Need Info and advice on starting family in Peru

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
DLhomes

Need Info and advice on starting family in Peru

Postby DLhomes » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi all,

I am a Chinese-Canadian guy 37 y.o. had recently ended an unpleasant marriage. Sick of Canadian weather and sick of my gold-digging & Cheating ex, I have no children from my previous marriage so I have no burden on my back. I am looking to re-start family again, perhaps in Peru. I have little knowledge of this country other than it has good weather year round, inexpensive to live and a lot of Chinese or Chinese-Peruvian. I would like someone to offer me advices and opinions on followings:

I need your advice as should I start to date Peruvian lady online first or should I just go visit as a tourist and meet people? Which step is more effective to find a genuine future wife.

If I choose to visit Peru and I have some passive income at USD$500-$700 per month, do you think I can afford to spend some extended time(in Lima perhaps) to look for the right person to marry?

I would definitely want to live in Peru, if I meet the right person, what type of work do expats find in Peru? My background is in IT/Computer Science and I speak basic Spanish.

Given my age of 37, do Peruvian women tend to date and marry younger guys?

I would like to listen to your suggestions

bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Need Info and advice on starting family in Peru

Postby bigdaddy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:03 pm

Whoa let's back up here a minute, fella.
You just ended a bad marriage and now you're wanting to jump right in the gene pool feet first?
I think you need to take a deep breath step back and reassess things.
Good that you speak the language.
Good weather and inexpensive living in Peru? 
That can be debatable. 
Your budget? That could be doable. 
It depends on your lifestyle. 
Are you a big spender or frugal?
Work? You'll need a visa.
Chinese people in Peru? You betcha.
Lots of chifas so you won't go hungry.

A good website for you would be Planet Love.com
It's mostly guys there either looking for love or found it or got screwed over and need a place to blow off some steam.
Oh yeah, one more thing.
Stay away from Pizza St. in Miraflores unless you're looking for a quick hookup.
The chicas there are called bricheras and excel at separating you from your cash.
Large and in charge!
DLhomes

Postby DLhomes » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:19 pm

bigdaddy wrote:Whoa let's back up here a minute, fella.
You just ended a bad marriage and now you're wanting to jump right in the gene pool feet first?
I think you need to take a deep breath step back and reassess things.
Good that you speak the language.
Good weather and inexpensive living in Peru? 
That can be debatable. 
Your budget? That could be doable. 
It depends on your lifestyle. 
Are you a big spender or frugal?
Work? You'll need a visa.
Chinese people in Peru? You betcha.
Lots of chifas so you won't go hungry.

A good website for you would be Planet Love.com
It's mostly guys there either looking for love or found it or got screwed over and need a place to blow off some steam.
Oh yeah, one more thing.
Stay away from Pizza St. in Miraflores unless you're looking for a quick hookup.
The chicas there are called bricheras and excel at separating you from your cash.

My marriage broke down long time ago, it was just recently that I became officially single, I am psychologically ready for it and I know myself.

I know that Lima is expensive compare to local people's wages, which is comparable to Shanghai and Beijing; I am wondering what's the price level in other cities in Peru e.g. Trujillo, Chiclayo....

In domestic Chinese communities, I often heard of Chinese men marrying Peruvian women, actually many of them. Does this mean East Asians are desirable to Peruvian women?
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigdaddy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:31 pm

Cost of living is less in other cities but you have to weigh whether you'd rather live without the amenities of a larger city.
As for as whether Peruanas are attracted to East Asians, you'd have to ask them.
I think for the most part, they would be happy with a hard working loyal man who isn't machista and who doesn't have a bunch of women on the side.
Large and in charge!
KenBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby KenBE » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:03 am

DLhomes wrote:I know that Lima is expensive compare to local people's wages, which is comparable to Shanghai and Beijing; I am wondering what's the price level in other cities in Peru e.g. Trujillo, Chiclayo....

Cities in "las provincias" are definitely cheaper than Lima, but they are also less developed. They are still nice though, just not as modern as Miraflores or other upscale areas of Lima. Trujillo is a nice city, but it has a big crime problem.

Chiclayo is like a smaller version of Trujillo.

Have you ever visited Peru?
vicbouces

Postby vicbouces » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:08 am

DLhomes wrote:Hi all,

I am a Chinese-Canadian guy 37 y.o. had recently ended an unpleasant marriage. Sick of Canadian weather and sick of my gold-digging & Cheating ex, I have no children from my previous marriage so I have no burden on my back. I am looking to re-start family again, perhaps in Peru. I have little knowledge of this country other than it has good weather year round, inexpensive to live and a lot of Chinese or Chinese-Peruvian. I would like someone to offer me advices and opinions on followings:

I need your advice as should I start to date Peruvian lady online first or should I just go visit as a tourist and meet people? Which step is more effective to find a genuine future wife.

If I choose to visit Peru and I have some passive income at USD$500-$700 per month, do you think I can afford to spend some extended time(in Lima perhaps) to look for the right person to marry?

I would definitely want to live in Peru, if I meet the right person, what type of work do expats find in Peru? My background is in IT/Computer Science and I speak basic Spanish.

Given my age of 37, do Peruvian women tend to date and marry younger guys?

I would like to listen to your suggestions

Hi there:
As a Arequipenian guy, I recomend you to move to Arequipa, it's a quiet city, with a very good cuisine ,cheap, and traditional, the only problem I see is our crazy traffic. On the other hand, If you are looking for a relationship, don't waste your time on the internet dating agencies, there are a lot of crazy-weird people using this websites,it would be better to meet a girl face to face;maybe you can start doing volunteering in an ONG helping children or something like that, signing up for a course in something you like, or a gym, in those places you could meet a real people with your same interests.
People in Arequipa are very welcoming.
Good Luck
vicbouces

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register