Leaving Peru with a CE rentista

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
JanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Leaving Peru with a CE rentista

Postby JanD » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:13 pm

I'm living here with a Rentista status and going to The Netherlands for two months.
What is the best thing to do?
Leave Peru on my CE Rentista or on my Dutch passport?
And before leaving Peru do I have to do some paperwork for DIGEMIN or other official institutions?
Thanks again!

mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leaving Peru with a CE rentista

Postby mammamia » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 pm

If you leave Peru as a tourist (on your passport) you'll most probably lose your resident status and when you come back you'll have to re-apply for your rentista visa. Leaving as a resident, you are required to hand in a tax form from SUNAT or a guarantee letter certifying that you were not involved in any lucrative activity during your stay in the country.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:35 pm

You leave with your Dutch passport, as you are only Dutch. You leave with a new TAM https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php/obtenga-su-tam and you need your CE only to show on your return trip so they won't bother you with the return trip requirement, and the moment you pass immigration in Lima, you show it and the TAM copy, so you enter Peru again as a resident and not a tourist.
You residency should be all OK, no missing Prorrogas or Tasa payments missing.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:25 pm

To be able to leave with only his passport he'll need the TAM with the entry stamp on it which he had given in to DIGEMIN when they issued his CE. To simply download, print and fill it in is not enough.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:37 am

mammamia wrote:To be able to leave with only his passport he'll need the TAM with the entry stamp on it which he had given in to DIGEMIN when they issued his CE. To simply download, print and fill it in is not enough.

As you say, the TAM he handed already in to Digemin when he got his CE. So while in Peru as a resident he don't have a TAM, just like any Peruvian. Only when travelling abroad, you fill one out, which you return upon returning to Peru.

The (Dutch) passport should get stamped with the code of your CE when returning to Peru, not with a number like 90, or 183, as that is for a tourist visa.
JanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby JanD » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Thank you all for your valuable information and advise!

I downloaded a TAM which I will fill in and present together with my passport and CE to Peruvian Customs when leaving Peru.
When returning to Peru, I will present my passport and CE and check that Peruvian Customs enter the CE number in my passport.....
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:12 pm

JanD wrote:Thank you all for your valuable information and advise!

I downloaded a TAM which I will fill in and present together with my passport and CE to Peruvian Customs when leaving Peru.
When returning to Peru, I will present my passport and CE and check that Peruvian Customs enter the CE number in my passport.....

Jan you must keep the TAM with your passport and present it on your return. You will be offered a form on the flight, but it is not necessary to complete this.
JanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby JanD » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:02 am

Tks for the correction Adrian!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register