Migraciones?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Migraciones?

Postby woodchuck » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:41 am

I find it so frustrating to deal with government agencies here in Peru. Are they trained to have expats waste days to get things accomplished or is this just the - way things work in Peru? Any thoughts or comments about Migraciones only, as I am sure other agencies are not doing their jobs either. :roll:

fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Migraciones?

Postby fanning » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 am

Get used to it.
If you follow the news you know that even presidential candidates get thrown out of the elections because the didn't do their 'tramites' exactly by the letter of the law..
TonyLeslie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby TonyLeslie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Compared to just a couple of years ago, I find Migrations extremely efficient and streamlined. True that is in regard to Carne De Extranjería for married Expats specifically. The current renewal system is only one piece of paper from the Information counter and your carnet. You only need to write your Name, Carnet Number and Date, can't get much more simple than that, specially compared to all the copies and the marriage certificate that was needed earlier. You do have to accept delays due to the sheer volume of people going through the place of course, but the number system just about every where you need to go keeps things moving along nicely. My opinion only of course.
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:26 am

Many thanks for the 2 replies. I have spent a lot of money & waited over 8 months to get a CE problem resolved thru an attorney. He claims Migraciones fails to send him the proper papers? The only time I was in Migraciones some 2.5 years ago, I was sent from one person to the next & each time - I needed more paper work. I am glad to hear that possibly this nonsense has changed. :roll:
london
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby london » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:40 pm

I have a Carnet Extranjeria, as I am married to a Peruvian. I have never worked in Peru, and subsequently never paid any tax in Peru. We will leave Peru in May, and we will never return. Are there any forms or documents which I need to complete prior to our departure, I am trying to avoid any unnecessary problems when we are at the airport. I would be grateful for any advice, thanks in advance for your help...
curveball

Postby curveball » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:59 am

london wrote:I have a Carnet Extranjeria, as I am married to a Peruvian. I have never worked in Peru, and subsequently never paid any tax in Peru. We will leave Peru in May, and we will never return. Are there any forms or documents which I need to complete prior to our departure, I am trying to avoid any unnecessary problems when we are at the airport. I would be grateful for any advice, thanks in advance for your help...

Your post has a touch of finality to it.
How can you be sure that you and your wife will never return?
No family or friends or connections to make you return?
I'm not sure about the forms or documents that you will need to complete but I'm sure that culling the forum or net will get you the info you need.
Good luck in your journey.
RICHARDandNORA
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby RICHARDandNORA » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:58 am

You will need to cancel your CE. After I stopped living in Lima and was just making the occasional visit, after a 9 month absence, the fact that I did not cancel the CE caused some problems. The problem was not upon arrival, but was during the departure when the delay (immigration) nearly cause a missed flight. I did eventually formally cancel the CE and have experienced no additional problem since.
london
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby london » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:51 pm

Thank you very much for the help and advice.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register