Peru : November inflation was the lowest since 2010

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peru : November inflation was the lowest since 2010

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Yeah... such flow of good news should always make you sceptic, especially when you then look at your Plaza Vea bill, or the Luz del Sur bill..... and you see everything is going up 20%. Look how much more you pay now even for the bread compared to year before.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:24 pm

There is no solid reason to began to doubt on the quality of the information given by the Central Bank - BCR . They are very professional on the work they do
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:56 pm

windsportinperu wrote:There is no solid reason to began to doubt on the quality of the information given by the Central Bank - BCR . They are very professional on the work they do

Yeah... same as FED and ECB... look at their predictions for the last 10 years and you know what it is about.

I have no doubts when I look at our bills, it tells me everything. But you can believe into 1% inflation, no problem. The problem is that your outcome in real life usually does not depend on what you believe into. :mrgreen:
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:20 pm

and.... even more fake news under your news:

https://peru.com/actualidad/economia-y-finanzas/ocde-estima-que-peru-pais-ingresos-altos-2029-noticia-545343?ref=te_puede_interesar&ft=internas

so in their opinion, Peru will be lets say at the level of some european countries in around 10 years.... YEAH! I BELIEVE IT, but I just lack the faith :mrgreen: Peru in 11 years lets say looking close to Spain? Maybe Slovakia? Close to Romania maybe??

Do these guys really know what they talk about? In my opinion you cannot fix Lima another way than razing it with a bulldozer and rebuilding everything from scratch. A country with so broken infrastructure can never be and never will be a country with high salaries. Not on average. No way for the next 50 years. You cannot generate revenue from broken infrastructure. People loosing 2 hrs every day just trying to get from La Molina to San Isidro and back means lost revenue. Yeah. Too much is lost here in bad business. Every day. And it will not change soon.
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:31 pm

If you want to study real data, this website gives you some real life impressions about mostly any country in the world:

https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/country_result.jsp?country=Peru

Just get your own conclusions. The data is based on broad user base input and not from any gov or other lobby biased institution. I trust statistics based on lot of samples. Asking 1000 people and averaging the data will give you quite accurate results.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:46 pm

mrsteak wrote: Do these guys really know what they talk about?

Of course ! = OECD

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organizac ... C3%B3micos

Any Organization that not qualify to "prove" your ideas is bashed !
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:00 pm

windsportinperu: let me ask another way:

what is the way, do you think, for Peru, to get a quality of life like lets say Hungary (I do not want to poke to high :mrgreen: ). That is a country of the bottom of "developed" countries in the European Union. Did you visit Hungary any time recently? I did in the last 5 years.

What is the business model of Peru for the next 11 years, to become a high salaried country and get a reasonable quality of life like lets say Hungary (bottom of EU)? Please list the industries in Peru that will compete on international markets in the next 11 years:

exercise for you :?:
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 pm

mrsteak wrote: People loosing 2 hrs every day just trying to get from La Molina to San Isidro and back means lost revenue. Yeah. Too much is lost here in bad business. Every day. And it will not change soon.

We have to be pacient and wait for the new subway System in the City . Lines as 2, 3, 4 ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oicmEYguRm0
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:07 pm

windsportinperu wrote:
mrsteak wrote: People loosing 2 hrs every day just trying to get from La Molina to San Isidro and back means lost revenue. Yeah. Too much is lost here in bad business. Every day. And it will not change soon.

We have to be pacient and wait for the new subway System in the City . Lines as 2, 3, 4 ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oicmEYguRm0

If not half the money disappears into the pockets of the alcalde... like it did with the water plant of Atarea.... In my opinion it is futile to wait for anything in Lima. Or you will be waiting all your life just for baby steps.
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:13 pm

windsportinperu: I can hardly see how Peru can compete with anything, except exporting minerals, some clothes and foods / speciality products (quinoa etc). Peruvian products hardly compete even on the peruvian market with cheap imported stuff from China (just check out Sodimac.... furnitures: from Brasil... etc etc). It will never industrialize, coz it is already in the tail. Peruvian market is being filled with cheap stuff from China, Brasil, Mexico. Nothing serious is and will be manufactured in this country.

