Peruvian Girlfriend

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
7hetexsun

Peruvian Girlfriend

Postby 7hetexsun » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Hello, new member here with some questions. I went on vacation to Lima and Cusco a couple months ago. Before I arrived I arranged to meet a lady for dinner on one of the popular dating sites. I'm not dumb or gullible, she's close to my age, mid to late 40s. She is a teacher so her English is fairly good. We hit it off pretty good and saw each other several times while I was in Lima. I've have stayed in touch with her since I got back in the U.S. We talk, text and video chat frequently. She tells me how much she loves me all the time. Once in while she will tell me about her financial problems. I'll listen and offer suggestions but not money. I bought her a couple of gifts while I was there and paid for all of our dates. I'm fine with that. I know she doesn't make a lot. We have been discussing another visit in September, but because she has brought up her financial issues. I not so sure I want this to continue. I know that nobody can give me definitive answers. I'd like to hear your opinions though. She IS interested in a husband. I couldn't live in a huge city like Lima and I'm not sure she would be willing to leave anyway. I'm trying to decide if she is really sincere and honest, or just hoping for a donation. I've never caught her in lie or anything, and usually I'm pretty good at reading people. She is so different, in a good way, from American women that I'm at a losss.
Any thoughts? Thanks

windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peruvian Girlfriend

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:17 am

In general, women saying that they have financial problems, is a bad sign..
7hetexsun

Postby 7hetexsun » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:22 am

Thanks for your response. If it was here in the U.S., I'd run for the hills. Didn't know how common it was in Peru. Any other opinions?
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:13 am

Unless they come from a rich family, almost all women will have financial problems. Either for their kids or parents who they are expected to support. Regardless of where you live, you will be expected to support the family, so you might as well pick the youngest,most beautiful women you can find.
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigdaddy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:23 am

Alpineprince wrote:Unless they come from a rich family, almost all women will have financial problems. Either for their kids or parents who they are expected to support. Regardless of where you live, you will be expected to support the family, so you might as well pick the youngest,most beautiful women you can find.

Youngest, most beautiful if he's only interested in a physical relationship.
And those types are usually high maintenance and have boyfriends that he'd have to compete with.
Large and in charge!
7hetexsun

Postby 7hetexsun » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Right now, I'm just trying to decide if I want to visit again. She's really nice, pretty and affectionate. And she hasn't asked me for any money or commitment or anything. I'm sure she would happily take any money I offered though. I guess I just wanted to know if this was the norm or not. I appreciate the opinions, that all of them don't agree is even better because I have more to think about. I know that there are many Peruvian women on the dating sites in their 20s and 30s who jump at the chance to meet a 50 year old gringo. If all of them are going to ask or expect you to compensate them somehow, maybe that is the way to do it, as was mentioned above. I know some of you have wives and long term girlfriends from Peru. Any other advice? Thanks again.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:12 pm

Not sure I would be calling someone a girlfriend whom I am only toying with the idea of visiting again.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 pm

bigdaddy wrote:
Alpineprince wrote:Unless they come from a rich family, almost all women will have financial problems. Either for their kids or parents who they are expected to support. Regardless of where you live, you will be expected to support the family, so you might as well pick the youngest,most beautiful women you can find.

And those types are usually high maintenance and have boyfriends that he'd have to compete with.

Yeah, YMMV,
When I married my wife, she was beautiful and only 21, I was 50. 14 years and two children later, she is still young and beautiful!
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigdaddy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:28 am

Alpineprince wrote:
bigdaddy wrote:

Yeah, YMMV,
When I married my wife, she was beautiful and only 21, I was 50. 14 years and two children later, she is still young and beautiful!

