What dog food have you found or are feeding your dog?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Kesata

What dog food have you found or are feeding your dog?

Postby Kesata » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:26 pm

I am wondering if anyone has had success in finding a reliable source for a good quality dog food here in Peru. If you have, please respond with what brand and where you are buying it. Well, unless you don't want your source to run out! Is anyone shipping in their dog food from their home country? Is anyone going the homemade route? If yes, care to share your recipe?

New to Peru
Kesata

adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: What dog food have you found or are feeding your dog?

Postby adrian Thorne » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:12 pm

My present dog, a Lab, was introduced to Pedigree at puppy stage, but never really liked it. We tried most and now she thrives on "Mimaskot" and has done for the last four years. We do a little home cooking for her as an addative, but she is a one a day dog and flourishes very well on it.
Our previous dog was simular. Started on Pedigree but would only eat "Topitop" Cheapest of the cheap.
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:30 am

not sure how big your dog is, but shipping dog food to Peru??? I lived nine years in Lima and had two dogs. In supermarkets you find at least 4 or 5 different brands. At the beginning I fed my dogs Pedigree and one other brand I can't remember the name; later I went to one of the numerous pet shops / vets (for example Reino Animal) and bought Hill's.

When living in Tanzania where at that time no dog food was available I always cooked for my dogs. Actually not a big deal. Just google for dog food recipes and lots of useful pages will pop up.
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Eukanuba is pretty easy to find at most vets in Lima, and is a good quality brand. We fed that to our beagle for 1 year and continue to buy it in the States.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register