The cheap money the banks gave to mostly everyone to buy his home in Lima is running out... slowly. Then we will see what happens next.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Perú is not an industrialized country and probably will never be.

1º Fishing Industry : take your time to read the data, and please do not make up the fake story that peruvian fishes are with Salmonella :)

https://elcomercio.pe/economia/exportac ... ero-422574
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:21 pm

mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 pm

windsportinperu wrote:Perú is not an industrialized country and probably will never be.

1º Fishing Industry : take your time to read the data, and please do not make up the fake story that peruvian fishes are with Salmonella :)

https://elcomercio.pe/economia/exportac ... ero-422574

yeah... so you basically contradict yourself :?: you say I bash OECD, coz they say Peru will be a "high salaried country" - this is equivalent to saying it WILL be industrialized. There are no high salaried countries that are not developed in some way (one more than the other).

Peruvian fish is not with salmonella, however, the oceans are heavily overfished already. Peruvian waters too. Fishing industry is not looking good for the next 20 years. What about Fukushima in the Pacific? I prefer Atlantic fish honestly. Even if the radioactivity is not (yet) dangerous here in Peru, there IS some. Not blaming Peru for that, but if I have the choice: fish with Fukushima inside OR fish without Fukushima, I take the later :mrgreen:
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:26 pm

windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 pm

mrsteak wrote: yeah... so you basically contradict yourself :?: you say I bash OECD, coz they say Peru will be a "high salaried country" - this is equivalent to saying it WILL be industrialized.

Industralized making cars, refrigerators, or high tech industry.. It is what I mean as Japan, EU, China.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Fine Woods as Ceder and Mahogany.. but it do need more regulation

https://peru21.pe/economia/fao-peru-pot ... tal-119679
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 pm

windsportinperu: those guys are like "oh yeah we have cut half of the rain forest and exported a record amount of wood!!!" - until there is no rain forest anymore. Got my point? :mrgreen:
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 pm

windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:38 pm

mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:39 pm

windsportinperu: ALL countries are actually going down. Some slower than the others. Just bet on the right one.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... -potential

:shock:

it won't be better.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 pm

mrsteak wrote:windsportinperu: those guys are like "oh yeah we have cut half of the rain forest and exported a record amount of wood!!!" - until there is no rain forest anymore. Got my point? :mrgreen:

First time we agree .. You are making improvements !
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:48 pm

windsportinperu:

I told you actually everything you need to know. I refuse to write more comments without the presence of my lawyer (we're used to say this in my country LOL) :mrgreen:
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:50 pm

mrsteak wrote:windsportinperu:

I told you actually everything you need to know. I refuse to write more comments without the presence of my lawyer (we're used to say this in my country LOL) :mrgreen:

:lol:
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:17 pm

I'm paying 20% more now for bread in Wong, than I was paying in December 2016....

100.000 dollar question: conclusion?
eugene.in.peru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby eugene.in.peru » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Dollar seems to be going up against Sol, fingers crossed. Maybe 3.75 sol to USD soon?
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:39 pm

Nuevo Sol will become cheaper soon. See my other thread. :mrgreen:
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Good news.. Peru had the lowest inflation

http://larepublica.pe/economia/1165860- ... no-costero
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:18 pm

Fake news!

the article contradicts itself. Empleo informal is rising - so how they want to measure inflation if not even the level of salaries is understood in this country.

@windsporting Peru: those news are aimed at people with average IQ of 80 or so, I assume you do not belong to that group do you?!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Relax, it is real news. Made by professionals. They know what they are doing.

