Where to go for all things medical

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
AnonymousExpat

Where to go for all things medical

Postby AnonymousExpat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Where are real medical facilities or highly rated ones for different types of procedures?

Everything. Eye car, dental (smiles peru is the obvious one), laser care (everything from hair removal to facials), hair transplants (fue), real surgery, etc.

By real surgery let's say the following (otoplasty, blepharoplasty, and anything abdominal / gastric). Those are the big 3 cosmetic ones. Anything els is a real hospital obviously.

The only decent health care I seem to find in Latin America is dental. But, I've been impressed with Lima thus far. So I want an exhaustive list of things to check out in case I need it.

woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Where to go for all things medical

Postby woodchuck » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:07 am

Good question!
I will check back for responses.
Best wishes
Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:27 am

AnonymousExpat wrote:Where are real medical facilities or highly rated ones for different types of procedures?

Everything. Eye car, dental (smiles peru is the obvious one), laser care (everything from hair removal to facials), hair transplants (fue), real surgery, etc.

By real surgery let's say the following (otoplasty, blepharoplasty, and anything abdominal / gastric). Those are the big 3 cosmetic ones. Anything els is a real hospital obviously.

The only decent health care I seem to find in Latin America is dental. But, I've been impressed with Lima thus far. So I want an exhaustive list of things to check out in case I need it.

Good thing the dental care in Latin America is decent
You don't want an amateur yanking your teeth out when it's not needed.
“When you’re in, you’re in.” —
Ignacio Varga
AnonymousExpat

Postby AnonymousExpat » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:48 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
AnonymousExpat wrote:Where are real medical facilities or highly rated ones for different types of procedures?

Good thing the dental care in Latin America is decent
You don't want an amateur yanking your teeth out when it's not needed.

It's really not that hard to clean teeth. It is by far the easiest medical field. If you're doing real surgery, implants, root canals, etc then yes. You obviously need a higher standard of medical care. Which is why I walk out of 90 percent of the places I've ever been to.
donjag44

Postby donjag44 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:23 pm

What about a hair transplant? Do I need one of those medical tourism companies? My ex-wife and Son live in Lima and they may be able to set me up. I'm looking for a good Clinic / Doctors. How wood you look for a good hair transplant clinic? Thanks.
lloyd.hannis

Postby lloyd.hannis » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:38 am

I am the manager of SurgeryinPeru and you can find ALL of the information you are looking for on our page, www.surgeryinperu.com/doctors

This includes dental, plastic surgery, lasik, dermatology, quiropractor, weight loss and others too.

We do a lot of hair transplant treatments, blepharoplasty, botox, prp plasma, co2 laser, smile design, implants, etc etc.

You can also find a pricelist guide in the menu and all of our doctors speak excellent English. Their studies and qualifications are also clearly listed.

Most people like to contact us by whatsapp, or give me a call on 977 547 437.

I hope this helps.

Lloyd
glegrand
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby glegrand » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Has anyone had experience with Surgeryinperu ?
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:44 am

glegrand wrote:Has anyone had experience with Surgeryinperu ?

I have known Lloyd for years and have used the dental services he works with. The dentist was very good.
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:51 am

Wasn't Lloyd's company called Peru Dental?
I agree with Alan, Lloyd is a skilled dentist.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:22 pm

woodchuck wrote:Wasn't Lloyd's company called Peru Dental?
I agree with Alan, Lloyd is a skilled dentist.

Aha! I found my correct login information! :o

Yes, I have been with PeruDental as the Practice Manager for a long time which has a big focus on 3D technology (although not everyone's cup of tea though, we know that) and sedation dentistry. However, as I got to know many other doctors during these years, I put together SurgeryinPeru which is helpful for a lot of people looking for English speaking professionals in healthcare. :D

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register