Rentista (and some other "foreign resident types") travelling outside Peru: new requirement?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
JanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rentista (and some other "foreign resident types") travelling outside Peru: new requirement?

Postby JanD » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:59 pm

The other day I read on the Migraciones site under "Salida y reingresa ciudadanes extranjeros residentes" that, when leaving or re-entering Peru, also the following document(s) should be presented:

"(Para las calidades migratorias de; Trabajadores Residentes (WRA), Inversionista (IIA), Rentista (RXA)), además de los requisitos generales, deberán presentar"):

– Certificado de Rentas y Retenciones. (Formulario N°1492, 1692, 1494, 1495, según corresponda).

This is totally new to me!
Sofar, when travelling abroad, I only had to present a TAM and give proof that the exoneration of the tasa annual had been verified, nothing else.

Can anyone here explain what this is/means?

Estrella-15

Re: Rentista (and some other "foreign resident types") travelling outside Peru: new requirement?

Postby Estrella-15 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:41 pm

I have to present 1492 every time I travel outside of Peru. It is a document from SUNAT and signed by the company to say I have paid all taxes owed. If I do not present it I cannot travel. My first business trip outside of Peru I was allowed to complete a form at the airport but now I have to have my company complete online with SUNAT the day before I travel.
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rentista (and some other "foreign resident types") travelling outside Peru: new requirement?

Postby craig » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:53 pm

That requirement is nothing new. It has been there since the first time I looked (about 2009).

I have never had to present anything as a rentista.

I think the operative words are: "según corresponda" which I think means "as appropriate." For some resident types various of those forms are appropriate because they are required. For a rentista none of them are appropriate because they do not apply to rentistas.
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register