Family planning & birth control in Peru. Your thoughts ?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Family planning & birth control in Peru. Your thoughts ?

Postby singlefather » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:24 am

I was talking to my Novia and soon to be wife Thursday night. We try to talk about all topics and try to communicate with each other well. My Novia is from Chiclayo.

I brought up the topic of family planning and birth control pills. I am going to be in Peru for 27 days in December to January when we are getting married so I umm cough cough want to be careful.

Yes of course I will be responsible and use condoms. But that does not always work well.

She was frightened to take anything and had heard that if you took something like birth control pills you might not be able to get pregnant in the future.

I did not want to debate her on this and tell her that was wrong without a good way of explaining it.. I know this might be a touchy and controversial subject here.

Anyone have any advice from a Peruvian perspective or an expat perspective on how to talk to her about this ?

She was raised and is Catholic.
She is University Educated with a good job.
She comes from a good family.

We have talked and agreed to wait 2 years after she gets to Canada before trying for a baby.

I do not want her getting pregnant in Peru where I don't have full confidence in the Peruvian Medical system and she lives in Chiclayo which is far from Lima.

I love my future wife with all my heart and soul and her health and well being is very important to me and I will put her first before me always.

I never thought I would find a love of my life again after the loss of my late wife nearly 4.5 years ago. That was devastating loss to go through for my children and I.

So yes I am very very sensitive to my soon to be wife's health and I want the best for her always including medical care.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your feedback , opinions and advice.

Have a great day,

singlefather

naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:34 am

Well, she's right, kind of, but only if you take birth control for a long long time. Depends on how long you want to wait to have kids. FOr us, it's our only option. THere are things such as the IUDs, or injections, implants, or a patch.

BUt, IUDs are usually for those who have had kids and they can move.

Injections, well, it's a lot of hormones at once and has some bad side affects. Same with the implant.

The patch, besides being expensive, is also pretty new, so I don't know how realiable it is.

Another option , just as effective as the pill, is counting days and monitoring your body's signals, but you have to be strict with that.

My husband is all for birth control, luckily he trusts me, a lot of Peruvian women often "forget" to take it.

I would lay out the options for her and maybe have her try some. She could try the injections, they're pretty common here, if that doesn't work she could switch. Pills are about 37 to 47 soles, but they're well worth it.

HOpe this helps
sonia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sonia » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:28 am

I have never been to Chiclayo but I work in the healthcare field and am familiar with the health care system in Peru. My recommendation would be for her to visit a gynecologist in Chiclayo before your trip. This is a good time to have a gynecological exam and talk about birth control options with the doctor.

Chiclayo is a big place; I would think that she could find a well-trained, trustworthy doctor she is comfortable with. If she doesn't like the first doctor she vsits, she should visit others until she finds the right one. She shouldn't settle for any doctor she doesn't feel is 100% for her. Try doctors at a "clinica privada" or a doctor that has his/her own private "consultorio". If money is an issue, perhaps you could send some for this purpose. Avoid the government-run hospitals; that's important.

And if she were to get pregnant, I think she could get good prenatal care at a private doctor's "consultorio" and good care at the time of birth at a "clinica privada". She might only be at risk if she had a very complicated pregancy or a very difficult labor and delivery but those two situations are, fortunately, rare in healthy, well-nourished, young women.
mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:28 am

Singlefather, I commend your sensitivity. I would have PM you, but maybe this information could help somebody in the future.

The most effective method is the pill, and yes you can get pregnant later, even after years of taking it. oh Yes! :wink: but it affects women differently. Some women become nauseous, bloated or even 'potential assasins." So your future wife should start taking it now to see how her body responds.

NG is correct, many women in Peru "forget' to take it due to religious or family or pesonal reasons. Everybody in a Peruvian family wants to give their opinion (the Mom, the sister, the aunt, the priest, etc.).

So, it would be up to you to help and be careful, you know what I mean. Then when you are living together, you can discuss it calmly and visit together a doctor.

Good Luck!
Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." ! Abraham Lincoln
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:39 am

I am not an advocate of my wife taking chemicals or using devices. So, we practice rythm and use condoms.

Beside there are other methods to enjoy sex with your partner without birth control. (5 years married). It does take a a little self control on the side of the man. in my previous marriage I practiced the same thing and was married for 17+ years without a pregnancy. I have 4 and 1 (4 kids from a previous marriage - youngest is 20, and 6 yearold step son.

To each his own, but I am against putting chemicals in my body and would not allow my wife to.

