Help with Carnet de Extranjeria

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
SPDRELEN

Help with Carnet de Extranjeria

Postby SPDRELEN » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:44 am

First off. I am married to a Peruvian. I need to get my CE. Went to my Immigration's with the paper work and without even looking to see what i have, they told me to go to interpol first. The lady had an attitude.. Not sure why. Maybe because the whole building was full of Venezuelans. Not sure! lol. Reading online and alot of people went to Immigration first and got a ticket and after went to Interpol.

I want to make sure i have this correct before i go to Interpol or Immigration (Again). No matter what website i look at they all have different requests. Maybe some are out of date but maybe you can help me

For Both of these, this is what i have. Let me know if this is correct or maybe add or take away paperwork

Interpol
Deposit in Banco de la Nacion S 80.50
2 Passport SIzed Photos
Copy of Passport Front page and Entry Stamp
Original Passport
Marriage Certificate Legalized? (Some websites had this and others didn't)
$18.00 To the Treasury of the USA

--------------------------------------------

CARNET DE EXTRANJERIA

Form F007
Payment to Banco de le nation S 58.93
Copy of passport Legalized by Peruvian Consulate (do i really need it legalized?)
Original Marriage Certificate
Copy of Spouse ID

donadpree

Re: Help with Carnet de Extranjeria

Postby donadpree » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:21 pm

Hello,

Did you get an answer to your questions. I am looking to get the rentista visa, and would like to find a lawyer (good but inexpensive) to help me with the process. Do you have any experience with this?

Thank you.
Captnflex

Postby Captnflex » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:06 pm

On the link below the informations was updated in January 2019:

https://www.perutelegraph.com/peru-info ... ement-visa

The article contains many hyperlink and is very well done.

Hope it does help.
Captnflex

Postby Captnflex » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Make an appointment at Interpol
Once all payments are done and you got your permission to sign contracts, best make first an appointment at Interpol to apply for the so called Ficha de canje internacional.

Since mid-April 2018 this can be done online on the Interpol website. Enter your personal data and information of your payment receipt as required. Check that all your information is correct and there are no spelling mistakes. Best print the filled in form. Choose a time and date. Be aware that all foreigners except Venezuelans are processed at the Interpol office in Surco (Comisaria de Monterrico). Print the confirmation.

The Interpol office in Surco is located on Av. Manuel Olguin block 6 (Comisaria de Monterrico).

On the day of your Interpol appointment arrive at the office 15 to 30 minutes early with all required documents.

The requirements include:

Application form (the one you printed when making the Interpol appointment)
Appointment confirmation
Passport
Copy of the passport page with the personal information and photo
Copy of the passport page with the Peruvian entry stamp
Passport photos (taken in the office)
Receipt for the Interpol clearance (code 08141; fee S/ 80.50)
Envelope, office size
If you are married to a Peruvian: a recent copy of your marriage certificate and copy of the spouse’s DNI
If you are a US American national: an international money order, a so called “Giro sobre el exterior” for the amount of US$ 18.00, made out to "The Treasury of the USA" (you get it at Scotiabank or BCP)
If you are a Canadian national: an international money order, a so called "Giro sobre el exterior" for the amount of CAD$ 26,75, made out to "The Receiver General for Canada"
If you are an Australian national: an international money order, a so called "Giro sobre el exterior" for the amount of AU$ 103.00, made out to "The Australian Federal Police"
Interpol asks to please arrange the documents in this order (but this order changes frequently).

A visit to Interpol in Lima to get the "Ficha de Canje Internacional" is contrary to popular opinion easy though time-consuming, but with the introduction of appointments in mid-April 2018 not so bad anymore. Once there, just wait your turn and then hand in your documents. Additionally passport photos are taken (additional fee of about S/. 10), you are fingerprinted, and your teeth are examined.

The Interpol check usually takes about 5 to 7 working days; if you traveled to Lima from the provinces just for the "ficha", tell them (some sort of proof for example bus or flight ticket is necessary) and they usually have the results ready the next one or two days. Be aware that the clearance has to be picked up. Keep it safe and make a copy of it for yourself.