Okay, so it worked out for you. But other than the children, what could a 50 y/o possibly have in common with someone 21?
Other than financial reasons, why would she be attracted to someone old enough to be her daddy?
Large and in charge!
7hetexsun

Postby 7hetexsun » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:56 am

I know it's possible to find young and beautiful women. I've been to Thailand, Phillipines, Columbia and D.R. Plus a lot of other places. I'm interested in someone closer to my age. I like the one I met. I'm just wondering if the "financial" issues are something you just expect and deal with or if it's something that is just going to get worse. I suspect that she is better off than the average single Peruvian woman. She is widowed and her husband left her the house, plus she's educated enough that she teaches in a public school and gives English lessons part time.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:21 pm

7hetexsun wrote:I know it's possible to find young and beautiful women. I've been to Thailand, Phillipines, Columbia and D.R. Plus a lot of other places. I'm interested in someone closer to my age. I like the one I met. I'm just wondering if the "financial" issues are something you just expect and deal with or if it's something that is just going to get worse. I suspect that she is better off than the average single Peruvian woman. She is widowed and her husband left her the house, plus she's educated enough that she teaches in a public school and gives English lessons part time.

Sounds like she is definitely worth another visit. Like someone mentioned above, this is a country full of people with financial issues. While teachers at public schools are earning more than before, the most they could earn is around $1,500... which ain´t a lot. And unless her English is really good, and her social networks are strong, I bet it is tough to earn more than $5 an hour per class.

I think that you tend to hear more of the sad stories of foreign folks who have been taken advantage of, but there are also a great many of us who are married to wonderful, honest and kind Peruvians. In fact, I'd even say that it is the vast majority.

All the best!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:20 pm

A young woman could find a lot of interesting things in a man of 50 or even more: a good conversation, a brilliant inteligence, respectful manners, experience in life, etc, See this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86FCW0GRRcc
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:58 am

windsportinperu wrote:A young woman could find a lot of interesting things in a man of 50 or even more: a good conversation, a brilliant inteligence, respectful manners, experience in life, etc, See this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86FCW0GRRcc

Ha ha, I clicked on the video and my Wife immediately came into the room and said "I love that song". Then proceeded to tell me all the old doctors at work sing that to her ( as a joke) when she walks by.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:58 am

Ha ha, I clicked on the video and my Wife immediately came into the room and said "I love that song". Then proceeded to tell me all the old doctors at work sing that to her ( as a joke) when she walks by.

Great :D , there is no age barrier for real love.
7hetexsun

Postby 7hetexsun » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks for the input. I wanted to know if her financial problems were a red flag or somewhat normal. Appreciate your opinions. Think I'll pay her another visit.
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:47 pm

I'd just ask her.

The next time she mentions her money problems, just ask "Are you asking me for financial help?"

I think it'll be pretty obvious to you what her real intent was from the answer, either from what she says or from her body language.

The most likely possibilities are (1) she says "no, I'm just sharing my concerns" and she'll perhaps realize that always bringing up her money problems makes you uncomfortable and hopefully she'll stop, or (2) she'll say something like "oh, would you?" in which case you know she was trawling for you to make an offer (and your reply in this case should be "No, I just wasn't clear as to why you keep bringing up your financial troubles").

Keep in mind that asking her if she is asking for financial help is NOT an offer to help. Don't make the mistake of actually offering, because then you might feel obligated to do so. So don't ask "Do you want help?" or something like that. Phrase it the way I wrote above, so that it is merely a request for clarification.
pdmurray

Postby pdmurray » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:31 pm

gringolandia wrote:I'd just ask her.

The next time she mentions her money problems, just ask "Are you asking me for financial help?"

I think it'll be pretty obvious to you what her real intent was from the answer, either from what she says or from her body language.

The most likely possibilities are (1) she says "no, I'm just sharing my concerns" and she'll perhaps realize that always bringing up her money problems makes you uncomfortable and hopefully she'll stop, or (2) she'll say something like "oh, would you?" in which case you know she was trawling for you to make an offer (and your reply in this case should be "No, I just wasn't clear as to why you keep bringing up your financial troubles").

Keep in mind that asking her if she is asking for financial help is NOT an offer to help. Don't make the mistake of actually offering, because then you might feel obligated to do so. So don't ask "Do you want help?" or something like that. Phrase it the way I wrote above, so that it is merely a request for clarification.