"Spit don't make babies" George Clinton, Funkadelic (hhehe)
David

Postby David » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:41 am

[quote="tarollins"]I am not an advocate of my wife taking chemicals or using devices. So, we practice rythm and use condoms.

Beside there are other methods to enjoy sex with your partner without birth control. (5 years married). It does take a a little self control on the side of the man. in my previous marriage I practiced the same thing and was married for 17+ years without a pregnancy. I have 4 and 1 (4 kids from a previous marriage - youngest is 20, and 6 yearold step son.

To each his own, but I am against putting chemicals in my body and would not allow my wife to.

quote]

Agreed!
Dan Bonenberger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chemicals

Postby Dan Bonenberger » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:01 pm

I am with David, I have been told too many times that a chemical has been tested and safe to find out latter, it caused more harm than good... I specifically remember Agent Orange.....and an andidote for Nerve gas I carried in the Gulf War(atropene)...I believe less chemicals the better in the body... I am not against medicine thats been proven, but too many of these quick fixes have side affects,, *****,, etc.. to name a few....maybe thats why I don't have any children :roll: :?: Chau Friends
Steeler Fan
naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:34 pm

tarollins wrote:I am not an advocate of my wife taking chemicals or using devices. So, we practice rythm and use condoms.

Wow 17 years without a pregnancy. I'd love to use the rhythm method, but like you said, the man needs to have more self control, and I have a feeling that that wouldn't work for us.

ONe thing I don't get, how do you have four kids if you were married without a pregnancy?
rgamarra
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rgamarra » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 pm

Wow, talk about a topic to make one blush. :oops:

However, it is serious and there has been some great advice. It's really a woman's decision whether or not she wants to give birth control a try and whether or not she wants to stick to it.

There is such thing as "safe" sex without the assistance of birth control and rubbers.

Another thing you should consider, SF, and any other person just starting a new relationship, is for the both of you to get tested for STDs if you've been sexually active in the past. It's something that helps to bring a peace of mind and reassurance to your partner.

I wonder, are pregnant women in Peru required to be tested for STDs? I know they just recently started testing them for HIV.
mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm

naturegirl wrote:
Wow 17 years without a pregnancy. I'd love to use the rhythm method,

Not a good idea, NG. Believe me!
Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." ! Abraham Lincoln
mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:08 pm

I have a problem with this comment, eventhough I respect Tarollins and Dave' s opinion. Will not discuss it with you, unless you were women, which is not the case. I am sure other women reading would understand.

jmho
KenBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby KenBE » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Peruvians don´t like birth control. Even though there are so many cheap and effective solutions they just don´t like to use them. Then they have babies they can´t afford to raise. I just don´t get this.
David

Postby David » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Maria,

I did not mean to suggest that I would not allow my wife to do anything. She has a free will.

What I was doing was agreeing in general with the statement from TA.

I'll add this though, I don't like the idea of using chemicals to alter what the body does on a natural basis. Just like I am not in favor of people taking drugs to alter the mental state.

There are/can be long lasting effects if to much are taken
rgamarra
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rgamarra » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:48 pm

KenBE wrote:Peruvians don´t like birth control. Even though there are so many cheap and effective solutions they just don´t like to use them. Then they have babies they can´t afford to raise. I just don´t get this.

They don't like birth control? They don't like using protection!

I don't know if this has to do with them being "Catholic" or just choosing not to be responsible.

Anyway, you can still have safe "relations" without the use of birth control. It's already been mentioned by the male members.
mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:02 pm

rgamarra wrote:They don't like birth control? They don't like using protection!

I don't know if this has to do with them being "Catholic" or just choosing not to be responsible.

Anyway, you can still have safe "relations" without the use of birth control. It's already been mentioned by the male members.

Actually I've heard Peruvian young men boasting they do not use protection, as they don't like it :shock: I believe it could be also a macho thing.

Dave, many many drugs unfortunately most have side effects. The unfortunate part is when an unwanted child arrives and then he/she must suffer the consequences, as the child was not 'planned."

See! Singlefather what you started? :lol:

Mammalu
aka 'uncontrollable'
David

Postby David » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:23 pm

Yes singlefather shame on you for starting a good debate!

Maria,

How about the spread of STD's by people that refuse to wear a prophylactic?

I'm not disputing the effectiveness of the pill or patch or other form but just that I don't like it personally. Among some of the side effects are an irregular heart beat. For me it is not the best way to prevent a pregnancy.

As far as young men in Peru or any place for that matter bragging about not using protection it seems more stupidity then being macho to me.

David
KenBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby KenBE » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:30 pm

mammalu wrote:
rgamarra wrote:They don't like birth control? They don't like using protection!

