RE: Travel insurance required after travel started

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Nemoshark
Silver Member
Silver Member

RE: Travel insurance required after travel started

Postby Nemoshark » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:00 am

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd share information about a travel insurance company you can take out a policy with after you've already started traveling. World Nomads is a company recommended by Lonely Planet and I've just taken out a policy with them. Some travel insurance providers in your home country might not allow you to take out travel insurance if your departure is not from that country, as I discovered, but with World Nomads they take away that hassle and I found their price to be fairly close to what I'd have paid for insurance provided by my home country. You have the option to extend your policy too, so it's quite flexible. They also donate $3 of your purchase towards a selected charity of your choice. I'm sure most of you will be well prepared and have already taken out policies before leaving home but, if not here's another option.

http://www.worldnomads.com

sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: RE: Travel insurance required after travel started

Postby sbaustin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:14 am

I can't tell if this post is spam or not but regardless, they have a waiting period of 3 days so you can buy it but it won't start immediately. It isn't the cheapest option but they seem to have reasonable pricing. There is one point of your post that is entirely inaccurate. They are not donating anything, you are paying for the donation that they may facilitate and you can remove it from the price.

I've purchased insurance through them before, had a decent experience, but never had to actually use the policy. I'd be interested to hear from anyone that had to use a travel insurance policy.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register