Interpol background check needed for visa <1 year?

Answers to your qestions about moving to and living in Peru,

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

geerace

Interpol background check needed for visa <1 year?

Postby geerace » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Hello, I am living in Lima for 11 months working on research at a local university. We were made aware of a new visa for investigators and plan to apply in order to stay for 11 consecutive months. While at the Migraciones office, I was told by the woman helping me that if I plan to stay in Peru for less than 1 year I do not need to complete the Interpol background check. My coworker was told she does need the background check. My question is if anyone has experience with what the requirements are for getting the Interpol background check. Is it required if you are applying for a visa of less than 11 months? Any advice in this area would be very helpful. Thanks

69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Interpol background check needed for visa <1 year?

Postby 69roadrunner » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Maybe it is just me but if an official told me a background check was required for a visa, I would comply. What is the big deal?
Not sure but if you find someone at Expat Peru that says oh no you do not need one and you go back to immigration and tell the lady at immigration "Joe Blow over at at expat Peru says you are wrong". How much weight would that carry.
Do what is asked and you will be fine.
Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:44 pm

Hmmm 11<12 so no.
69's comment got me wondering if any official has ever heard of expat Peru?
I'm guessing no.
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Got me wondering why someone is reluctant or find a way around a criminal check.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register