:
fanning wrote:
chelsearob77 wrote:I don't hold a UK driving licence.

If I was to have a Peruvian driving licence I would be allowed to drive in Ireland on that for up to 12 months, then after that I would need to take a driving test in Ireland.

https://www.ndls.ie/holders-of-foreign-licences.html#holders-of-driving-licences-from-other-countries


Just checking the rules in the Netherlands. There you can drive up to 6 months with a non-EU license ONLY if you got it at least 185 days before you left the country where you got that license. So what you are trying to do would not be allowed in Holland. And rules around the EU seem to be kind of similar. I would check it out a bit better, instead of trusting a flyer on a website..


The link I supplied (NDLS) is the official site for driving licence in Ireland.

On NDLS's website it has this for holders of driving licences-from other countries issued by non recognised states:

If you are not from any of the above countries, (for example The United States), and you hold a national driving licence or an international driving permit from your own country, you may drive in Ireland for the duration of your temporary visit (up to 12 months).

If your stay in Ireland will be more than 12 months you can apply for an Irish driving licence but you will need to go through the full driver licensing procedure. You must first pass a driver theory test , apply for a learner permit, complete a course of Essential Driver Training(EDT) and pass your driving test in Ireland. If you pass your driving test, you can then apply for a full Irish driving licence.


According to the rules in Holland it states:

If you have a valid driving licence that was issued outside one of the countries of the EU or the EFTA, or in the Netherlands Antilles or Aruba, then you can use it for another 185 days after becoming a resident in the Netherlands. During that period you must obtain a Dutch driving licence.
Your current driving licence, if issued in a country outside the EU, was issued after being a resident of that country for at least 185 days.
User avatar
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Lima

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby fanning » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Well according to that website you can only use a foreign license if it is of 'your country' So reading that, it wouldn't apply to you, as Peru isn't 'your country' it doesn't state that it applies to being a resident of the country you hold the license, but it basically states you must be a citizen of Peru, to use a Peruvian license in Ireland..
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby panman » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Unless you are going to buy a car, be careful if you plan to try and hire a vehicle. Most, if not all hire companies will not accept new drivers.
https://www.irishcarrentals.com/booking/faq_index.php
GEORGEHARDY22
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: Touring Club Driving Test Centre Open on Saturdays?

Postby GEORGEHARDY22 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:02 pm

fanning wrote:
chelsearob77 wrote:I don't hold a UK driving licence.

If I was to have a Peruvian driving licence I would be allowed to drive in Ireland on that for up to 12 months, then after that I would need to take a driving test in Ireland.

https://www.ndls.ie/holders-of-foreign-licences.html#holders-of-driving-licences-from-other-countries


Just checking the rules in the Netherlands. There you can drive up to 6 months with a non-EU license ONLY if you got it at least 185 days before you left the country where you got that license. So what you are trying to do would not be allowed in Holland. And rules around the EU seem to be kind of similar. I would check it out a bit better, instead of trusting a flyer on a website..

HELLO YES TOURING CLUB OF PERU IS OPEN SATERDAYS AND SUNDAYS AS WELL...! I JUST RECIEVED MY PERUVIAN LICENSE I STILL ALSO HOLD MY CONNECTICUT USA DRIVERS LICENSE TOO..!, THE TEST IS NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS IN YOU TUBE, THE TECHNICAL REFERENCE POINTS FOR PARKING PARALELO & DIAGINAL PARKING, THESE TWO I WOULD STUDY VERY VERY WELL, BECAUSE THIS IS THE HARDEST PART OF THE TEST....!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register