VERY good points made by Gringolandia. As someone who's been to Peru about 30 times in the past decade for long stays and married (and divorced) a Peruvian woman, be very careful. I have friends who married Peruvians and have happy families, but others have horror stories. I know from experience that women looking for a foreign husband are common, but that does not mean that all are that way. Sharing her challenges in life might actually be a good thing in that she trusts you.
tomsax
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tomsax » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:51 am

Alan is right in that many of us have wonderful Peruvian wives/girlfriends.

For me the big question is why she is mentioning her financial difficulties. Is she just being honest as others have suggested or is this a cynical attempt to persuade you to help her.

I think many Peruvian women are attracted to men who have better economic prospects than them and who can blame them but if that is the overriding attraction I would be worried for you. Another thing to be aware of is that another way cynicism can manifest is by girls keeping a number of online relationships going at the same time. Be wary of this but also don't be hard on yourself by just assuming that this can be the only reason she is attracted to you or keeps the relationship going with you.

Another visit will help you decide what is going on here. In my experience little things give thins away and you can usually tell who are the girls who really have so much going for them and those that don't.
Tom
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:35 am

Teachers make a decent wage in Peru so she should be to survive on her wage unless she has several children and other relatives to support. But Peruvians who live of the minimum wage have to do that as well and they manage and don't get handouts.

If you don't see yourself living in Lima, then you will have to marry her if you want to live with her in the US. If she's like you over 40 then there will be less chance that she will do a runner after arriving in the US but things can sour too if for example she wants you to bring her children over which she first claimed not to have or milks you dry by asking money to send to her relatives in Peru because of invented hospital bills, debts and other financial commitments.
If I were you then if you really like her, then I will live with her in Peru for a while to get to know her better.

That she's telling you about her financial problems is just a way of asking you for money indirectly. If you only offer her advice. Then she will call you ''tacano''. Next step might be that she will ask you to ''borrow'' her money and promise you to pay it back which she will never do.

A trick you can do is, post another profile on the website you know her from but with another name and picture and get in touch with her. Ask her questions and compare them to what she answered to you in your original profile. If in her original profile, she claimed not to have any children, then in your second profile, you say that you like to meet someone who has children. (Suddenly, she might have children)

You said that you will see her again in September. With your second profile, you might also tell her that you will travel to Peru in September and in your second profile you pretend to be the kind of guy who likes to spend money and has a good time but without the intention of having a long term relationship but just looking for a girlfriend you want to spend some money on and help out so now and then financially.

Then you will see what her intentions are and what she's after.

I did this a few times. You should give it a try. You might be shocked what you find out.
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm

bigdaddy wrote:
Alpineprince wrote:
bigdaddy wrote:
Alpineprince wrote:When I married my wife, she was beautiful and only 21, I was 50. 14 years and two children later, she is still young and beautiful!

Okay, so it worked out for you. But other than the children, what could a 50 y/o possibly have in common with someone 21?
Other than financial reasons, why would she be attracted to someone old enough to be her daddy?

Probably, she was 21 and looked 31 and he was 50 and looked 39. So, no big issue.

When I've met my gf, I was 33 and she was 28. But we both looked 30.
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Looks are only part of the equation. There's a generation gap and a cultural gap that's even more important.
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:01 am

Formidable 1 wrote:Looks are only part of the equation. There's a generation gap and a cultural gap that's even more important.

...and a financial gap.

In May, I was in the Philippines. I saw fat, old, bold foreigners walking around with 18-19 year old model looking girls. I also saw foreigners in their 30's and 40's covered in tattoos, scars of injections and a beer can in one hand and a stunning young girls in their other hand hanging around the shopping mall.
Many parents are forcing their daughters to have a relationship with a foreigner so they can be supported and bring money home.
There are also many girls that are lazy and just want to live of the back of some foreigner instead of looking for a job.
7hetexsun

Postby 7hetexsun » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:41 am

Cactus fan wrote:Teachers make a decent wage in Peru so she should be to survive on her wage unless she has several children and other relatives to support. But Peruvians who live of the minimum wage have to do that as well and they manage and don't get handouts.

