How do I get OH! card?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

How do I get OH! card?

Postby woodchuck » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Getting the credit card OH! is a real "pain in the a**".
You have to have a 2-3 year satisfactory work history; but what if you are an expat & retired?
Are there any other ways you can qualify?
You can get some nice discounts/promotions with the OH! card.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
PS - I imagine the CMR card is similar.

MarcoPE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: How do I get OH! card?

Postby MarcoPE » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:26 pm

As far as I know, you can't. All the store cards I have encountered require Peruvian based income....doesn't matter if you make $10,000 a week from an outside source, if it's not Peruvian based then no card. If there is any way around it, I am sure not aware of it. One plus is with the CMR card...most, if not all of the deals with CMR are available using the CMR debit card so you can just open a bank account and use the debit card at the store (one caveat is that you can't use it for CMR online purchases).
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigdaddy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:36 pm

woodchuck wrote:Getting the credit card OH! is a real "pain in the a**".
You have to have a 2-3 year satisfactory work history; but what if you are an expat & retired?
Are there any other ways you can qualify?
You can get some nice discounts/promotions with the OH! card.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
PS - I imagine the CMR card is similar.

If what Marco said is true then that really blows.
You'd think a steady stream of income even from an outside source would suffice.
Pm sent.
Large and in charge!
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:11 pm

I cancelled my Oh card as I only would qualify for the premium extra plus card, which obligatory came with some nonsense insurance of S/47 every three months. They told me I could cancel it after 2 months and 14 days, but obviously I forgot the exact timeframe they gave me, so ended up paying the nonsense obligatory fee. As they only gave like S/0.20 discounts on shopping in Plaza Vea I decided to cancel the card.
I could not get the standard card, only the premium extra card, the girl who issued it at that time actually got kind of excited about it, as normally her system only issued the standard cards. So having a good credit score in Peru doesn't necessarily mean that you get the cards you actually wanted ..

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register