Looking for Golden Retriever puppies ADVICE

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
hansch16

Looking for Golden Retriever puppies ADVICE

Postby hansch16 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi there,

I am after some advice in regards to buying a puppy here in Lima.

We are looking to buy a Golden Retriever. This is a breed we had in the UK and for a variety of reasons we would like to buy one here in Peru. However, we would like to do this responsibly and of course buy a dog that is healthy and happy. However, we are not confident of how responsible breeders are here in Lima, and we would really appreciate some advice and/or shared experiences. Does anyone know of any puppies for sale, or where best to look? We have searched the internet and papers, and found a few leads, but we are just wary of the breeding conditions and don't want to buy from someone who is only breeding for money/puppy farms. Does anyone have any experience with the company, Golden Retrievers Peru?

Also, would it be reasonable to ask someone selling a puppy to meet us at a vets, so that we could have the puppy checked over before purchasing?

Many thanks in advance for your support,
Hannah

Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Looking for Golden Retriever puppies ADVICE

Postby Polaron » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:40 pm

I realized you said you want a Golden Retriever puppy but have you considered adopting a dog from a shelter? There are many loving wonderful dogs out there just waiting for someone to take them home
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Polaron wrote:I realized you said you want a Golden Retriever puppy but have you considered adopting a dog from a shelter? There are many loving wonderful dogs out there just waiting for someone to take them home

I'd echo that. There are some wonderful dogs available for adoption. f you want to look for a specific breed, chances are you might find one to adopt as well.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:03 pm

A lot of dog owners now group together on Facebook. Try the following:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/496800990441251/
https://www.facebook.com/LimaGoldenRetriever/?fref=ts

All the best,
Alan
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:15 am

I have sent a Pm to you and must totally agree with everybody's sentiment. Have a look around the local Municipal veterinary service and you may well meet the family member you are looking for. I must admit we purchased or Golden from our local vet, as a puppy, but it was by pure chance we met up with our mate. Just remember if the dog comes from the veterinary service they will have all the jabs, paperwork and a good healthy dog.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register