INTERNATIONAL DRIVERS LICENSE

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
DC_20833
Gold Member
Gold Member

INTERNATIONAL DRIVERS LICENSE

Postby DC_20833 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:08 am

Well I finally did it I got my Peruvian Drivers License. This is a real accomplishment for me I had no problem with the Road Test the problem was written exam because I did not read a lot of Spanish. After some hard study and a good tutor I finally read enough to pass the written exam and went for the road test and passed that the first time. My Peruvian wife explained to guy giving the road test that Spanish was not my native language so to please talk slowly to me and he cooperated.

I now need to know how do I get a International Driver's License in Peru? Does anybody have a clue?

bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: INTERNATIONAL DRIVERS LICENSE

Postby bigdaddy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:14 am

DC_20833 wrote:Well I finally did it I got my Peruvian Drivers License. This is a real accomplishment for me I had no problem with the Road Test the problem was written exam because I did not read a lot of Spanish. After some hard study and a good tutor I finally read enough to pass the written exam and went for the road test and passed that the first time. My Peruvian wife explained to guy giving the road test that Spanish was not my native language so to please talk slowly to me and he cooperated.

I now need to know how do I get a International Driver's License in Peru? Does anybody have a clue?

Congrats!
So now that you can drive, you won't have to worry about those taxi drivers trying to rip you off.
Assuming you own a car, of course.
Large and in charge!
DC_20833
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: INTERNATIONAL DRIVERS LICENSE

Postby DC_20833 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:35 am

bigdaddy wrote:
Congrats!
So now that you can drive, you won't have to worry about those taxi drivers trying to rip you off.
Assuming you own a car, of course.

My wife owns a car but don't expect me to drive it in Lima or anywhere in Peru. I got the license so I can rent a car when I travel to places where people drive normally.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register