Actually I've heard Peruvian young men boasting they do not use protection, as they don't like it :shock: I believe it could be also a macho thing.

Dave, many many drugs unfortunately most have side effects. The unfortunate part is when an unwanted child arrives and then he/she must suffer the consequences, as the child was not 'planned."

See! Singlefather what you started? :lol:

Mammalu
aka 'uncontrollable'

Nothing to do with being Catholic. They just don´t like it. Incredibly irresponsible in my opinion. They don´t even think about the child they are bringing into this world. Many of the girls also have abortions.
sonia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sonia » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Singlefather,

I would agree with the comment written above about getting tested soon for STDs. I thought that tests for STD and HIV were a requirement for the "ceremonia civil" (civil marriage ceremony) in Peru. Perhaps someone could update me on the law.
cajun jamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby cajun jamie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:48 pm

mammalu wrote:
naturegirl wrote:
Wow 17 years without a pregnancy. I'd love to use the rhythm method,

Not a good idea, NG. Believe me!

Mammalu,
The rhythm method is very effective in Latin America. It doesn't work well in the USA because gringos have no rhythm. Haven't you seen them dance here?

On the other hand, put on a little salsa, meringue, reggaeton and people get groovin!

Oh wait, the point was to NOT have a baby?

Hmmm - let me re-think this. OK, just have sex while listening to Rupert Humperdink. Problem solved!

:shock:
Friends don't let friends fly LAN. Support StarPeru!

I am a proud supporter of Pukana Surf School. Miraflores, Playa Makaha - Yellow tent. http://www.pukanasurferschool.com/
singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:13 pm

Yes this is a :oops: topic sometimes but I believe it is very important topic. It is a topic I wanted to get from a Peru point of view.

Thank you for the great responses from everyone and keep them coming.

Yes we are going to get tested before we get married.. It is the law.

I'd too would love to use the rhythm method but I might not have enough self control when we get married :oops: lol .. I could have joined a monastery for the last 4.5 years and kept one of my vows. :lol:

I think I could get my Novia pregnant when we get married by just looking at her never mind any ummm cough cough friskiness.. lol

Now that everyone is having a good chuckle , I want to thank you again for all your viewpoints.

singlefather

mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:39 pm

Cjamie, you are way too much! This is a serious topic! :lol: :lol:

Singlefather, you have to excuse this rascal of ExpatPeru.
cajun jamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby cajun jamie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:44 pm

mammalu wrote:Cjamie, you are way too much! This is a serious topic! :lol: :lol:

I know it's serious, but when the bedroom moves into the Oprah show....

There's really only one safe way to prevent both pregnancy and STD's and that is either abstinence (boo) or a barrier.

OR

Friends don't let friends fly LAN. Support StarPeru!

I am a proud supporter of Pukana Surf School. Miraflores, Playa Makaha - Yellow tent. http://www.pukanasurferschool.com/
Skip Goebel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Skip Goebel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:56 pm

lets not forget the political aspect of all this.
birth control guarantees extermination of a culture.

all empires, including our own, fade into oblivion when 15 years....yes 15 years... of birth control take ahold.
no babies
no country

7 years from now, unless they have mass immigration, housing prices will start to fall. in 25 years, they will have to import skilled and other labor. and this is the longest it could possibly last.

ladies, do the math and then consider your duty to the human race or at least your own culture.

doesnt anyone see peruvian birth control will allow the chinese to accumulate this pile of minerals without any resistance?
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:57 pm

I got the solution for your problems.. And take most of the 'negatives' away.

A Mirena intrauterine http://www.mirena-us.com.
It is hormonal, but as it is right in the spot where it is supposed to be, and therefor the doses is extremely low. It works for 5 years, and in these 5 years it puts the same amount of hormone in your body, as the pill in one month. You can't forget, and maybe for a catholic family.. Nobody has to know it.. And once you are ready for babies, just take it out and you could be pregnant in a month..
It costs like US$150, and as said before, works for 5 years, so probably even cheaper as a pill.
David

Postby David » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:20 pm

Skip Goebel wrote:lets not forget the political aspect of all this.

all empires, including our own, fade into oblivion when 15 years....yes 15 years... of birth control take ahold.
no babies
no country

7 years from now, unless they have mass immigration, housing prices will start to fall. in 25 years, they will have to import skilled and other labor. and this is the longest it could possibly last.

ladies, do the math and then consider your duty to the human race or at least your own culture.

doesnt anyone see peruvian birth control will allow the chinese to accumulate this pile of minerals without any resistance?

I can't wait to see what Americorps has to say about this one!

