Carnet de Extranjeria

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
simperu2012
Gold Member
Gold Member

Carnet de Extranjeria

Postby simperu2012 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:02 pm

Hello everyone,

Just wondering the time it would take to get my carnet de extranjeria. I'm married to a Peruvian citizen. I was reviewing the information on this site, but I'd like to know if anyone has done this process recently.

Thanks

Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Carnet de Extranjeria

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:57 am

I also got it through marriage. I started the process on March 17th 2015 (in Lima) and it was finalizado on April 8th 2015. Once it's finalizado you can pick it up that day.
alongwayfromgeorgia

Postby alongwayfromgeorgia » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:58 pm

From the time I turned in all of my paperwork at immigration, to the time my process was finalized and ready for pick up was 6 business days... however, my wife turned her paperwork in on the same day and it took 4 weeks. So, I don't know that there is much of a "standard". Expect to wait a minimum of a month and you will probably be good.
-----
Joseph
From the U.S.
Lived in Peru since August, 2014.
JJG1133
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby JJG1133 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:37 pm

As far as the time it takes everything else in Peru, that is really quick... Good to know!
TonyLeslie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby TonyLeslie » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Actually the easiest way and in my opinion, the best advice if you are in Lima, is to go directly to Migraciones in Breña, go to the information desk and ask for and get all the information you require. They should also give you all the details you will need for your trip to Interpol as well. Getting the information and doing something about it immediately is your preference. One of the problems you may find about the information here on this site (and possibly the Migracione website) is that there is currently a lot of updating and streamlining going on at Migraciones and the information available here may well be getting out of date. You end up getting confused and uptight only to find the new system at Migraciones is easier and more helpful that you may think. There are a number of staff at Migraciones who have english who can help you understand as well.
alongwayfromgeorgia

Postby alongwayfromgeorgia » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:22 am

From the time I turned my paperwork in to the time I picked it up was 6 days. However, my wife turned in all of her paperwork at the exact same time and hers was not ready for 5 weeks.

The time consuming part is the paperwork!
-----
Joseph
From the U.S.
Lived in Peru since August, 2014.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register