Work visa in process, will I have to leave Peru if I don't receive my visa by Jan 1st?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
sublimeperu
Silver Member
Silver Member

Work visa in process, will I have to leave Peru if I don't receive my visa by Jan 1st?

Postby sublimeperu » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Hey, about to submit an application for a work visa but worrying about the interim stage which would take me into January? What will happen if I haven't yet received the visa? Will I have to leave the country with this new law coming into play?

Also, I am being supported by a school to get a work visa, however I don't have a degree or formal teaching qualifications. Do you think that could be a huge stumbling block with migraciones? They school are willing to justify why they want me, but i don't know how strict things are on that front. Advise needed fast! Thank you!

fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Work visa in process, will I have to leave Peru if I don't receive my visa by Jan 1st?

Postby fanning » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:31 pm

When the application is in 'tramite' you can stay until there is a result. You cannot leave Peru ( unless you process some sort of permit for that ) and most important, you cannot work, as long as you don't have the actual work visa !
If you qualify I cannot say, but at least during the process you won't be illegal.
The work visa is initiated by the employer, they will file the application, and need to produce the guarantees and declaracion jurada.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register