Peruvian entry into UK

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
johnstar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Peruvian entry into UK

Postby johnstar » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:39 am

Hi all,

I am a British citizen who will be living in Lima with my Peruvian girlfriend for six months from march this year and ive given a lot of thought to her coming back with me to the UK in September....

The cost of flights wouldnt be a problem and neither would supporting her be once we arrived to the UK...i'd like her to stay in UK for between 3 and six months but of course i realise even though she would be a visitor, it would probably involve a very long and drawn out process to get a visa or the documents required to allow her to travel....

Does anyone have any knowledge of obtaining visas to visit the UK especially Peruvians who have gone through this process personally..

Any ideas would be appreciated, many thanks

Seize the moment and grab the opportunity!
docster67
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby docster67 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:33 am

Johnstar,
Here's a copy of a reply that i posted to a similar question that was posted on livinginperu.com
all the details are linked from the brittish embassey site in lima. Again its worth noting that your better of flying through madrid or amsterdam as you wont need a transfer visa for Spain and Holland,
i'll Know more in may once we've sorted it out for oueselves.

"from what i've read on the website, from a link from the website for th british embassey it is that the original passport that is posted off but you can give them copies of other documents that they require as long as they see the originals.
I can let you know after end of april what the exact situation is, as i'm over in peru then to sort out things for my wedding in september and get a visa for my fiannce for when she returns with me for a few months after the wedding.
If you sort yours out before then post your findings as i'll be very interested to find out how easy it now is. If your going to be acting as a sponser for your girlfriend when she's over in uk you will need originals of your last 6 months wage slips and bank statements. If she is going to fund herself she must have evidance that she has at least £50 for every day that she is in uk (i.e if your girlfriend is staying for 30 days she will need £1500 in her account). Also details of where you will be staying helps.
i'm bringinging over everything and more just incase they need more evidence, house deeds etc, etc

When she comes to uk i think she will also need proof of medical insurance to show at imigration ( not 100% on that but i'm sure i read it somewhere)

make sure you get a flight through europe aswell otherwise you will need a transit visa to fly through USA even if not leaving airport and thats anouther can of worms in itself.
She won't need a transit visa for spain or amsterdam as long as she remains within the airport."

Good Luck
Andy
johnstar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby johnstar » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:19 pm

Hello Andy,

Thanks very much for your reply, you've given me an insight into obtaining a visa although i now realise it will be a lot of unnecessary paperwork, forms and hassel just to get a 2 week visitors visa for my novia, but in any case i will come back and post on the forum as i progress with the application and fingers crossed get the visa for my girlfriend as soon as possible.

Many Thanks
Seize the moment and grab the opportunity!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register