Visa Familiar Residente for "convivientes"

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
asp

Visa Familiar Residente for "convivientes"

Postby asp » Thu May 21, 2015 9:06 am

I have meet a couple of foreigners living in Peru who say that they qualified for the "Familiar Residente" Visa without being married. They lived with and continue to live with their partners.

In Peru, this is referred to as "convivientes" and is quite common amongst Peruvians. I know several people whose parents never married.

Anyone have any details on this? What documents would be needed to proof that my girlfriend and I have been living together?

asp

Re: Visa Familiar Residente for "convivientes"

Postby asp » Thu May 21, 2015 11:01 am

Well, I have spend a bit more time searching and familiarizing myself with this subject.

"Any day now" Migrations will approve a new TUPA, which outlines their administrative procedures. Supposedly, those new procedures will allow convivientes to regularize their migratory situation.

https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.ph ... l-usuario/
TShadow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby TShadow » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:03 am

Today the aproved the new law 'Union solidario' which seems to exclude the possibility of a visa for "Familiar Residente".

Peru is one the few countries with does not implement a "Union Civil" law which would have given such a possibility.

My friend is a lawyer, will ask him on occasion about this matter.

The new TUPA will only eliminate some certificates and should (that's the theory as usually in Peru) speed up many procedures like e.g. the notarized declaration from your spouse, which will not be any longer necessary.
asp

Postby asp » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:13 am

TShadow wrote:Today the approved the new law 'Union solidario' ..

This appears to have more to do with pensions then with migration rules.

http://peru21.pe/politica/union-solidar ... to-2220588

I think we are still waiting for changes to the migration TUPA.
TShadow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby TShadow » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:36 am

The next TUPA will be issued in January 2016 and will only contain administrative procedures.

From what I heard there are no intentions to change the actual situation concerning the possibility for a foreigner to get a VISA for "convivientes".

As already stated it's only about civil rights for pensions, property, emergency health decisions. etc.

I doubt it very strongly that migration laws will change with the actual government. They already lost their schedule as in 2013 a project was issued which gave the government 9 months time to form a commission to present their proposals for the new migration law which should have been discussed in the parliament. Nothing has been done.
asp

Postby asp » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:38 am

Well, as my original post indicated, I have been told that there are foreigners in Peru with a "Familiar Residente" visa without being married. They "convivir" with their partner.

Was that an old rule that no longer applies?
TShadow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby TShadow » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:06 pm

For whatever reason they qualified for a visa, there has been never a rule, that "convivientes" can have a family visa. My friend a lawyer who is very specialized in this matters said so when we talked the other day.

http://peru21.pe/actualidad/extranjeros-atrapados-leyes-que-desintegran-sus-familias-2216386

The law is quite clear in this matter, all types of possible Visas can be seen here:

https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php/cambio-de-calidad-migratoria/

I also was interested in this possibility as I'm living already 3 years together with a Peruvian woman and I lately have taken all the information I could get, but there seems no chance.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register