A mess in San Miguel...

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A mess in San Miguel...

Postby SilverbackPeru » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Had the usual look at house prices in Lima again on adondevivir the other day. I check the prices out every now and again and I still don't understand how the housing prices are so high or how they can justify the prices. The market really is insane.
billybob72
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby billybob72 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:52 pm

SilverbackPeru wrote:Had the usual look at house prices in Lima again on adondevivir the other day. I check the prices out every now and again and I still don't understand how the housing prices are so high or how they can justify the prices. The market really is insane.

That crash has to come soon like it did in Spain... there is no way a two bedroom apartment in Jesus Maria or Lince should be able to command 150000 dollars or more - never mind the ridiculously priced apartments out in Miraflores and their prices... the bottom has to come out of the market sooner or later... it's just about waiting. :D
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:00 am

billybob72 wrote:
SilverbackPeru wrote:Had the usual look at house prices in Lima again on adondevivir the other day. I check the prices out every now and again and I still don't understand how the housing prices are so high or how they can justify the prices. The market really is insane.

That crash has to come soon like it did in Spain... there is no way a two bedroom apartment in Jesus Maria or Lince should be able to command 150000 dollars or more - never mind the ridiculously priced apartments out in Miraflores and their prices... the bottom has to come out of the market sooner or later... it's just about waiting. :D

Experts on this board have been predicting a bubble burst for a long time, below is just one example.
"Kinda like global warming."

"by Jimmy111 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:34 am
Personally, I think it is going to crash. The price of the real estate has gone way beyond what the average person can afford even with help from the extended family. There is no control over building in Lima and I think I heard that at the moment there was more than 200,000 vacant new apartments. That is a lot of units to fill plus there are many more being built"

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4835#p30376
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:17 pm

billybob72 wrote:

As long as the seller has some dummy to pay the asking price or get into a bidding war with other dummies then the market won't crash.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register