Advice please - UK visitor visa for Peruvian husband

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Intiraymi

Advice please - UK visitor visa for Peruvian husband

Postby Intiraymi » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:26 pm

Hello,
Are there any Brits who have recently applied for a Standard Visitor Visa for a Peruvian national?

I am British and I live here in Peru with my Peruvian husband and two children. We are travelling to the UK this summer to visit family. Although we used to live in the UK and my husband had indefinite leave to remain (ilr), since he has been outside the UK for more than two years, his ilr has lapsed so I understand that he has to apply for a visitor visa.

I have a few questions if anyone has applied for a UK visitor visa recently;

-I have a relative in the UK who will sponsor my husband. I would like to know if an electronic pdf copy of a bank statement is acceptable, or do we need to get an original and send it from the UK to Peru?

- I understand that he will need to have an interview in Lima. It appears that you can only book the interview once you have submitted the online visa application form. What I would like to know is, can an appointment be booked a few weeks after the application has been submitted? How much availability is there for appointments? Though I guess this clearly depends on how many people are requiring this service...

-I have read that you can only apply for the visa 3 months before you wish to travel. Has anyone applied more than 3 months in advance? Is there any flexibility

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give and if you have any tips to make this as smooth a process as possible.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register