Question: how to do Prorroga Residencial when your Peruvian Spouse will not be in Peru?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Question: how to do Prorroga Residencial when your Peruvian Spouse will not be in Peru?

Postby marlia » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:57 pm

Hello all,

my Husband (Peruvian) will be out of Peru around 6 months, what should I prepare when I need to do my Prorroga Residencial? because one of the requirements is:

- Declaración Jurada de quien solicitó la visa de residencia, dejando constar la vigencia del vínculo familiar con el extranjero y que su residencia es el Perú

He will leave his DNI card at home.

Thank you.

mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Question: how to do Prorroga Residencial when your Peruvian Spouse will not be in Peru?

Postby mammamia » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:13 pm

He'll need to sign the letter before the notary so that the latter can certify his signature. He should do it before he leaves, I'm not sure though how long this letter will be valid for, 3 months, I suppose. If he can't do it in Peru, then he can try to notarize it in a Peruvian consulate abroad and send it to you when you need it.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Question: how to do Prorroga Residencial when your Peruvian Spouse will not be in Peru?

Postby marlia » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:39 pm

Hello Mammamia,

thank you for your reply. By any chance, do you know what will be the consequences when we are late to do Prorroga Residencial?
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:48 am

marlia wrote:Hello Mammamia,

thank you for your reply. By any chance, do you know what will be the consequences when we are late to do Prorroga Residencial?

Depends on how late you are: if it's a couple of months, only a fine, I suppose. If a year or longer, could be worse, you might be stripped of a residence status.

I suggest that you contact the Migraciones by email explaining your situation. I always do and they reply within 2-3 business days. Here's the link:

https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.ph ... gerencias/
gringo from uk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringo from uk » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi.

I am going to migration office tomorrow.
If Your husband is going away , there is no problem, just go with him to notary before so he can sign the DECLARACION JURADA and give his fingerprints on the document.
Please make also copys from his DNI and this is all you need from him. His presence is not required at the migracion office.
gringo from uk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringo from uk » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:05 pm

About being late with Your prorroga. Don't get stressed please, but this is not good.
It happened to me 6 years ago. I had to ho out of country and come back again. So I went to Bolivia and next day game back . This was long time ago and now perhaps the migration office have different rules. Have to admit ,6 years ago the migration office was a mad house. Now is quiet okey. You make You appointment by internet and the whole process is more human.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Hello Gringo from UK,
Thank you for your reply. Question: there is a date on the Declaration Jurada when the document is signed. If my Husband signs end of October 2015 then I will use this Declaration Jurada on April 2016 (my last Prorroga valid until 3 May 2016), is it still valid? Because other documents in Peru has 1 - 3 months validity.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:55 pm

marlia wrote:Hello Gringo from UK,
Thank you for your reply. Question: there is a date on the Declaration Jurada when the document is signed. If my Husband signs end of October 2015 then I will use this Declaration Jurada on April 2016 (my last Prorroga valid until 3 May 2016), is it still valid? Because other documents in Peru has 1 - 3 months validity.

By that time you probably won't need the Declaracion Jurada signed by your husband. There was a talk in this forum that in the new TUPA which will come into effect next year the above document will no longer be listed among the docs required for CE renewal. Who knows? Perhaps, it's true...
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:40 am

Also when your residency is expired you loose the right to work. And you employer could/should terminate your work contract. Because an employer is not allowed to have a foreigner on the payroll who is not a legal resident.
gringo from uk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringo from uk » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Yes correct. Declaration Jurada is valid only 3 months.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Hi all, I went to DIGEMIN last week. The newest information that I got was:

For Prorroga Residencial: Declaracion Jurada no longer need to be Notarial (only for the 1st time of Prorroga Residencial need to be Notarial), so the Staff in the information desk of DIGEMIN suggested to us to prepare Declaracion Jurada with my Husband' signature on it and leave the date part in blank, I just need to add the date when I need to submit my Prorroga.

Any suggestions?

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register