Looking 2 Start Over - Is Peru the Place 4 Me?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
charliehustle

Looking 2 Start Over - Is Peru the Place 4 Me?

Postby charliehustle » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:34 pm

I'm an excon with a few Fs on my record.
Not violent. White collar variety but
I'd rather not go into detail.
So are there any excons here on the forum or excons that you know of that have moved to Peru to begin a new life?
Easy to enter the country with a "checkered past"?
To be clear I'm not seeking residency just a hide out.
Money won't be a problem (again don't want to go into detail) so I won't have to work.

Thanks in advance.

Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Looking 2 Start Over - Is Peru the Place 4 Me?

Postby Polaron » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:20 pm

charliehustle wrote:I'm an excon with a few Fs on my record.
Not violent. White collar variety but
I'd rather not go into detail.
So are there any excons here on the forum or excons that you know of that have moved to Peru to begin a new life?
Easy to enter the country with a "checkered past"?
To be clear I'm not seeking residency just a hide out.
Money won't be a problem (again don't want to go into detail) so I won't have to work.

Thanks in advance.

There is some question as to whether the Peruvian government will let people get away with living here 12 months out of the year as a tourist. The law states you get 6 months out of every 12 but who knows how the enforcement will really be at the border if you decide to leave the country every six months and come back and renew your permission. Of course there are also people that lick their permission expire in just continue to live in Peru illegally. Those people face a fine of $5 per day I want your permission has expired and they're not allowed to leave the country again until they pay that amount.

If you want to get permission to live in Peru as a resident and I know you've already said you don't having been convicted felon certainly could disqualify you from that.

Other than that if money is not a problem and if you don't really care of with your residency status in Peru is then you probably won't have any problem. I hope everything works out for you.

In terms of entering the country no one is going to do a background check on you your passport if you are American or perhaps British will entitle you to up to six months without a visa.
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:34 pm

I do not think anyone on the forums will "self identify" but I do not see any problems coming in on a tourist visa. The other poster quoted the fine for overstaying at $5.00 a day, I believe it is only $1.00 a day for now. At some point (this year?)immigration rules are supposed to change and prevent people from staying longer than 6 mos. You should probably keep your eye on the discussion while you make your plans.
symby a wonk

Postby symby a wonk » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:14 pm

charliehustle wrote:I'm an excon with a few Fs on my record.

On the back of the TAM is a warning stating that criminals like peadophiles will be subjected to long prison sentences.
benjaminbaker

Postby benjaminbaker » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:45 pm

If I were you I would do it legally, peruvian prison can be tough. Depending on your record, maybe they won't care, in that case they will certainly be happy to allow you to spend the money you obviously have lots of. I take it. F is for fraud. Isn't it. Not the end of the world. Seeing as fraud is part.of the peruvian lifestyle.
Be on the lookout for the many tips of fraud that exist here. Ie fake lotto tickets, 45 S/. LoMo. Soltado. People pretending to be police who won't arrest you if you pay them.cash, he'll, just take a trip to the movie theater during the day and buy a ticket, notice the 50 people already sitting in the theater when you get in there, that have sat there for several films.
.. I mean, if fraud is your thing, you probably belong here.
KenBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby KenBE » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:07 am

I smell a troll...

Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:22 pm

I believe "F" stands for Felony's of which fraud is certainly one.
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:40 pm

No.
Suspiro

Postby Suspiro » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:07 am

I would just like to welcome Martin Shkreli to the Expat Peru forum.
Suspiro

Postby Suspiro » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:08 am

benjaminbaker wrote: I take it. F is for fraud. Isn't it.

"F" is for "felony." Very serious crimes.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register