Prorroga de Residencia

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Prorroga de Residencia

Postby sbaustin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:19 am

I recently renewed my residency (via marriage) and they've made it a little simpler this year:

* Pay the tramite fee at banco de la nacional
* Make appointment online
* Day of appointment, you find the line for extranjeria (first floor) and they give you a paper with a number on it for your turn in line
* Go up to third floor and the TV will show you which windows are processing the numbers right before you
* They only asked for the following documents this year:
1. Copy of spouse's dni
2. Copy of carnet
3. Receipt from Banco de la nacional
4. Form F-7 (I think it is F-7) signed and dated. This was generated when you made the appointment.

If I was you I would still make sure you have a recent copy of your acta, notarized letter from your spouse, and a copy of your passport just in case.

After providing them the docs they give you a piece of paper with a code on it to check the status within 1-2 days. No stickers anymore.

Good luck.

Soudie

Re: Prorroga de Residencia

Postby Soudie » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:59 pm

If you've obtained your residency through marriage to a Peruvian, be sure that he/she has no outstanding fines. Because my husband was away for work on Election Day, he couldn't vote and was fined S/75 (in Cusco). Migraciones will pull it up in their system. Avoid a second trip and have that squared away before you attempt to renew your C.E. I had my receipt from Banco de la Nacion and all the required documents for my C.E. renewal, so they (very surprisingly) allowed me to submit them... granted I present a copy of the S/75 receipt (proving that my husband paid the election fine) when I returned to pick up my card 10 days later. Easy-peasy.

It was, however, unnerving to not be given a renewal sticker. When I asked for one, they said they no longer issue them, that I could rest assured that it's updated in their system, and that I could check for myself online:
https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/ > Consultas en línea > Carné de Extranjería
After you enter your datos, if your residency is current, all you'll see is this:
PRORROGA DE RESIDENCIA: SU RESIDENCIA SE ENCUENTRA VIGENTE
TASA ANUAL DE EXTRANJERÍA: TAE VIGENTE

No date of when I renewed. No expiration date. That was not very satisfying, especially given the fact that I was due to exit the country within a few days. Without a sticker, I was concerned about passing through migraciones at the Lima airport on my return (I read on this forum that others ran into trouble with LATAM for not having a sticker). So I went back to the migraciones office in Cusco to see if I could have something in writing lest I run into trouble. They told me I won't have any problems, but if I wanted, I could go online and print out the page (mentioned above). Basically useless with no dates. What I plan to do is take a screen shot of the page (with the time and date) on the morning of my flight and carry that with me JUST IN CASE.

I don't recall needing my passport when I renewed my C.E. (but it wouldn't hurt to take it with you). I was required to present an original copy of our Acta de Matrimonio in addition to the documents listed in the previous post (when we obtained the Acta from RENIEC didn't matter. i.e., it didn't matter that it was dated over 3/6/9/12 months).

One last thing, since I knew I'd be out of the country when my C.E. expired, they told me to come in to renew about 20 days before my departure; I renewed it in August.
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby agantuk » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Just wanted to clarify because the instructions seems to have been removed from the Migraciones website.

For the Familiar Residente category are only paying the S/. 25.60 fee and not the $50 fee. Normally the latter fee is not required for those married to Peruvians. This is still the case, right?

Soudie

Postby Soudie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:34 pm

agantuk, for the Familiar Residente -- yes, I paid S/25.60 (or something like that, I don't remember the exact amount). As of when I renewed in August 2016, it definitely was not $50.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:12 pm

I went the last day of the deadline and didn't realize until I got to Migraciones that I had left my CE on my desk. Guy told me no worries and it was fine for me to come back the next day. Was busy and couldn't make it so only got there today. All I had to do was give my receipt from the bank, a photocopy of my wife's DNI, and my actual CE. I filled out a basic form the guy printed out asking for the most basic of information and five minutes later I was out the door with a photocopy of the Constancia de Prorroga and my CE. Unlike last year, I don't have to go back the next day to pick up my CE.

It's good to live in the provinces.
Solution6

Postby Solution6 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:30 am

Excellent advice here. Thanks.

I am in a situation where I am leaving the country on holiday in one week, and I need to complete the tramite for the Prorroga de Residencia (FAMILIAR DE RESIDENTE) because my carne has not expired yet, but it will whilst I am away so I need to get it done before I leave.

The complication is that I live in Lima, but I am currently outside of Lima (Arequipa).

I hope it is as easy as visiting the office in Arequipa, paying the said amounts and getting it updated. I am not sure if there is a need for a new photo/fingerprints/card (apparently needs to happen every few years?).

Any advice would be appreciated.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Just got back from migraciones. No longer need to bring the marriage certificate or copies of your and spouses ID/DNI. Just the 007 (which has been updated) and the receipt from the bank showing you've paid the S/. 25.60 (tributo 1827). Best news is that it's good for two years so unless I want citizenship I won't need to go back to migraciones until Nov. '19.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:52 am

I did mine last week and also did not need all the other papers. Did not know it is good for two years, thanks for that tidbit!
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:27 pm

At least that's what they told me. Check the paper they gave you.

Residencia Vigente Hasta El: (Fecha)
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:45 pm

ironchefchris wrote:At least that's what they told me. Check the paper they gave you.

Residencia Vigente Hasta El: (Fecha)

Does it mean it is valid until the day before that date? Or is it valid until the end of that day?

(remember lethal weapon? 1 2 3 and then or 1 2 3 ?)

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register