Information disappears

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
TonyLeslie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Information disappears

Postby TonyLeslie » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Twice I have written extensive information and I mean step by step extensive information, regarding my experience relating to the topic of whether you can do the Interpol Interview before you go to Migraciones, as I have just completed the Interview at Interpol. Both times, in excess of one hour of writing and proof reading. Both times, I put in my name and password before I started and both times when I submitted the post, I was asked to repeat that process again. Both times, the information was lost, so I am not inclined to try a third time. The short answer was Yes but both in conjunction is the correct answer. This time I am writing as a new post, to see if it actually gets posted. That's it on the subject from me.

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Information disappears

Postby Alan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:18 am

Hi Tony,

I am very sorry to hear that. It's happened to me and I know how frustrating it feels.

The system was set to log people out after one hour of inactivity (understood as opening links, posting... not just having a window open and writing). Perhaps you were timed out? In any case, I have changed the settings of the forum to increase the time to logout. Nevertheless, I think that in cases where you have really spent a lot of time writing, take one second to select and copy the text before you hit the submit button, so if for one reason or another it doesn't process, you simply paste and submit again.

All the best,
Alan
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Information disappears

Postby adrian Thorne » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:46 am

Tony the same has happened to me in the past, but must say ExPat is not the only place. It appears quite common on other sites over an extended time periods. I have therefor got in to the habit of always writing up extended monologues in Note Pad or something simular. The opportunity of wondering off for a cupper or carrying out spell checking is a simple process, without the worry of losing the input. :wink:

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register