Benefits to Private School Teachers

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
cynthia.navarrete

Benefits to Private School Teachers

Postby cynthia.navarrete » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:03 am

Hi everybody,
I know about the benefits international teachers have here in Lima on schools as Roosevelt and Markham. What I would like to know now is what are the benefits that the children of teachers (local and international) get in on these schools.
Also, what are the requirements for English speakers locals to teach environmental courses? I know private schools are adding environmental courses or topics related to their curricula. For example at Markham, there is "Sistemas y Sociedades Ambientales" course for the IB.
Happy new year and enjoy these sunny days on our grey Lima!
Cheers.

gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Benefits to Private School Teachers

Postby gringolandia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:36 am

What I have heard, with regard to Roosevelt at least, is that teachers can enroll up to two of their children for free. I only know this because I met one teacher with three kids who said he has to have the third child at a different school since he can't afford to pay the Roosevelt tuition.
cynthia.navarrete

Postby cynthia.navarrete » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Thank you gringolandia, was your friend an expat or a local?
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:12 pm

I think it was his American wife who was the teacher, and even though he spoke Spanish I think he was from another South American country (Columbia?). So I guess I'd go with expat to answer your question. I'll check with my wife who will remember for sure and update this if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Actually neither of them are American. They both lived in the US for an extended period, but the teacher is Peruvian and the spouse is from another South American country.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register