Apartment in Barrio Chino, Lima?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
msmarko

Apartment in Barrio Chino, Lima?

Postby msmarko » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Can anyone give me an idea of how much apartments go for in Lima's Chinatown? - Thanx

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Apartment in Barrio Chino, Lima?

Postby Alan » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:18 am

I really don't see many apartments there at all. It's pretty much all commercial on the main floor, and the upper floors are often used for warehouse spaces. You might want to broaden your horizon and go a couple blocks away. You should be able to rent a one bedroom for around 1000 soles. My advice, if you want to be downtown, is to go to the other side of Abancay Ave (North west from Chinatown). Only 5 minutes from Chinatown, but more secure at night, and not as commercial. Of course it depends on what you are after. Can I ask: why Chinatown?

Cheers..
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:21 pm

The area of Barrio Chino is a good area for making business, but IMHO a bad place for living.
msmarko

Postby msmarko » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Alan wrote:I really don't see many apartments there at all. It's pretty much all commercial on the main floor, and the upper floors are often used for warehouse spaces. You might want to broaden your horizon and go a couple blocks away. You should be able to rent a one bedroom for around 1000 soles. My advice, if you want to be downtown, is to go to the other side of Abancay Ave (North west from Chinatown). Only 5 minutes from Chinatown, but more secure at night, and not as commercial. Of course it depends on what you are after. Can I ask: why Chinatown?

Cheers..

Sorry for the delay. I just noticed that there was a response.
I have to admit that my desire to live in Chinatown is just an impulse. I love Chinatowns in general. I make it a point to visit them wherever I go and I have always wanted to life in one. The first time I visited Lima's Chinatown I saw a place that had this fantastic entry court. It was so intriguing and darkened with exhaust, mysterious and a little spooky. I loved it. It seemed to be an apt building to me and I have dreamt of living there ever since.

Thanks

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register