Animal Control?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
AncientAlien

Animal Control?

Postby AncientAlien » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Does Lima have any type of animal control service?

I have a neighbor who keeps several dogs on the roof of his house, which is still below me. The dogs never leave the small roof area, there is feces and **** all over the ground, the dogs look like they havent been bathed in years and they constantly bark non stop everyday.

I want him to to atleast control the barking disturbing many neighbors, before it drives me to take action in my own hands. I tried to talk to him, but he just ignored me.

Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Animal Control?

Postby Polaron » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Keeping dogs on the roof of one's house is a typical practice in Latin America. i feel for you and for the poor dogs, who are little more than prisoners up there. And of course you have to put up with the brunt of it.

Seriously, I doubt you'll find anyone in government or anywhere else that will care about the dogs' plight -- or yours. I am sorry this is the case, but it is probably true.
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
AncientAlien

Postby AncientAlien » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Yea I figured. A couple days ago they were barking non stop from about 8pm until 4am, obviously couldnt sleep. So, at about 4am i went to the edge and yelled as loud as I could so all the nieghbros could hear too, yo, silence your dogs! **** idiot.

Since then I havent heard a thing.
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Where we live it is not a problem, but the owners do love a dog with a good bark to keep away intruders. We lived in Surquillo for a short time and it was common practice to have dogs on the roofs of houses. It is quite common for home invasion via the roofs and the dogs act as a deterrent. This does not get away from the fact they are poorly cared and mal nourished. The owners go away sometimes for several weeks, without a thought for the animals.
AncientAlien

Postby AncientAlien » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:48 pm

Yea, i know, and i could care less dogs are on the roof. Its that this owner has several, and pays no attention to them at all.. and even if they were good for security, they bark constantly... so, why have them? I dont get it..
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:38 am

adrian Thorne wrote:Where we live it is not a problem, but the owners do love a dog with a good bark to keep away intruders. We lived in Surquillo for a short time and it was common practice to have dogs on the roofs of houses. It is quite common for home invasion via the roofs and the dogs act as a deterrent.

good point. now that you mention it. always wondered why dogs were on the roofs.
La Victoria is what i refer to as "Dog Town". there are dogs everywhere here, and constantly barking. although, i would rather hear dogs barking than the sound of horn honking and car alarms constantly going off.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Tue May 29, 2018 8:14 am

I find the answer is to give them a treat such as a couple of pounds of stewing steak. The results are pretty good.
20180529_080511.jpg
20180529_080511.jpg (309.29 KiB) Viewed 923 times
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue May 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Dang the pup looks dead. I would not recommend giving people food to a dog, especially 2 lbs!!!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed May 30, 2018 8:49 pm

San Isidro is the first district in LIMA that takes seriously dog-barking

https://gestion.pe/tendencias/san-isidr ... ros-142109

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register