So Skip what your saying is that countries that use birth control to a certain extent loss population and thus a way of life? I just want to be clear that I am not the only one to have ever said something to that effect.

David
Dan Bonenberger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lessons

Postby Dan Bonenberger » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Hey , where can a guy get lessons in the Rhythm method :roll: :lol: Chau Friends
Steeler Fan
Skip Goebel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Skip Goebel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:43 pm

its just math david
no argument, its reality. no babies......no country
rgamarra
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rgamarra » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:50 pm

David wrote:

no babies
no country

So Skip what your saying is that countries that use birth control to a certain extent loss population and thus a way of life? I just want to be clear that I am not the only one to have ever said something to that effect.

David

Hmmm...I don't think birth control is quite an issue for him. (I joke, please dont' take it the wrong way Americorps.) :shock: :oops: :lol:

Jamie's right about the rhythm method being a Latin American thing. I'll leave it at that. :oops: 8)

30 is the cut off for me when it comes to having kids, so we either have a 3rd one before then, by then or nada.

I tell my husband he's getting it snipped, because I'm not getting it tied and I'm not getting knocked up after 30.

Rhythm or not, there comes a time to get "fixed."

I know you men are cringing and cradling the boys just reading that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I didn't know it was the law in Peru to get tested. I got married in Florida and Florida doesn't require a test.
David

Postby David » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Not to get to far from topic but I got married in Jersey and didn't even take a class. (The Catholics will get that one)

And Skip, just in case I am with you 100% on this one.

David
sonia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sonia » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:21 pm

Singlefather,

After this electronic conversation, you and your Novia have forever endeared yourselves to all of us! After your wedding, please remember to post photos or a video so we can all enjoy the event!

I send both of you and your children every good wish for happiness, prosperity, and many, many years of togetherness.

Sonia
mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:23 pm

..and if you decide do have a baby....there are many names from this forum you can choose from! :lol: :wink:
David

Postby David » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Photos of the wedding not the wedding night! :oops:
sonia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sonia » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:25 pm

Yes, of course I meant the wedding ceremony and not the wedding night!!! :D
timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Birth control in peru...

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:56 pm

Always a touchy, sensitive subject, especially in a Catholic dominated society.

A couple of decades ago, the Peace Corps actulally got kick out for "pushing birth control".

A movie was made "Blood of the Condors". It stirred up a real mess.

Wonder if that flick is still around?
markr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby markr » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:08 am

rgamarra wrote:
David wrote:

no babies
no country

David

Hmmm...I don't think birth control is quite an issue for him. (I joke, please dont' take it the wrong way Americorps.) :shock: :oops: :lol:

Jamie's right about the rhythm method being a Latin American thing. I'll leave it at that. :oops: 8)

30 is the cut off for me when it comes to having kids, so we either have a 3rd one before then, by then or nada.

I tell my husband he's getting it snipped, because I'm not getting it tied and I'm not getting knocked up after 30.

I know you men are cringing and cradling the boys just reading that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I didn't know it was the law in Peru to get tested. I got married in Florida and Florida doesn't require a test.

As singlefather pointed out a test for HIV (blood test) and a chest Xray for TB are both required by law prior to a civil ceremony, they are not required by the church.
It was quite amusing, after picking up our results we had to have a half hour session with a doctor who talked about STD's and contraception. This again was a legal requirement that had to take place before they would sign and give us the "All clear" certification.
During the session with the doctor, he explained to us that on average 1 in 3 people suffer from an STD of some description. When he asked if I understood this (language problems not Thicko Gringo) I said, yes of course and pointed out that statistically as we had both just been given a clean bill of health, it must be him that had a dose of something or other. Thankfully he had a sense of humour and also laughed when I went to shake his hand at the end of the session and quickly withdrew it saying, I'd better not, I don't know where you´ve been. At this point I distinctly remember a sharp kick in the shins and it wasn't the doctor.
singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:11 am

mammalu wrote: Some women become nauseous, bloated or even 'potential assasins."

"A potential assassin".. ouch I better run for the hills.. lol

singlefather

singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:16 am

mammalu wrote:See! Singlefather what you started? :lol:

Mammalu
aka 'uncontrollable'

Yes this a great topic and debate with some great info..

singlefather

singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

cajun jamie wrote:[

Mammalu,

The rhythm method is very effective in Latin America. It doesn't work well in the USA because gringos have no rhythm. Haven't you seen them dance here?

:shock:

Cajun Jamie I can't dance very good and I have no rhythm either and the dogs howl when I sing in the shower.

