Paying the annual tasa, more specifically: claiming exemption for rentistas

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
JanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Paying the annual tasa, more specifically: claiming exemption for rentistas

Postby JanD » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:25 pm

The rentista part in the relative article on this site has changed.
I forgot all about claiming my exempt (that's to say: I was not aware that when being exempted by law for paying the annual taxes, you still have to claim that exempt: that's imo a really "high level" bureaucracy).
But ok, I went to the Breña DIGEMIN office and, as I had to claim two consecutive years, had to fill in two copies of the F-007 form (what you can prepare already at home, downloading the forms from the DIGEMIN site - the link in the article on the Expat Peru site does not work anymore, but google DIGEMIN Peru and form. F-007 and you'll find it right away) and make two copies (front and back) of your CE rentista (do this at home, or in a copyshop outside the DIGEMIN, unless you don't mind to cue: DIGEMIN first floor right after the corridor to the Banco de la Nacion).
Then go to the place right next to the bottom of the stairs on the first floor and ask for a ticket "exoneracion taxes anuales para rentistas". They give you a ticket and tell you were to line up (the counters next to the counters of the Banco de la Nacion on the first floor). When it's your turn, hand over the form(s) and the copy/copies of your CE, put your finger print(s) on the form(s) and receive your CE right away with the sticker. As in my case it concerned two consecutive years, I only got the 2015 sticker and a paper evidencing that anyone can verify on the DIGEMIN site that I'm also exempted from the 2014 annual fee.
So: 1) you don't have to pay anything ànd 2) you don't have to come back in one or two days to receive the sticker.

And apparently from next year, it is not necessary anymore to claim your exempt at the DIGEMIN office, but everything is supposed to be done on the DIGEMIN inet site....

mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Paying the annual tasa, more specifically: claiming exemption for rentistas

Postby mammamia » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:22 pm

JanD wrote:And apparently from next year, it is not necessary anymore to claim your exempt at the DIGEMIN office, but everything is supposed to be done on the DIGEMIN inet site....

The tramite has been on their Servicios en Linea site for almost a year now. I'm planning to try testing it in January. I wonder if anyone has already done it online. Please, share.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:45 pm

HI,

When the dust settles with these changes, we´ll update the page. We just went through it all 5 or 6 months ago and made fixes, but will do so again shortly.

Alan
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby craig » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:36 pm

mammamia wrote:
JanD wrote:And apparently from next year, it is not necessary anymore to claim your exempt at the DIGEMIN office, but everything is supposed to be done on the DIGEMIN inet site....

The tramite has been on their Servicios en Linea site for almost a year now. I'm planning to try testing it in January. I wonder if anyone has already done it online. Please, share.

When I looked recently, I found that rentistas are excluded from doing it online. Perhaps that will change.
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:38 pm

craig wrote:When I looked recently, I found that rentistas are excluded from doing it online. Perhaps that will change.

Yes, if I'm not mistaken, they list only religious workers and spouses of Peruvians on that online service. I'm interested in the latter and will definitely check it out in January instead of going to Lima wasting my time and money.
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby craig » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:49 am

Today I gathered all my papers together, girded my loins for bureaucratic battle and went to Migraciones to do the stupid tramite for exoneracion de tasa anual as a rentista. It seems that they have changed the rules again, this time in a good way. They told me (I asked two different places and got the same story) that it was no longer required for rentistas, that Migraciones will "do it automatically" in March for rentistas.

So, now it seems we are back to the way it was 3 or 4 years ago (no need for rentistas to do the tramite de exoneracion).
Last edited by craig on Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson
jhand8pp4
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby jhand8pp4 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:10 pm

In January I went to the provincial office of Migraciones here in Tacna for my exoneration of tasa as a rentista. The officer told me that I had to handle it online. She entered my information into the computer for the central office to send me a password to handle it online. I went back to my apartment and noticed that the central office had sent me the password. When I tried to handle the exoneration online, the message was that I could not and that I should go back to the local Migraciones office. When I went back to the provincial office she shook her head and pulled out her copy of some regulations that were published in November of 2015. According to what she showed me, since my income as a rentista was more than $1,000.00 per month, then I was not eligible for exoneration and had to pay the $20.00 tasa. She gave the code number for the payment and I went to the Bank of the Nation and paid it. I went online and confirmed the receipt number of the payment and received an email back that my payment of the tasa was confirmed by Migraciones. In the provincial Migraciones office I read the regulations that the officer had shown me and the rentista visa was no longer listed as a type of visa where the payment of the tasa was exonerated. I am not bothered by it because it is much easier to pay the $20.00 than provide all the documentation they required to prove that I still qualified for my rentista visa.
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby craig » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:43 pm

jhand8pp4 wrote:In January I went to the provincial office of Migraciones here in Tacna for my exoneration of tasa as a rentista. The officer told me that I had to handle it online. She entered my information into the computer for the central office to send me a password to handle it online. I went back to my apartment and noticed that the central office had sent me the password. When I tried to handle the exoneration online, the message was that I could not and that I should go back to the local Migraciones office.

Yes, what she told you was bogus because rentistas were not one of the categories allowed to do it online.

jhand8pp4 wrote:When I went back to the provincial office she shook her head and pulled out her copy of some regulations that were published in November of 2015. According to what she showed me, since my income as a rentista was more than $1,000.00 per month, then I was not eligible for exoneration and had to pay the $20.00 tasa.

That is even more absurd. Rentistas are and always have been exempt as a matter of the law that created the rentista category. Your income is irrelevant. The part of the regulations that places an upper limit on income is for another category of resident: inmigrante.

jhand8pp4 wrote:In the provincial Migraciones office I read the regulations that the officer had shown me and the rentista visa was no longer listed as a type of visa where the payment of the tasa was exonerated. I am not bothered by it because it is much easier to pay the $20.00 than provide all the documentation they required to prove that I still qualified for my rentista visa.

Perhaps this is what you read.

Exoneración del Pago de la Tasa Anual de Extranjería

The part "listing" the rentista category is the same as it always has been; namely the following.

Para el resto de supuestos de exoneración de la Tasa Anual de Extranjería, el administrado presentará la documentación idónea que acredite estar dentro del alcance de los mismos.

The appropriate documentation required by this to qualify for the exemption as a rentista is nothing but having a CE as a rentista. You don't have to present documentation to prove you still qualify as a rentista.

Well, losing $20 is not an enormous loss. It is certainly not worth taking a trip to Lima to avoid the ignorant local official. But next year you should know that nothing is necessary anymore. Unless, of course, by next year they change the rules again. :)
--

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register