URGENT BLOOD DONATION NEEDED

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
DC_20833
Gold Member
Gold Member

URGENT BLOOD DONATION NEEDED

Postby DC_20833 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:40 pm

There is a six year old girl who has Leukemia at Clinica Anglo Americana in ICU who needs Blood so she can start Chemo Therapy. The Blood Bank is in the Tower in the Basement at Clinica Anglo Americana. Here is her information so the Blood goes directly to her. This COSTS you nothing and could mean a lot in this young girl's life.

Patient Name - Luciana Marin Quispe

Help out if you can. Call me at 947-180-178 if you have questions

craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: URGENT BLOOD DONATION NEEDED

Postby craig » Mon May 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Blood type?
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson
DC_20833
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby DC_20833 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:01 pm

O positive but you can be from any positive group to donate.
DC_20833
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby DC_20833 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:05 am

If you are interested in donating blood for this child please call Maria Rameriz at 976-360-803 here is the information directly from the Red Cross website on the different blood types and who can donate to who. http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types
DC_20833
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby DC_20833 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:27 am

Hi Everybody,

The Child is still alive but in very critical condition at Anglo Americana the family would appreciate blood donations because the child is going to need a series of Chemo Therapy. To donate simply go to the Blood Bank at Clinica Anglo Americana. You need to DESIGNATE the blood for the following person:

Luciana Marin Quispe

If you have never donated blood before it is quite simple you will first complete a form and you need to ONE of the following:

Passport
Carnesta
DNI

Once you complete the form a small sample will be taken so they can test it that takes about 15 minutes. Then you will go into a room and actually donate the blood it takes around 5 minutes you just squeeze your hand back and fourth. Then you rest for 5 minutes and LEAVE. You should bring something sweet to eat like some candy or a juice to give you energy. The technician there is good the needle going in felt like a light bee sting. YOU MUST BE 65 YEARS OR YOUNGER TO DONATE, NEVER HAVE CONTRACTED HEPATITIS, NOT HAVE DIABETES, OR A CANCER HISTORY.

I truly appreciate your assistance. Once we are over this crisis I am going to work on assembling a list of eligible donors and then see if there is any interest in doing a Blood Drive. The problem here in Peru is most Peruvians here have contracted Hepatitis at some point in their life and that makes them not eligible to donate.
DC_20833
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby DC_20833 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:39 pm

The Host of this Board Sr. Alan La Rue has stepped forward to give this young girl a second chance at life. Who is next? ONE MORE PERSON......
JanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby JanD » Wed May 20, 2015 8:02 am

I'm so sorry that I'm at the moment in The Netherlands, otherwise I certainly would have donated!
But I hope a lot of members step forward to help this girl!
DC_20833
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby DC_20833 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:20 pm

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY the little girl is improving and has gotten the blood she needs to start her Chemo-Therapy. The Blood Bank at Anglo Americana told me a lot of foreigners who heard about this on Expat Peru donated blood even after they had enough for the little girl. Blood from the Blood Bank and Anglo Americana is only used for necessary operations not elective. Thank you, everyone. I am proud of each and everyone of you. Please keep this little girl in your prayers she has a long way to go.
DC_20833
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby DC_20833 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:29 pm

First I want to thank everybody for donating blood Luciana this does not have a happy ending. She passed away about a week ago. The Lady that asked me to donate the blood came by and told me the bad news. I know many of you helped out but sometimes things just do not work out. I told her Mom she was a fighter and that Luciana was and she is now in a better place.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register