Answers to your qestions about moving to and living in Peru,

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

Wiracocha
Silver Member
Silver Member

LATEST INTERPOL PROCEDURE

Postby Wiracocha » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:11 pm

G'day all,

Today I went to Interpol to do another Interpol check for my new carnet application to Migraciones. Last time at Interpol was November 2017. That "Interpol check" letter is only good for 6 months according to Migraciones ...would you believe??!!! :-( and I have been in Peru all the time since last check. It's the "law"I was told. Not logical to me.
Anywayyy....
My MAIN POINT is...the Interpol letter, for Migraciones, is handed out within an hour of the completion of fingerprinting,dental etc. on the day.
Previously, one had to return to Interpol in one week to receive that letter. I don't know how long this has been happening, but is a good thing.
Cheers,
Wiracocha.

Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LATEST INTERPOL PROCEDURE

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:29 pm

Thanks for the update.
I got a buddy who would like to go that route but he's got a bit of a sketchy past and he's terrified about what Interpol would find with the fingerprints and background check.
Actually, it's more of a case of not wanting his significant other to discover his past life.
I guess that's what made doing the border hoppity hop hop so desirable especially to individuals with a few transgressions.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register