If you don't see yourself living in Lima, then you will have to marry her if you want to live with her in the US. If she's like you over 40 then there will be less chance that she will do a runner after arriving in the US but things can sour too if for example she wants you to bring her children over which she first claimed not to have or milks you dry by asking money to send to her relatives in Peru because of invented hospital bills, debts and other financial commitments.
If I were you then if you really like her, then I will live with her in Peru for a while to get to know her better.

That she's telling you about her financial problems is just a way of asking you for money indirectly. If you only offer her advice. Then she will call you ''tacano''. Next step might be that she will ask you to ''borrow'' her money and promise you to pay it back which she will never do.

A trick you can do is, post another profile on the website you know her from but with another name and picture and get in touch with her. Ask her questions and compare them to what she answered to you in your original profile. If in her original profile, she claimed not to have any children, then in your second profile, you say that you like to meet someone who has children. (Suddenly, she might have children)

You said that you will see her again in September. With your second profile, you might also tell her that you will travel to Peru in September and in your second profile you pretend to be the kind of guy who likes to spend money and has a good time but without the intention of having a long term relationship but just looking for a girlfriend you want to spend some money on and help out so now and then financially.

Then you will see what her intentions are and what she's after.

I did this a few times. You should give it a try. You might be shocked what you find out.

I want to thank everyone for their replies. Very helpful and a variety of advice, which I like. I tried your idea. She doesn't have a profile on that site anymore. I used the search function and varied filters for location age and so forth. She just isn't there.
I know that some of you live in Peru and are well aware of the teachers strike. At the time she mentioned her financial issues, it was in anticipation of a few weeks with little to know income. Not trying to justify her trolling for some greenbacks, I'm sure lots of single income teachers with children are even worse off than she is.
Going to pay her another visit in September. What's the worse that can happen? It will cost me a couple of grand and I'll have a good time. Once again, thanks all!
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigdaddy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:37 am

Going to pay her another visit in September. What's the worse that can happen? It will cost me a couple of grand and I'll have a good time. Once again, thanks all![/quote]

Well, the worse that can happen is you'll be out of a couple of grand but if you have disposable income, then go for it.
Large and in charge!
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:33 pm

7hetexsun wrote:I want to thank everyone for their replies. Very helpful and a variety of advice, which I like. I tried your idea. She doesn't have a profile on that site anymore. I used the search function and varied filters for location age and so forth. She just isn't there.
I know that some of you live in Peru and are well aware of the teachers strike. At the time she mentioned her financial issues, it was in anticipation of a few weeks with little to know income. Not trying to justify her trolling for some greenbacks, I'm sure lots of single income teachers with children are even worse off than she is.
Going to pay her another visit in September. What's the worse that can happen? It will cost me a couple of grand and I'll have a good time. Once again, thanks all!

In Peru, teacher is a job that pays well. And people who get paid well, always want more, more and mooooore...

Stay clear of the girls that live in expensive areas. They are spoiled and are just after money.

Girls from the poor districts of Lima or the provinces are genuine, honest and more reliable.

My gf is from one of the poorest districts of Lima. When I met her, she was making 550 soles a month, working 6 days a week, 12 hours a day at a shop. And half of that money, she had to give to her mother as she didn't work and needed expensive medication. On her only day off in the week, she had to clean the house and wash her clothes and the ones of her mother.
She never asked me for money and declined money when I offered to help her out when she needed money to pay for a training course of clothes.
When we first dated, when I asked for the bill in a restaurant. She asked me if everything was OK. Like she was offering to pay her part.

We now live in Switzerland. I paid for her visa and flight to get her here but although I offered it to her as her Christmas present, she insisted to pay it back, which she did after she got a job. And her nett salary is only $3750 a month working as a check in agent at the airport.
She always tell me that she's not like other Peruvian women who are only after gringos to get a visa and steal their money.