Depending on your nationality an additional check from the federal police body of your home country (for example the FBI) is required. For this above mentioned international money order is needed. According to the Interpol office in Lima this check has nothing to do with the letter Interpol issues and the approval of your visa; if something serious comes up, your record is tagged and you might be detained as soon as you leave the country.
Pentap

Postby Pentap » Mon May 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi
How long should it take to get the actual card after your residency application has been approved? My application was approved after 3 months of processing. I registered for the carnet and got the pick up date. When I went to the Migraciones my CE wasn't there and I was told it hasn't been printed yet and they will call me when it is ready.
Now almost 2 months have passed. The consulta de estado de trámite on migraciones web Page lists it as "Pendiente" - I believe it would say "Impreso" or sthg similar when it is ready.
Anybody got their card recently?
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Mon May 20, 2019 10:31 pm

Pentap wrote:Hi
How long should it take to get the actual card after your residency application has been approved? My application was approved after 3 months of processing. I registered for the carnet and got the pick up date. When I went to the Migraciones my CE wasn't there and I was told it hasn't been printed yet and they will call me when it is ready.
Now almost 2 months have passed. The consulta de estado de trámite on migraciones web Page lists it as "Pendiente" - I believe it would say "Impreso" or sthg similar when it is ready.
Anybody got their card recently?

G'day Pentap,
Yes, I got my CE (Rentista) on 23rd January this year. the 2 months is ridiculous of them.

On my pick up date, after taking my fingerprints and my photo again ( as was more than 3 months since they did it the first time with my application...as if I'd changed in that time frame!!) and within 1 hour, I was called and collected my card on the ground floor.
The process is far more streamlined than 2018 and seemingly much better organised...I guess that is so because of the 000's of Ven's they have to process.

If I was you, don't rely on their web page info.., I would go in person and ask again why the delay....you may get a surprise if you push a bit....but politely of course...you don't want those buggers off-side !!

Any other queries, please revert to me.

Cheers,
W.
Retired Aussie in Lima
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Mon May 20, 2019 10:43 pm

donadpree wrote:Hello,

Did you get an answer to your questions. I am looking to get the rentista visa, and would like to find a lawyer (good but inexpensive) to help me with the process. Do you have any experience with this?

Thank you.

G'day Donadpree,

Below is a copy of one of my earlier postings about protracted CE applications. I,too, did a Rentists visa.

Please read all...it's long and involved...but can be a solution to prolonged applications...especially IF they write "30 days"on your application receipt document. Yes, I had a lawyer get this organised...good but moderate cost.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For anyone making application for carnets...marriage or foreign resident etc. (January 2019)

When Migraciones mark your application receipt document 30 DAYS, it simply means that they have 30 working days to respond to your application....assumimg that you have submitted all the correct documents and info in the first place.
Of course, that is extremely difficult for them with thousands of Ven's to process.

In my case, I submitted my application in late October last year...the 30 days came and went (no surprise).Waited another couple of weeks...nothing.
So my immigracion lawyer told me that under a certain law, they must repond in my favour within another 15 days of that particular "law form" being submitted to them, regarding "positive silence".

It worked...I was advised today, that this was successful and to now procede to pay Bank de la Nacion for my Foreign Resident's card & Rentista visa, submit details on their website, and they will then advise me when to come in to collect.

The details of this law is shown below...I have copied and pasted from my lawyers email to me:-

1. How does the public administration work?

I want to explain how the public administration works according to the law in Peru. All public administration in Peru is under Law 27444. All public entities can not go against this Law.
When a person does some administrative procedure (for example, a request for a change of immigration) the public entity has a term of 30 working days according to article 35 of the Law

Ley del Procedimiento Administrativo General LEY Nº 27444

Artículo 35.- Plazo máximo del procedimiento administrativo de evaluación previa

El plazo que transcurra desde el inicio de un procedimiento administrativo de evaluación previa hasta que sea dictada la resolución respectiva, no puede exceder de treinta (30) días hábiles, salvo que por ley o decreto legislativo se establezcan procedimientos cuyo cumplimiento requiera una duración mayor.