Did you see the last graphics ? Peru had the second lowest inflation in South America during 2017
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 pm

Exactly! Those people know what they are doing manipulating the numbers to keep the sheeps calm :mrgreen:
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:53 pm

Perú had the second lowest inflation in South America

Does this good news makes you happy ? or .......... maybe sad ? :D
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:00 pm

windsportinperu wrote:Perú had the second lowest inflation in South America

Does this good news makes you happy ? or .......... maybe sad ? :D

none of both, I just do not believe any news, especially when they are against my daily experience. Inflation data, employment data, economic data are heavily manipulated in the western world and so I do not believe anything. The "tricks" used in 5th world countries are even easier to comprehend.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:20 pm

It is true that sometimes information is manipulated, but your level of distrust in the Western Governments amaze me

There is no solid evidence that support your position. Just leave to rest for a while your subjective distrust and check the objective figures.
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 pm

windsportinperu wrote:It is true that sometimes information is manipulated, but your level of distrust in the Western Governments amaze me

There is no solid evidence that support your position. Just leave to rest for a while your subjective distrust and check the objective figures.

Where you get your "objective" figures from?

I have lot of examples how public opinion has been manipulated e.g. in the EU. Same as lot of economic data always was and still is being manipulated. Best example Greece before allowed to adopt the €. And this is only a tip of iceberg. Humanity lives in a fake world.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:36 pm

In the specific case of the reduction of inflation of Peru during 2017 one of the objective reason is the reduction of money-exchange ( $ versus S/. ) This lower cost of dollar resulted in a lower cost of imported goods

We have to take into consideration that Peru has widespread areas for obtaining crops . Even though the floods during March 2017, had 1/4 of the whole country paralyzed; the rest of the country could maintain an affordable cost of food (with the exception of Lemon)
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:43 pm

windsportinperu wrote:In the specific case of the reduction of inflation of Peru during 2017 one of the objective reason is the reduction of money-exchange ( $ versus S/. ) This lower cost of dollar resulted in a lower cost of imported goods

the chart of PEN vs USD says something else... PEN is still scheduled to devaluate. However, not everyone is "scheduled" to see it in advance :mrgreen:
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:51 pm

mrsteak wrote: Humanity lives in a fake world.

We see the World according to the color of our soul and mind.

I do not want to go off topic, but maybe this video could be interesting .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XFLTDQ4JMk
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 am

Surprisingly, just because inflation figures don't match up with personal experience doesn't make them a lie. Inflation figures in Peru are heavily weighted for basic food items, and these have not moved very much at all over the years. On the other hand, items such as education, health serices and rental properties have increased a lot --- more than the average reflected in the annual inflation figures.

In other words, the richer urban classes who spend for things like education, health care and rent really do feel a higher inflation than Peru's poor and lower middle class whose consumption basket has a much heavier weight of food. Inflation figures are an average.
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:26 pm

@Alan: falling interested rates in PEN suggest rising inflation, in contrary to these fake news articles.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:48 pm

Interest rates are also based on general liquidity in the system and country risk factors. Both have improved over the past twenty years.
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Alan: nope. Inflation and interest rates are reciprocally correlated.

Interest rates down => inflation up.
Interest rates up => inflation down.

By same reason there was plenty of inflation in the EU, as ECB kept the rates close to 0%.

Now they say inflation continuously going down in Peru, same as interest rates (you can look it up). Does not sum up. Peru is a miracle country (it is upside down here LOL).
gerard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gerard » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:16 pm

mrsteak wrote:Alan: nope. Inflation and interest rates are reciprocally correlated. Interest rates down => inflation up.Interest rates up => inflation down.

That's a rather simplistic view. Lending rates in Peru are typically very high compared to Europe. There's a large scope to reduce them before they become inflationary.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:23 pm

By the way, Spain has one of the highest inflation in Europe
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:27 pm

windsportinperu wrote:By the way, Spain has one of the highest inflation in Europe

All EU zone has around 7-8% of inflation, despite the official figures saying it is 1.2% or so. Just manipulated crap, not even worth reading it. The best indicator for me is the energy price. Assume the inflation is at least as high as the increase in kWh price - then you are already close to the truth.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Argentina is amazed with very low inflation in Peru and Ecuador !

Argentina Inflation = 25.4% .. Peru 1.4%

Fuerza Argentina, the land of great south american people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43NR2VYMPBQ

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register