Help with Ficha de Canje

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:52 am

Help with Ficha de Canje

Postby Pachacuti55 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:57 am

Hello all,

I have to go through Interpol (again after two years) to change my Working Visa to Married. My big question now is, if the Acta de Matrimonio has to be legalized or if it can be a normal photocopy. I found different answers in Internet, some say a normal copy is enough, some say I need a stamp from the Reniec and some think I might need a copy legalized by a notary. I have the same question about the copy of my husbands DNi, does it have to be legalized copy or not? I tried sending an E-Mail to Interpol and calling them, but both did not really work.

Thanks a ton for your help!

Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:20 am

Re: Help with Ficha de Canje

Postby cassandra » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:47 am

I know that all documents have to be current within 3 months. If you have received your marriage certificate directly from Reniec, this is already certified. There is no more work required to make it valid for use in any agency or ministry. DNI, i don't know. If I remember correctly , we did legalize his DNI... its better to do it. it just takes a moment. I think it cost us 45 soles.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register