Law of General Administrative Procedure LAW No. 27444

Article 35.- Maximum term of the administrative evaluation procedure previous

The period that elapses from the start of an administrative procedure of prior evaluation until the respective resolution is issued, can not exceed thirty (30) business days, unless by law or legislative decree are established procedures whose compliance requires a longer duration.

2. What happens if the public administration does not answer within 30 working days?

When the public administration does not answer an application, it is called "administrative silence". But there are 2 administrative silences: The Positive and the Negative.
I do not want to explain the Negative Silence because it is complicated and it is not your case. So the request that the public administration has not answered for you deserves to be "positive administrative silence" for the reasons indicated in article 33

Artículo 33.- Procedimiento de evaluación previa con silencio positivo

Los procedimientos de evaluación previa están sujetos a silencio positivo, cuando se trate de algunos de los siguientes supuestos:

1. Solicitudes cuya estimación habilite para el ejercicio de derechos preexistentes, salvo que mediante ella se transfiera facultades de la administración pública o que habilite para realizar actividades que se agoten instantáneamente en su ejercicio.

2. Recursos destinados a cuestionar la desestimación de una solicitud cuando el particular haya optado por la aplicación del silencio administrativo negativo.

3. Procedimientos en los cuales la trascendencia de la decisión final no pueda repercutir directamente en administrados distintos del peticionario, mediante la limitación, perjuicio o afectación a sus intereses o derechos legítimos

Article 33.- Prior evaluation procedure with positive silence

Prior evaluation procedures are subject to positive silence, when dealing with some of the following assumptions:

1. Requests whose estimate enables the exercise of pre-existing rights, unless it transfers powers of the public administration or that enable to perform activities that are instantly exhausted in their exercise.

2. Resources intended to challenge the dismissal of an application when the individual has opted for the application of negative administrative silence.

3. Procedures in which the transcendence of the final decision can not directly affect the administration other than the petitioner, by limiting, prejudicing or affecting their legitimate interests or rights

3. What are the effects of positive administrative silence?

Article 188.- Effects of administrative silence

188.1 Administrative procedures subject to administrative silence positive will be automatically approved in the terms in which they were requested if after the established or maximum term, the entity would not have communicated to the administration the pronouncement.

188.2 Administrative silence has for all purposes the character of resolution that puts an end to the procedure, without prejudice to the nullity official notice provided for in article 202 of this Law.

4. What are we going to do now?
There is another special Law of Administrative Silence No. 29060 that indicates that a "sworn statement" can be presented by writing about the delay of the request and demanding administrative silence. The day we send the "sworn statement" and they stamp it at the reception, you will have your application approved. However, this will also help them send you the formal document about your immigration change.

LAW OF ADMINISTRATIVE SILENCE Nº 29060

Article 3.- Approval of the procedure

Notwithstanding what is stated in Article 2, the deadline for silence to expire positive administrative procedure in the prior evaluation procedures, regulated in Article 1, without entity would have issued a ruling on the request, the administrated may submit a Sworn statement before the entity that configured said approval ficta, in order to make the right conferred before the same or third entities of the administration, constituting the charge of receipt of said document, sufficient proof of the approval resolution ficta of the application or process started.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, me again....this is not generally known by applicants and not informed by Mig's.......but it has worked and my original application was pushed forward and approved in my favour. God only knows how much longer I would have been waiting on the original application.

I was a little nervous about my lawyer doing this, as I thought that Mig's would not like having this law put in their face, and found some way to give me more of a hard time( "one more document" etc etc)...but I was assured that they must conform to the law.
Mig's are very adept at quoting their own laws to people, so it was nice to see the tables turned.

Hope this may assist someone.

Cheers,
W
rudder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rudder » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Wiracocha wrote:

Thank you.

G'day Donadpree,

Below is a copy of one of my earlier postings about protracted CE applications. I,too, did a Rentists visa.

