Not Having a Lot of Luck Finding Lodging - Pimentel Area

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
inscop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not Having a Lot of Luck Finding Lodging - Pimentel Area

Postby inscop » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:05 am

This might be more appropriate for the travel section, but it appears this section has a larger readership. I have a place in Lima for my first week in Peru, up until July 23. I am trying to find a rental in Pimentel or that area from July 24 until Sept 16. (Deny.....haven't heard from your Mom, maybe she is shy about responding to strangers).

We can't afford the $600 a week stuff for almost seven weeks, so it needs to be reasonable. I am willing to bribe you by bringing small packages of LEGAL goodies from the US that perhaps you can't find down there. Need the huge two-pack of Skippy peanut butter from Costco? You got it!

Anyone who has a friend in the area who might be able to help out, I will be in your debt.

naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:54 am

Have you thought about tstaying in a hostel until you find something? It's much easier getting housing once you're actually here.
inscop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby inscop » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi, NG! That may be in our future. Funny, my wife is normally the adventurous one that says, "Let's just go. If we don't find a place, we'll sleep on the beach." She is being much more cautious. Maybe her age is catching up with her :twisted:

We are considering doing an "up the coast" self-guided bus tour and checking out the many things we missed last time we took the BusCama to Chiclayo. By the way, if you guys have never tried the BusCama, it is a real treat. Go to sleep, wake up there. If you are really adventurous, choose the huge windows on the top deck right over the driver. It feels like you are driving the bus with no steering wheel.
Deny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Not Having a Lot of Luck Finding Lodging - Pimentel Area

Postby Deny » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:05 pm

inscop wrote:This might be more appropriate for the travel section, but it appears this section has a larger readership. I have a place in Lima for my first week in Peru, up until July 23. I am trying to find a rental in Pimentel or that area from July 24 until Sept 16. (Deny.....haven't heard from your Mom, maybe she is shy about responding to strangers).

We can't afford the $600 a week stuff for almost seven weeks, so it needs to be reasonable. I am willing to bribe you by bringing small packages of LEGAL goodies from the US that perhaps you can't find down there. Need the huge two-pack of Skippy peanut butter from Costco? You got it!

Anyone who has a friend in the area who might be able to help out, I will be in your debt.

Call her, 0051 74979694075, I already told her you'll contact her
inscop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby inscop » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Thanks Deny. We will probably call tonight. All of a sudden we have three irons in the fire, so my wife wants to be cautious about asking too many people to jump through hoops for us, and then tell them, "Oh thanks, but we already found a place. Just like the last time we were in Peru, everyone is so gracious and helpful, pues, menos los rateros.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:24 pm

do not know if they have completed construction by Sept 2008.

Gran hotel Pimentel (new). about 35.00 + per night.

http://www.granhotelpimentel.com.pe/.

I own a house next to it. I was last there in March 2008 and they were putting in the finishing touches.

If not there is a nice budge thotel in Chiclayo, accross the street from a Police station (bed and breakfast like). $22.00 per night for 3 beds. Contienetal Breakfast and internet.

Ayapalleck Muchik (chiclayo)
74234191 /237366

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register