Saving your guests 10% hotel tax

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Saving your guests 10% hotel tax

Postby teamoperu » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:00 am

Do I have this right? When we have foreign guests wanting us to tour them around the sites :) when they stay at a hotel and have a Tarjeta Andina showing they are here less than 60 days the hotel can reduce the charge by 10% because the hotel doesn't have to collect and submit this tax?

fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Saving your guests 10% hotel tax

Postby fanning » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:45 am

Its 18%, it is the IGV a tourist don't have to pay.
But most hotels have this anticipated, just look at booking.com, to any hotel. There in the fine print it tells you that if you DON'T show your TAM and passport with less than 60 days, you will be charged 18% extra ( the IGV )
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:58 am

Interesting. Thanks! In the north here it is not so much a SOP to do this, at least I am referring to the more modest hotels with few foreign guests. Can I ask, can you refer me to a link where I can print out a page to show to the hotel should there be a discussion?
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:24 am

Hotels that are not registered in Sunat as an 'Exportador de Servicios' are not allowed to bill without IGV to tourists. So if you happen to be in a hotel that don't practice this, it won't even be possible. Also small hotels are likely to be in the RUS regimen, and they only emit Boleta de Venta, without IGV.
A link with all the information well hidden, would be http://www.sunat.gob.pe
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:31 am

Thanks. I should have known it wouldn't be simple, it has to b complicated in Peru :) :) I need to know if a hotel is Exportador de Servicios or in the RUS regimen or RUC ooofff

You are right it must be well hidden on the SUNAT site, I have yet to find any reference to this there, but onward and upward....

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register