Please read all...it's long and involved...but can be a solution to prolonged applications...especially IF they write "30 days"on your application receipt document. Yes, I had a lawyer get this organised...good but moderate cost.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For anyone making application for carnets...marriage or foreign resident etc. (January 2019)

When Migraciones mark your application receipt document 30 DAYS, it simply means that they have 30 working days to respond to your application....assumimg that you have submitted all the correct documents and info in the first place.
Of course, that is extremely difficult for them with thousands of Ven's to process.

In my case, I submitted my application in late October last year...the 30 days came and went (no surprise).Waited another couple of weeks...nothing.
So my immigracion lawyer told me that under a certain law, they must repond in my favour within another 15 days of that particular "law form" being submitted to them, regarding "positive silence".

It worked...I was advised today, that this was successful and to now procede to pay Bank de la Nacion for my Foreign Resident's card & Rentista visa, submit details on their website, and they will then advise me when to come in to collect.

The details of this law is shown below...I have copied and pasted from my lawyers email to me:-

I want to explain how the public administration works according to the law in Peru. All public administration in Peru is under Law 27444. All public entities can not go against this Law.
When a person does some administrative procedure (for example, a request for a change of immigration) the public entity has a term of 30 working days according to article 35 of the Law

Artículo 35.- Plazo máximo del procedimiento administrativo de evaluación previa

El plazo que transcurra desde el inicio de un procedimiento administrativo de evaluación previa hasta que sea dictada la resolución respectiva, no puede exceder de treinta (30) días hábiles, salvo que por ley o decreto legislativo se establezcan procedimientos cuyo cumplimiento requiera una duración mayor.

The period that elapses from the start of an administrative procedure of prior evaluation until the respective resolution is issued, can not exceed thirty (30) business days, unless by law or legislative decree are established procedures whose compliance requires a longer duration.

2. What happens if the public administration does not answer within 30 working days?

When the public administration does not answer an application, it is called "administrative silence". But there are 2 administrative silences: The Positive and the Negative.
I do not want to explain the Negative Silence because it is complicated and it is not your case. So the request that the public administration has not answered for you deserves to be "positive administrative silence" for the reasons indicated in article 33

Los procedimientos de evaluación previa están sujetos a silencio positivo, cuando se trate de algunos de los siguientes supuestos:

1. Solicitudes cuya estimación habilite para el ejercicio de derechos preexistentes, salvo que mediante ella se transfiera facultades de la administración pública o que habilite para realizar actividades que se agoten instantáneamente en su ejercicio.

2. Recursos destinados a cuestionar la desestimación de una solicitud cuando el particular haya optado por la aplicación del silencio administrativo negativo.

3. Procedimientos en los cuales la trascendencia de la decisión final no pueda repercutir directamente en administrados distintos del peticionario, mediante la limitación, perjuicio o afectación a sus intereses o derechos legítimos

Prior evaluation procedures are subject to positive silence, when dealing with some of the following assumptions:

1. Requests whose estimate enables the exercise of pre-existing rights, unless it transfers powers of the public administration or that enable to perform activities that are instantly exhausted in their exercise.

2. Resources intended to challenge the dismissal of an application when the individual has opted for the application of negative administrative silence.

3. Procedures in which the transcendence of the final decision can not directly affect the administration other than the petitioner, by limiting, prejudicing or affecting their legitimate interests or rights

188.1 Administrative procedures subject to administrative silence positive will be automatically approved in the terms in which they were requested if after the established or maximum term, the entity would not have communicated to the administration the pronouncement.

188.2 Administrative silence has for all purposes the character of resolution that puts an end to the procedure, without prejudice to the nullity official notice provided for in article 202 of this Law.

There is another special Law of Administrative Silence No. 29060 that indicates that a "sworn statement" can be presented by writing about the delay of the request and demanding administrative silence. The day we send the "sworn statement" and they stamp it at the reception, you will have your application approved. However, this will also help them send you the formal document about your immigration change.

Notwithstanding what is stated in Article 2, the deadline for silence to expire positive administrative procedure in the prior evaluation procedures, regulated in Article 1, without entity would have issued a ruling on the request, the administrated may submit a Sworn statement before the entity that configured said approval ficta, in order to make the right conferred before the same or third entities of the administration, constituting the charge of receipt of said document, sufficient proof of the approval resolution ficta of the application or process started.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, me again....this is not generally known by applicants and not informed by Mig's.......but it has worked and my original application was pushed forward and approved in my favour. God only knows how much longer I would have been waiting on the original application.