7hexinthesun,
if I were you, I will drop that woman you've met. She was begging for money when she told you that she has money problems. And as a teacher, she already makes a high wage. I won't be surprised that she isn't a teacher but just used that title to gain your trust that she's somehow educated and has some status.
My gf only made 550 soles a month when she was working in a shop in Miraflores and a 2 hours commute to go back home after a 12 hours shift and was happy with that. And she admitted that she had to stop going to school after her mother got sick and she had to get a job to support her. The house she lived in was made of bricks, bare bricks walls, unpainted inside the house, the house has a corrugated steel roof so badly installed that it leaked when it was raining. Concrete floor and the electricity cables are hanging loose around the home. Only cold water to take a shower. Washing clothes by hand. No kitchen stove but a gas bottle and a gaspit. No curtains in front of the window. Old blankets. Rusted metal bars in front of the broken glass windows.
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:19 am

Cactus fan wrote:
7hetexsun wrote:I want to thank everyone for their replies. Very helpful and a variety of advice, which I like. I tried your idea. She doesn't have a profile on that site anymore. I used the search function and varied filters for location age and so forth. She just isn't there.

In Peru, teacher is a job that pays well. And people who get paid well, always want more, more and mooooore...

Stay clear of the girls that live in expensive areas. They are spoiled and are just after money.

Most girls from the poor districts of Lima or the provinces are genuine, honest and more reliable.

My gf is from one of the poorest districts of Lima. When I met her, she was making 550 soles a month, working 6 days a week, 12 hours a day at a shop. And half of that money, she had to give to her mother as she didn't work and needed expensive medication. On her only day off in the week, she had to clean the house and wash her clothes and the ones of her mother.
She never asked me for money and declined money when I offered to help her out when she needed money to pay for a training course of clothes.
When we first dated, when I asked for the bill in a restaurant. She asked me if everything was OK. Like she was offering to pay her part.

We now live in Switzerland. I paid for her visa and flight to get her here but although I offered it to her as her Christmas present, she insisted to pay it back, which she did after she got a job. And her nett salary is only $3750 a month working as a check in agent at the airport.
She always tell me that she's not like other Peruvian women who are only after gringos to get a visa and steal their money.

My gf only made 550 soles a month when she was working in a shop in Miraflores and a 2 hours commute to go back home after a 12 hours shift and was happy with that. And she admitted that she had to stop going to school after her mother got sick and she had to get a job to support her. The house she lived in was made of bricks, bare bricks walls, unpainted inside the house, the house has a corrugated steel roof so badly installed that it leaked when it was raining. Concrete floor and the electricity cables are hanging loose around the home. Only cold water to take a shower. Washing clothes by hand. No kitchen stove but a gas bottle and a gaspit. No curtains in front of the window. Old blankets. Rusted metal bars in front of the broken glass windows. In Europe, we will call it a slum house but in Peru it's how the average home looks like.

7hexinthesun,
if I were you, I will drop that woman you've met. She was begging for money when she told you that she has money problems. And as a teacher, she already makes a high wage. I won't be surprised that she isn't a teacher but just used that title to gain your trust that she's somehow educated and has some status.

Don't look for women on those dating websites or even worser Facebook. It's full of thieves, scammers. And a large number are fake. They aren't even women. There are loads of men putting pictures of beautiful women on those websites and Facebook and then chat up gringos and asked them for money.
The best way to find a gf in Peru is that you travel around and the best place to meet women is in supermarkets and shopping malls. But talk to the ones that are working there. The ones that shop there are rich.
Girls that shop at Mercados have a lower income and are better.
Stay clear of bars and nightclubs. Only hookers or rich spoiled girls hang out in those places and they have dodgy friends. The nice girls that work for a low income can't afford to hang out in the bar scene as they work 6 days a week and on their day off they have to clean the home, wash their clothes and shop for the bare necessities. Mostly at the mercado.
Andywalters
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Andywalters » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:47 pm

not averse to a little generalisation and/or exaggeration are you Cactus?!!
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Andywalters wrote:not averse to a little generalisation and/or exaggeration are you Cactus?!!

