How long is the process for getting a work visa?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
sublimeperu
Silver Member
Silver Member

How long is the process for getting a work visa?

Postby sublimeperu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 am

I have an English school who are willing to sponser me even though i don't have any formal teaching qualifications which is great! With all these changes coming on January the 1st to the immigration laws, do you think this process can be done in time? I've heard varying things about the length of time it takes in total! Also, I do wonder without any qualifications how the school will justify employing me over a Peruvian (consdiering they already have peruvians working there) or if a working visa application can ever be turned down for that reason? Desperate for this all to work out as my boyfriend is here and I'm not ready to leave. I love Peru!

sublimeperu
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: How long is the process for getting a work visa?

Postby sublimeperu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:19 am

I realise that my spelling and grammar are terrible in this by the way!
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:44 am

Getting all the paperwork done before initial application can take 4 weeks (Labor can take a while). Don't forget the permission to sign before you apply. Also, getting the Interpol process started before you file (week before) is recommended. With me the application was approved in 16 days.
sublimeperu
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby sublimeperu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:23 pm

So it took you about a month and a half in total? I'm hearing a mixture of things. I heard today from someone that applied for a work visa 7 years ago that because he didnt have a degree or official qualifications that they require additional references from previous employers. That was 7 years ago though and people have told the process is easier. Do you know if that still exists? I am in the same position and chose not to go to uni!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register