I better buy my future wife ear plugs and go take some salsa lessons.

singlefather

singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:28 am

mammalu wrote:Cjamie, you are way too much! This is a serious topic! :lol: :lol:

I like his humor and we all need a good laugh everyday. I enjoy reading your posts always also.

singlefather

singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:31 am

cajun jamie wrote:

CJ ,

Ouch man c'mon that hurts just thinking about the scissors.

singlefather

singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 am

rgamarra wrote:[

We men must rescue rgamarra husband :lol: .. Yes all us men are in pain just reading this.. ouch..

In all seriousness this is something we men have to have fixed sometimes as well. It just hurts thinking about it.. Please doctor don't let that knife slip well I am out under general anaesthetic..

I could imagine being on the operating table.. Doc lets talk about this we are both men and if you could just show me where the back door is and let me make a run for it before my wife finds out I would be very grateful.

singlefather

singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:53 am

sonia wrote:Singlefather,

After this electronic conversation, you and your Novia have forever endeared yourselves to all of us! After your wedding, please remember to post photos or a video so we can all enjoy the event!

Sonia

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

sonia wrote:

I send both of you and your children every good wish for happiness, prosperity, and many, many years of togetherness.

Sonia

Thank you very much Sonia , I really appreciate your good wishes for our children and my future wife and I..

singlefather

singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:25 am

Hello everyone,

As you can tell from my previous posts I am in a very good and funny mood tonight.. I tell you my stomach hurts so bad from laughing after chatting and webcamming with my Novia tonight.

I am so lucky to have found and got the love of such a great and wonderful woman who I love with all my heart. She is very smart and has a great sense of humor along with being muy bonita.

So we are chatting about our wedding plans and things and I steer the conversation back to Family planning. Well to start we had a great conversation and I used a lot of the advice given here about her visiting a specialist to get his input. She wants me to be with her and we might schedule when I am in Lima with her for 4 days in December.

She told me that since we are both people that I should get a needle in the behind or in the private area to prevent her getting pregnant after we get married.. Man o man when she saw my face cringing in pain she was laughing so hard that she was crying and holding her stomach.

She is such a happy woman who has a big smile on her face most of the time who loves to laugh..

I think communication is very important in a relationship we have good communication even though we don't understand each other occasionally.

Her English is at an intermediate level and I have to get cracking on my Spanish.

What we did a long time ago is that if we ever don't understand each other or feel offended or bothered by what one of us says we take the position that is was a language communication problem and we did not really understand what was said to us.. We try not to get upset and work on understanding what was really said and meant in the previous sentence.

This has stopped most misunderstanding but not all.

Te amo my Novia and Peru,

singlefather

Last edited by singlefather on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:27 am

mammalu wrote:..and if you decide do have a baby....there are many names from this forum you can choose from! :lol: :wink:

Yes mammalu that is a good idea and there is a lot of good names here.

singlefather

singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:35 am

sonia wrote:Yes, of course I meant the wedding ceremony and not the wedding night!!! :D

Yes I know what you meant Sonia and I will be definitely be posting pics and video of our wedding ceremony and reception.

singlefather

naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:35 am

I don't knw about women getting operations. I've got more than one students whose moms got an operation and ten years later ended up witha surprise.
mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:10 am

naturegirl wrote:I don't knw about women getting operations. I've got more than one students whose moms got an operation and ten years later ended up witha surprise.

From personal experience and some of my friends and relatives ( a couple of them single women) who decided to 'close the store' many years ago, it works fine! But we all had our procedures in the USA.

Now I have at least a girlfriend in Peru who had the procedure done in Lima and she also had a 'surprise', another baby. :shock:
Chiclayo gringo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Chiclayo gringo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:43 pm

Singlefather… I’ve been biting my tongue on this long enough. I’ve seen your novia, and I can say with certainty that abstinence for you is NOT an option.
Tom
singlefather
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby singlefather » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:39 pm

Chiclayo gringo wrote:Singlefather… I’ve been biting my tongue on this long enough. I’ve seen your novia, and I can say with certainty that abstinence for you is NOT an option.
Tom

I guess I will have to turn in monk outfit before the wedding. :D :lol:

singlefather

tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:09 am

Hi NatureGirl

It was 17 years from my youngest son (first wife) to my current marriage.
Now , my youngest is 21. My current wife (peruvian) has a 6 year old - I am the stepfather.
We have been married 4 years, dating a year prior to marriage.

We are not ready yet for a kid. When we get amorous, I keep hearing cash registers ringing in my head. That will give you alot of self control. (hehehe). I have put 4 kids through college and I am constantly seeing dollar sign when I think of more kids.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register