MOVISTAR

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

MOVISTAR

Postby Wiracocha » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:40 am

G'day all,

I have a question I would like to ask of other users of Movistar for their cell phone.

I receive constant advertisements about deals, offers etc etc, in which I have no interest or need. They even arrive at some unGodly hours of the night/morning .
I only use my phone as a phone...nothing else. I just recharge by S/20 from time to time and not on any plan as such....don't use it much.

My question is : is there a way to stop these unwanted ads ?

I guess someone could say to change my service provider, but would like to persist a little longer with Movistar until I get my carnet.

Looking forward to reading some advice from the wise.

Cheers,
W

Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: MOVISTAR

Postby Polaron » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 am

I am sad to say that regardless of which carrier you use, you are going to be bombarded with ads. And if you use Claro or Entel, You will also receive some times daily phone calls urging you to switch to Movistar. In the past this did not happen so much but in the last few years it has just become obnoxious.
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:02 pm

[quote="Wiracocha"] My question is : is there a way to stop these unwanted ads ? /quote]

You might just block them

I just say "No gracias Señorita, pero no necesito nada", after that, I just block the phone-number and that's all !

I have several numbers already blocked in my cellphone..
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Polaron wrote:I am sad to say that regardless of which carrier you use, you are going to be bombarded with ads. And if you use Claro or Entel, You will also receive some times daily phone calls urging you to switch to Movistar. In the past this did not happen so much but in the last few years it has just become obnoxious.

cwcdavid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby cwcdavid » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:22 am

i just arranged a movistar local no which allows seemingly very cheap use with preplan 7d 700m and unlimited calls for 7s for example.

problemis that it seems to be throttled. it.s so bizarre, using a uk mobile on three roaming seems to work best on movistar but internet speed must be 3 or 4x faster.

the local sim is so slow some apps wont work and it.s hard to use 100m in a day ....

for anyone coming from the uk, i totally recommend three prepay but you need to activate and use the sim in the uk before leaving. 10 quid for 2g or 20 for 12 g plus 50 hrs of calls included to the uk on either. and you seem to get a premium internet service ..... just beware local calls are 1.40 per min (lbres!) ... and its a shame you cant tether or hotspot to your pc but still bravo three.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register