Help ! Tax form for worker carnet if leaving Peru !

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Englishsettler
Silver Member
Silver Member

Help ! Tax form for worker carnet if leaving Peru !

Postby Englishsettler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi folks. I was originally within my 180 days I got when I entered as a tourist. I then came across a foreign company who I wanted to work with. We signed a contract in November and now I have my worker carnet from late November. However, whilst the contract says im going to receive an income im not. It's all fizzled out and im not having any dealings with them. So if I leave then what do I do ???

69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Help ! Tax form for worker carnet if leaving Peru !

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Don't let the door hit you in the back on the way out?
Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Englishsettler wrote:Hi folks. I was originally within my 180 days I got when I entered as a tourist. I then came across a foreign company who I wanted to work with. We signed a contract in November and now I have my worker carnet from late November. However, whilst the contract says im going to receive an income im not. It's all fizzled out and im not having any dealings with them. So if I leave then what do I do ???

Sounds to me like you need an attorney.
You (we) signed a contract sounds like grounds for a lawsuit.
Don't let those chumps walk all over you like a doormat.
Stand up for your rights.
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Englishsettler wrote:Hi folks. I was originally within my 180 days I got when I entered as a tourist. I then came across a foreign company who I wanted to work with. We signed a contract in November and now I have my worker carnet from late November. However, whilst the contract says im going to receive an income im not. It's all fizzled out and im not having any dealings with them. So if I leave then what do I do ???

They may have used you just as a "ghost worker" to get "deductions" and such stuff approved by SUNAT, so basically to somehow get their money out of the company. But you will never see a cent. It is happening frequently in Peru. At the end, they will come over you why the taxes were unpaid.... and you may be unable to leave the country until the company puts everything in order and gives you a paper saying they have paid all due to the gov....
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:06 pm

You should resign from the company, get your beneficios sociales, and a statement of Renta 5ta.
As you no longer work for the company you should cancel your work permit, as it is based on working for that particular company. You can always reenter Peru as a tourist, but you cannot work
Englishsettler
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Englishsettler » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Someone told me I can fill out form F1495 myself to state i haven't done anything activities which havent brought income to me.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register