I've met many Peruvian women. All of them were married to a foreigner and ALL of them got divorced shortly after getting their permanent residence permit.
They all told me that there husband thought he could cut corners because they should have felt like they are lucky that they could leave the country because they married them.

The good thing is that Peruvians no longer need a visa to go abroad so those women abusers can't take advantage of Peruvian women anymore.
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Cactus is right. Then you have these creeps that try to extort money out of these women.
As in, "I'll marry you and you'll get permanent residency but it's gonna cost you a few thousand dollars for me to marry you".
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Formidable 1 wrote:Cactus is right. Then you have these creeps that try to extort money out of these women.
As in, "I'll marry you and you'll get permanent residency but it's gonna cost you a few thousand dollars for me to marry you".

Loads of men that are looking for a partner abroad have issues. That's why they can't find a partner in their own country.
A Peruvian friend of mine got married to a foreigner. A nice guy, had some money, treated her nice and she moved to Europe to live with him. But then he often left home, stayed away all night, although he had a job, she had to pay the rent and all other bills. The truth was, he had a gambling addiction and used drugs.

In May, I was in the Philippines, I saw loads of (creepy) men walking around the shopping malls with their beautiful girlfriend. I am sure that when they marry the girl and take her to their home country, she will do a runner upon arrival.

Filipino friends of mine told me that this type of girls are lazy or dodgy. Young women easily can find a job. They won't get paid a lot but they can study after work and get a better job or get a small loan and government assistance to set up a business.
But to get government assistance, you must have a clean criminal record and have finished high school.

Till years ago, men could get away with that and easily could pick up decent women abroad. But now, with the internet and social media, women become more wary and careful. Loads of women get abused and murdered by their foreign husbands.

The Joran Vandersloot case isn't a good billboard for foreigners looking for a Peruvian partner either.
Andywalters
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Andywalters » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:17 am

ok Cactus, you`ve gone from generalisation to being quite offensive....a lot of people on this forum have Peruvian wives/husbands and are happily married. i met my wife whilst on holiday and previously had no problem, as you say, getting a partner in my own country but fell in love with my wife here, it was far from ideal as I gave up equity in a company and had to uproot to move here but it was worth it.

"Loads of women get abused and murdered by their foreign husbands" is possibly the winner of the most stupid thing I have read on this or any forum, loads, really, is that why you are quoting the single most high profile case of that occurring here and a mere 7 years ago, I assure you that there is plenty more abuse by Peruvians than foreigners hence the "ni una menos" campaign.
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Andywalters wrote:ok Cactus, you`ve gone from generalisation to being quite offensive....a lot of people on this forum have Peruvian wives/husbands and are happily married. i met my wife whilst on holiday and previously had no problem, as you say, getting a partner in my own country but fell in love with my wife here, it was far from ideal as I gave up equity in a company and had to uproot to move here but it was worth it.

My gf is Peruvian. We are together since 2009. We now live in Switzerland. In 2009, I went to Peru for a vacation. I met my gf during that vacation. I had a minimum wage job which I was about to lose in Europe. A few months months later, I lost my job. I stuffed all my belongings in one suitcase and flew to Lima. I rented a cheap room with shared bathroom and kitchen. My gf joined me. I found a job at a cheap restaurant. After 1 year, my gf and I started up a lavanderia with one washing machine and one dryer in a garage we rented . We slept on a filthy mattress in our lavanderia. We shared a 3 soles menu. I ate the soup, my gf the main course. We worked 16 hours a day. But we were happy. We were independent and free...and in love.

