Overstay question

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
danjaker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Overstay question

Postby danjaker » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:08 am

Ok, a while back I overstayed, almost a year. Anyway, left came back in, got the salido de excesso stamp, no big deal. Ive been out of Peru in a neighboring country for about 7 months or so. (im a resident here so no big deal, also my passport is a US passport) Now, In march I have to renew my passport, the 10 year expires, should I have any issue getting 183 coming back in soley because of that stamp, or no.. just trying to figure out wether to get it renewed here, go in fresh, or get it renewed in Lima, which would be cheaper for me.

adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Overstay question

Postby adrian Thorne » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:24 am

I am sure you nwill receive plenty of advise, but just to clarify. If you were a resident in Peru, possibly holding a CE, this will now have expired and no longer valid to cross the border in to the country. As long as you have a full six months left on your passport you will not have a problem coming in to Peru, but anything less would be an issue. In this case senario I would suggest renewal prior to entering.
danjaker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby danjaker » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:34 am

Im not a resident of Peru, I am of a neighboring country. Yea, well, should be about 6 months left free.. jaja
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:42 am

They're getting stricter at border controls. I definitely think you'd have a big problem getting in if there's less than six months on your passport. As you appear to have just over six months, you might be okay, but it would be interesting to hear if you have any hassle.
Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Polaron » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:53 pm

I overstayed a few years ago by 18 months. I paid a reduced fine and had no trouble getting back in with the same passport I had back then.
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
amymarie

Postby amymarie » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:13 am

Polaron wrote:I overstayed a few years ago by 18 months. I paid a reduced fine and had no trouble getting back in with the same passport I had back then.

How did you manage to get a reduced fine? I had to pay the entire fine for overstaying 2 1/2 years (I am married to a Peruvian).
danjaker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby danjaker » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:48 am

Yea, was no problem, even with overstay by a year and multiple entries, i still got 183. And may passport isnt even valid for 183 more days hahaha
Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Polaron » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:48 pm

[qu. the woman manning the boss looked at me in surprise and then just startephoneote="amymarie"]
Polaron wrote:I overstayed a few years ago by 18 months. I paid a reduced fine and had no trouble getting back in with the same passport I had back then.

How did you manage to get a reduced fine? I had to pay the entire fine for overstaying 2 1/2 years (I am married to a Peruvian).[/quote]

you are going to find this hard to believe but I decided to take a humorous approach I walked up to the booth the exit booth and I said in a loud voice where everyone could hear me in Spanish is this the booth for briBes
the woman staffing the booth look at me and then started lau almost 50%ghing. I explained that I had let my permission run out and asked if there was anything we could do because the amount of the fine was so high so she went and talked to the manager and they were able to reduce it by almost 50%
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
mananee

Postby mananee » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:11 am

i still got 183. And may passport isnt even valid for 183 more days hahaha.
เล่น gclub
RyanJ2912

Postby RyanJ2912 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:43 pm

$1/day. Right?

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register