registering new passport with DIGEMIN

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

registering new passport with DIGEMIN

Postby agantuk » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:18 pm

i just had to renew my passport and my embassy asked me to register this new passport with DIGEMIN. according to this official advisory *all foreigners are required to pay the requisite fees and get the immigration entry stamp affixed on the new passport BEFORE their departure from Peru*.

has anyone gone through this process? i cannot find anything on the DIGEMIN website or on this forum.

thank you :D

sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: registering new passport with DIGEMIN

Postby sbaustin » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:57 pm

I did this like 8 years ago. You need to go there and talk to them, take both your passports and I believe I had to have a letter from the embassy.. It wasn't overly complicated but I'm short on memory.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:02 pm

It's done in three steps:
1.- traslado de sellos
2.- cambio de datos
3.- duplicado de carne.

Three different tramites.
Nemoshark
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Nemoshark » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Can somebody please tell me if this can be done at the airport on the day of departure? or if I would need to go do this at the immigration department ahead of time?

Thanks,
Natalie
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:40 pm

Nemoshark wrote:Can somebody please tell me if this can be done at the airport on the day of departure? or if I would need to go do this at the immigration department ahead of time?

Thanks,
Natalie

If you mean these 3 procedures - NO. As far as I know, the only tramite available at the migraciones at the airport is the issuance of passports for Peruvian citizens.
TonyLeslie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby TonyLeslie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Don't know if this is exactly what your asking for, but I had to register my new passport today (4th Sept) and I will need to get a new Carnet issued as well. I do not know if you have a Carnet or not, but if you do, then the number on your new passport will not be the same as the passport number on your older Carnet. If you do not have a carnet, then the procedure may change slightly, but not much, because, except for using my carnet for entry and confirming the old passport number on their information screen, it wasn't required.

The procedure is quite quick and painless if you do this at Migraciones in Breña.

You will need your new passport and a copy, your carnet (if you have one), form F002, (available just inside the front entrance) and a Banco de la Nacion receipt for $/19.40. (nuevo soles)

Go to the information desk first. With the new system this is where you will normally need your carnet or Passport for ID. A person will be in attendance with a personal screen. Entry to The Information Desk is by showing your Carnet/PP and they will issue you a ticket with a number, then just watch the screen. Once called, explain to them your situation and you can ask, or they will decide to give you, an instruction sheet for a "traslado de sellos".

This has three instructions. 1. your new passport and a copy 2. form F002 and 3. Bank Receipt.

The form F002 has a spot about third from the top to mark "traslado" the rest of the information is basic, name, address, etc.

Go to the Banco de la Nacion and show them your instruction sheet and pay. Get a copy of your PP if you haven't done it by now.

Go to the steps where you go up to the third floor and you will see another person with a personal screen where you need to show your Carnet/PP and instruction sheet again to proceed. You will get a ticket with a code and a number. Go to the third floor and they will direct you where to wait. Watch the screen for your number. There is also a person there to help you if needed. Once called give all your information to the person at the desk, do the finger ID and they will tell you to wait again. When the backroom staff have done their bit, your passport will come back and they will call your name. You will have a new stamp on the back page.

Accepting that I always get to Migrations early (7.45 - 8.15 am) because there is hardly anyone there at that time, the whole procedure took me about thirty minutes and about 12 minutes of that was waiting for my passport to come back. This also included doing the bank and writing out the form.

If you do have a Carnet, then getting a new one issued is a different procedure, but at this point, they do not take it from you because your carnet number is now written on the new stamp in your PP. It will need to be replaced at the next time of renewal.

Hope this helps if you haven't already done it by now.
bgreenman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby bgreenman » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:25 am

This has already been said, but here are the links to the actual Migraciones website with the directions:

1. Traslado de Sello
(Getting the Peruvian entry stamp in the new passport):

This is the process if you are a tourist in Peru -- https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php/traslado-de-sello-de-ingreso-a-documento-de-viaje-nuevo-para-extranjeros/

If you are a tourist, then this is the only step you need to take, but if you are a Peruvian resident, then you need to follow the steps below.

This is the process for Traslado de Sello if you are a resident in Peru
-- https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php/traslado-de-sellos-residentes-e-inmigrantes/

2. Modificacion de Datos (Now that you have a new passport number, you have to update that information in their database): https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php/modificacion-de-datos-en-la-ficha-de-inscripcion-del-rce/

3. Duplicado de Carne de Extranjeria
(You need to get a new CE that has your updated passport number on it): https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php/duplicado-de-carne-de-extranjeria/

I hope this helps.
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby agantuk » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:45 pm

i just did this today and i only had to do the *traslado de sello* process. the officials did not ask me to do the other two (*cambiar de datos* and *duplicado de carnet*). i asked about *duplicado de carnet* and they said that it was up to me if i wanted to update my carnet (to show the new passport number) but they don't require it - the information has been changed in their system and that is all that is necessary.

as a FYI, they signed me up to an online system (see here: https://sel.migraciones.gob.pe/sel/accesopublico) that seems to suggest that the next tasa anual payment (and exonaracion) process might be possible online. that would be great :D

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register