I was a little nervous about my lawyer doing this, as I thought that Mig's would not like having this law put in their face, and found some way to give me more of a hard time( "one more document" etc etc)...but I was assured that they must conform to the law.
Mig's are very adept at quoting their own laws to people, so it was nice to see the tables turned.

Cheers,
W

I did not know about this law of administrative silence where they are required to decide in your favor within 15 days if they already exceeded their response time period.

Do you have a copy of the letter that was submitted? It would be nice to reuse the template in the case of those of us who don’t want to hire a lawyer.

In any case, a very informative post. Thanks.
Turn a desert into a sustainable food oasis:

http://cropsfordrylands.com/
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:21 pm

G'day Rudder,

I don't have a template as such, but here is the link, to get the required form for submission to Migraciones, for what my lawyer & I did...but remember my original comment..."especially IF they write "30 days"on your application receipt document" of your CE application submission.

Formato de Declaración Jurada de Silencio Administrativo Positivo
https://www.indecopi.gob.pe/documents/2 ... ci_fdj.pdf

When you present this form to Mig's office, you will also have to fill in their office document submission form to accompany the "Silencio" form at their desk, with your "Expediente No.", put in the simple details of yourself and put the words "Formato de Declaracion ....etc "the wording as per the form you are submitting.

Cheers,
W
esteban108

Postby esteban108 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:59 am

Wiracocha wrote:

Thank you.

G'day Donadpree,

Cheers,
W

Wirachoa, Hi.

Does your lawyer takes care of the whole process? Is it expensive? Thanks.
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:45 pm

G'day Esteban,
The only reason I used a lawyer(the son of a friend of one of my in-laws here) was because Migraciones stuffed me about on my first submission last year(see my earlier posts in mid last year)),so to assist me to be more certain this time on my second attempt, I used the lawyer to oversee my process....also for more precise translation of any stones that Mig tried to put in my way again.

If you follow Mig's requirements for your particular CE, then it should be fine if you dot the i's and cross the t's. :-)

The thirty day issue was employed because of Mig' taking ages because of the 1000's of Vens they are trying to process also.
In answer to your question about is/was the lawyer expensive...not really for me, as I got "mate's rates", so I can't really guide you on that one.

Cheers,
W
rudder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rudder » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:21 pm

Wiracocha wrote:G'day Esteban,
The only reason I used a lawyer(the son of a friend of one of my in-laws here) was because Migraciones stuffed me about on my first submission last year(see my earlier posts in mid last year)),so to assist me to be more certain this time on my second attempt, I used the lawyer to oversee my process....also for more precise translation of any stones that Mig tried to put in my way again.

If you follow Mig's requirements for your particular CE, then it should be fine if you dot the i's and cross the t's. :-)

The thirty day issue was employed because of Mig' taking ages because of the 1000's of Vens they are trying to process also.
In answer to your question about is/was the lawyer expensive...not really for me, as I got "mate's rates", so I can't really guide you on that one.

Cheers,
W

So what process did you file to get your carne de extranjeria? Cambio a Familiar Residente?
Turn a desert into a sustainable food oasis:

http://cropsfordrylands.com/
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:56 am

G'day Rudder,

I applied for a Rentista Visa & permanent resdidente.

W
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Wiracocha wrote:G'day Rudder,

I applied for a Rentista Visa & permanent resdidente.

W

This thread has gotten really confusing. Is it about getting a CE through marriage or how to get a Rentista Visa, 2 different animals, as the OP inquired?
viewtopic.php?f=1&p=157889#p156080
hojoos

Postby hojoos » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:56 pm

Depending on your nationality an additional check from the federal police body of your home country (for example the FBI) is required. For this above mentioned international money order is needed. According to the Interpol office in Lima this check has nothing to do with the letter Interpol issues and the approval of your visa; if something serious comes up, your record is tagged and you might be detained as soon as you leave the country.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register