But my gf her parents were refugees from the provinces. They worked and earned the minimum wage. Real and honest people. My gf grew up in one of the poorest districts of Lima. That's why she's very honest.
Last edited by Cactus fan on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Cactus fan wrote: ... my gf and I started up a lavanderia with one washing machine and one dryer in a garage we rented

The hurricane chichi (euroman) has arrived. :)
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:38 pm

FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:22 pm

ChiChi == Euroman == Cactus Fan ???
Andywalters
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Andywalters » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:53 pm

hahaha FDiH I was thinking the same thing only the other night....deffo has echoes of Chi Chi
Andywalters
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Andywalters » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Fanning, two, or in this case 4, swallows does not a summer make....I was not saying that murders by foreigners didn`t occur, simply that Eurochifan was overstating his case and that "loads" is an exaggeration (although without quantifying how many "loads" is I can`t be sure) and they are much higher profile cases becasue of their nature....how many Peruvian on Peruvian murders/beatings occur, I don`t know but I would hazard a guess it is "loads" more?
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Andywalters wrote:Fanning, two, or in this case 4, swallows does not a summer make....I was not saying that murders by foreigners didn`t occur, simply that Eurochifan was overstating his case and that "loads" is an exaggeration (although without quantifying how many "loads" is I can`t be sure) and they are much higher profile cases becasue of their nature....how many Peruvian on Peruvian murders/beatings occur, I don`t know but I would hazard a guess it is "loads" more?

It's always more than you hear about or what you read in the newspapers. Many criminals never get caught or bribe their way out of trouble.
It's so easy to travel in and out of Peru. No background checks are done on foreigners arriving in the country. Few people need visas.
And as the biggest cocaine producer in the world, Peru attracts a lot of undesirables.
Carol

Postby Carol » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:51 pm

Hello :)

I read good and bad comments and i feel so upset about these women who wants to take advantage of money and marriage. Now most foreigners think ALL peruavian girls are like this.

Not all peruvian girls are in that way. Many girls are honest and they really want to have a serious relationship and to have a family. Some of these girls dont want backpackers who want to spend the time for 1 month and then, after sex, money, food and travel, to leave the country after having a good time because they never had intentions to have a relationship.

Its so unfair!!!! You should know us better. However, i understand why you think in that way. I repeat, it so unfair!!!

Someone wrote this: "Girls from the poor districts of Lima or the provinces are genuine, honest and more reliable"
Are you sure? Im not poor, im not rich. Im from a neighborhood that is neither poor nor rich and i consider myself, genuine, honest and more reliable.

Anyway, Im so glad that some people here found honest and hard-working ladies in Perú who worth it.

By the way, im sorry for my english :(

Have a nice day :D
Justintid92

Postby Justintid92 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:05 pm

I would run for the hills. I'm currently dating a woman from arequipa. Same situation. Met on a dating site a year ago and We've been talking ever since. Finally met her last month and she never brought up anything about money. Only saying men here are ugly and gross. She does model part time and when she does work... a week of her modeling is a month of what I get paid. She just got a 2 story house built and wants me to move in with her.
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Justintid92 wrote:a week of her modeling is a month of what I get paid.

What kind of 'modeling'? :wink:
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigdaddy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Justintid92 wrote:I would run for the hills. I'm currently dating a woman from arequipa. Same situation. Met on a dating site a year ago and We've been talking ever since. Finally met her last month and she never brought up anything about money. Only saying men here are ugly and gross. She does model part time and when she does work... a week of her modeling is a month of what I get paid. She just got a 2 story house built and wants me to move in with her.

Sounds like you got it made, dude.
A model with cash and a house.
I'd say start packing.
Large and in charge!
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:39 pm

bigdaddy wrote:
Justintid92 wrote:I would run for the hills. I'm currently dating a woman from arequipa. Same situation. Met on a dating site a year ago and We've been talking ever since. Finally met her last month and she never brought up anything about money. Only saying men here are ugly and gross. She does model part time and when she does work... a week of her modeling is a month of what I get paid. She just got a 2 story house built and wants me to move in with her.

I'd say start packing.

She might be a 'chica con sorpresa'.
perra

Postby perra » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:52 am

Cactus fan wrote:
bigdaddy wrote:

I'd say start packing.

She might be a 'chica con sorpresa'.

She might not be real. Seeing as u invented her and all.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register