Work Visa Rules & Regs. Help please!

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
sublimeperu
Silver Member
Silver Member

Work Visa Rules & Regs. Help please!

Postby sublimeperu » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:26 am

Hi, I'm about to apply for my work visa ahead of this law change in January and am lucky enough to have an English school who want to sponser me to do that, although it will be myself paying for the process. I'm hoping I can get it all done and dusted before January or even before christmas but obviously, I know that things do not always move fast here! I don't have a degree or tefl, do you think that the school will have trouble justifying their need for me to the ministery? Also, I've heard from someone that got a work visa years back that didn't have a degree (for a different type of job) that because of his lack of qualifications, he ended up having to send off for references from his home country and for getting them translated which winded up being a very costly process. I am already using borrowed money for this process and including flights and time in Lima am expecting the process to cost about 1000 dollars from start to finish. Am I being realistic with this, or should I invisage paying more?

Also, anyone that has ever gone the whole interpol interview, please set expectations for what I am likely to encounter question wise. I'm nervous about this whole process from many angles and I speak reasonable Spanish but am a little limited!

the more detail you can provide the better, thank you!!!!

sublimeperu
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Work Visa Rules & Regs. Help please!

Postby sublimeperu » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:43 am

Also, is it common to hear of people being declined for work visas? I'm putting a lot of eggs in one basket trying to get this done before January, and seeing as my boyfriend lives here, if I'm declined I'm going to have to head back to UK without money!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register