Criminal Record Check

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
jb1234

Criminal Record Check

Postby jb1234 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:12 am

Hi Everyone

Having just left Peru, with no mention from our employer that we should leave Peru with a Criminal Record Check (CRB), we've been told a potential employer outside of Peru that we need a CRB from Peru. More of a problem than if we were there but, I guess that gives us 2 options.
1. Apply from outside the country - is this possible? Direct to the Poder Judicial? Or can it be done through an agency, & if so, does anyone know of one that can do it for us?
2. Return to Peru & get it done - where would we get it done? how long would it take?

Regards
J&C

Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Criminal Record Check

Postby Cactus fan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:55 pm

It's easy and you get it on the spot.

I went to the Poder Judicial in Arequipa. I brought the payment receipt for S/.52.80 after paying the fee at El Banco de la Nacion and had to bring my passport and a passport size photograph. It took less than 10 minutes.
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:37 am

There are 2 police certificates in Peru:

antecedentes policiales: you have to go to central police station in San Isidro, they will fingerprint you, make pictures, verify your teeth and so on (more deep than doing the interpol).

antecedentes penales: you go to poder judicial in centro de Lima, they will register your request, take a picture of you and finger print and then print it for you

Both require filling a form and paying in advance at banco de la nacion. Do not forget to apostille them, THEN also translate them IN LIMA, and then apostille the translation again IN LIMA! Otherwise they will be of no use for you outside of Peru.

I would get both if I were you. And get always 2 copies of that (need to pay 2x).

When I did the first one, they checked me and printed the certificate (it then needs to be signed by the Coronell of the station and takes about 1 week) and idk why but my face was looking strange when I saw "no registers crimes" and the guy doing the task looked at me and said: "hm, not happy that you have nothing on file? Oh we can put something beautiful there if you like!" and so I said "oh, if you could put mass assassin and serial murder that would be fine for me, otherwise you are not respected in this country!" - that made their day....
Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:37 pm

"verify your teeth"

What's that?
Count the number of chompers you have?
What if you got dentures?
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:"verify your teeth"

What's that?

they will put you on a dentist chair and look into your mouth, and then make notices about it. You can try the procedure asking for the certificate. Your best option to avoid it, is to no have any teeth at all :P

And I forgot: if you are looking suspicious they will take you to another place and make pictures of your naked body to archive it (suppose to see tatoos, scars etc).
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 pm

mrsteak wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:"verify your teeth"

What's that?

they will put you on a dentist chair and look into your mouth, and then make notices about it. You can try the procedure asking for the certificate. Your best option to avoid it, is to no have any teeth at all :P

And I forgot: if you are looking suspicious they will take you to another place and make pictures of your naked body to archive it (suppose to see tatoos, scars etc).

To archive it or possible use it for extortion purposes.
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Formidable 1 wrote:To archive it or possible use it for extortion purposes.

please explain it... :?:
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:47 pm

mrsteak wrote:
Formidable 1 wrote:To archive it or possible use it for extortion purposes.

please explain it... :?:

Take photos of people in the nude then threaten to post them on the internet if they don't pay them a propina.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register