carnet de extranjeria and travel abroad

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

carnet de extranjeria and travel abroad

Postby FDiH » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 am

Last year I got my carnet de extranjeria. During the application process I had to get special permission to travel abroad/leave the country.

Now that I have the carnet de extranjeria I thought i do not have to fill out any forms/get/pay for special permission. But my colleagues say otherwise.

With a valid passport and valid carnet de extranjeria, can I travel abroad?

Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: carnet de extranjeria and travel abroad

Postby Alpineprince » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:20 am

If your carnet is through marriage you can travel freely. If it is a work carnet, then you will have to file the apropiarte paper work.
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:35 am

I have a work carnet.

Any information re "appropriate paperwork"? I cannot seem to find anything.
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:45 am

Alpineprince wrote:If your carnet is through marriage you can travel freely. If it is a work carnet, then you will have to file the apropiarte paper work.

You are kidding, right? You can really be barred from traveling?
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:13 pm

jumpinjack wrote:
Alpineprince wrote:If your carnet is through marriage you can travel freely. If it is a work carnet, then you will have to file the apropiarte paper work.

You are kidding, right? You can really be barred from traveling?

As Alpine stated you can travel freely without passport to all South American Alliance countries and with passport any overseas countries, but not more than six months in any one year or your CE will expire. You will need to present a document supplied and signed by your employer, showing income and any taxes duly paid prier to travel. There is a standard form, but the code number escapes me. You should be able to check all this out at https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Sorry I do not see where he said you can travel freely. All I see is, "If your carnet is through marriage you can travel freely. If it is a work carnet, then you will have to file the appropriate paper work."
I assume he means you have to file paperwork to travel freely. To were he does not say but it assumed, abroad since he is talking to and answering FDiH.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:20 pm

jumpinjack wrote:Sorry I do not see where he said you can travel freely. All I see is, "If your carnet is through marriage you can travel freely. If it is a work carnet, then you will have to file the appropriate paper work."
I assume he means you have to file paperwork to travel freely. To were he does not say but it assumed, abroad since he is talking to and answering FDiH.

Yes, If you have a carnet as a worker you need to file the appropriate paperwork that demonstrates that you paid your taxes and then YOU CAN TRAVEL FREELY. If it is through marriage then YOU CAN TRAVEL FREELY and not file paperwork.
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:05 am

Thanks for the information all. Having gone through the ordeal in getting the workers carnet I thought I would be cleared from paperwork when travelling. It is ridiculous.

Still I cannot find anything on migraciones.gob.pe re paperwork requirements for workers in case of overseas travel. Anyone dealt with this before?
I am sure you need to fill out forms and such. Which form and where to hand in? Do I need to go to the migraciones office?
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:01 am

Alpineprince wrote:
jumpinjack wrote:Sorry I do not see where he said you can travel freely. All I see is, "If your carnet is through marriage you can travel freely. If it is a work carnet, then you will have to file the appropriate paper work."

Yes, If you have a carnet as a worker you need to file the appropriate paperwork that demonstrates that you paid your taxes and then YOU CAN TRAVEL FREELY. If it is through marriage then YOU CAN TRAVEL FREELY and not file paperwork.

Thanks Alpine but that is not the question I asked. I asked "You can really be barred from traveling?" viewtopic.php?f=33&p=151664&sid=f54019d0621d578fb59c49b654c966a0#p151653
Your quote, from me, was directed at adrian Thorne.
Sorry but arriving at the airport only to find you have to fill out more paper work, while others don't does not sound like TRAVELING FREELY. Begs the question, can they really bar you from traveling.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:48 pm

As a worker , investor or rentista you need to show a form that you fullfilled your tax obligations.
If you work it is http://www.sunat.gob.pe/orientacion/salidaExtranjeros/formularios/f1492.pdf which is filled out and signed by your employer
If you dont have income it is another form signed by yourself. And if you are rentista with income from for example rent, there is another form
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 am

Thanks Fanning!
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:15 am

Just a follow-up for future reference:

An expat with a carnet extranjeria who wants to travel abroad requires (besides a valid passport):

1. Form 1492 (easy MS Word version can be found here: http://adm.estudioherrera.com/upload/Formulario_N%C2%BA_1492.doc)
2. Carnet extranjeria

The form is quite easy to fill in. The PDF version on the SUNAT website includes information on how to fill out the form (http://www.sunat.gob.pe/orientacion/salidaExtranjeros/formularios/f1492.pdf)
goalie3443
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby goalie3443 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Any use in getting a CE if I'm not going to permanently reside in Peru? Married to a Peruvian....
Jeffe

http://mochilerosperu.wordpress.com
Peru Budget Travel and Review Blog
MartitaAQP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MartitaAQP » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:04 am

I have been BARRED from exiting the country on a trabajador CE when I did not have the form signed by my employer so YES, the fact you are not even a Peruvian citizen does not mean you can travel freely out of the country unless you fulfill the requirements.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register